NEurope
Cube

Star Trek Mafia

Yvonne. Can you vote for something please so if this day ends on a stalemate, we can see your double?

He says the double vote only appears when the lynch actually happens. Sounds a bit like bollocks to me.

@Jonnas

Weirdly, while in any other game I'd be happy to lynch Jimbob based purely on inactivity (why does he even sign up?!), in this game I have reason to trust him - Sheikah's message about roleblocking him being a bad idea means I think he's probably good. Surely if he was evil, roleblocking him would be a BAD idea? So yeah I trust him for now.

Interesting thought: if Sheikah AND Jimbob are both mafia, it would be a bad idea for Sheikah to block Jimbob (in Sheikah's eyes). So either Jimbob is good, or both Jimbob or Sheikah are mafioso, based on this random and slightly strange logic.

Anyway, I'd rather go for someone else in this game.

If you ask me, that's another reason to lynch him. Once we see his alignment, we can be 100% sure of Sheikah's own alignment.

Yeah... don't think I'd link us together like that if we were both in a scum team. It's a fair point about Jimbob though, providing your messages aren't something you're fabricating.

If you ask me, that's another reason to lynch him. Once we see his alignment, we can be 100% sure of Sheikah's own alignment.

Come on, I'm telling you every day who I'm roleblocking and what happens to me, you really want to botch a lynch just to confirm I'm town?

Yeah... don't think I'd link us together like that if we were both in a scum team. It's a fair point about Jimbob though, providing your messages aren't something you're fabricating.

Come on, I'm telling you every day who I'm roleblocking and what happens to me, you really want to botch a lynch just to confirm I'm town?

Yeah, providing your information isn't something your fabricating.

:p

My vote only shows up on a lynch, so if Jimbob was at L-2, I could one-shot him with my vote.

Yeah, providing your information isn't something your fabricating.

:p

Well everyone is confirming it, as is the writeup. ;)

Well everyone is confirming it, as is the writeup. ;)

Except, you know, those two nights where you supposedly didn't send a target. There is literally nobody who can verify this. It would be a good cover for a mafia killer, considering how unlikely it is for such a lie to be disproved.

Except, you know, those two nights where you supposedly didn't send a target. There is literally nobody who can verify this. It would be a good cover for a mafia killer, considering how unlikely it is for such a lie to be disproved.

Unlikely? You mad bro? You think I would come forward and say I did nothing for not just one night but two if I didn't?

For one, I could have been unknowingly tracked and immediately exposed.

Second, on both days I said I did roleblock, it has been confirmed. By Jimbob, and from both you and the writeup. Yet no one has said anything on the first 2 nights.

You're really grasping at straws here...making you seem a bit desperate tbh!

Rudeness isn't necessary

A mantra you would do well to remember Yvonne! Very well indeed.

Anyway I wasn't rude, 'you mad bro' has never, to my knowledge, been used to actually infer someone may actually be insane. It's just a phrase, deal with it!

You mad bro?

Fun fact, this phrase actually means "Are you angered? I don't care, and I'll be condescending about it."

It does not usually mean "You crazy, dude?" like you believe it is.

For one, I could have been unknowingly tracked and immediately exposed.

If you, as a killer, had been tracked, the tracker would've revealed it and no story of yours would've saved you from it.

By pre-emptively saying you didn't do anything, you're creating an alibi for yourself. Anyone who can verify it can also say if you're a killer, so whatever your story is, it doesn't really matter in that case.

(All of this assuming you're the mafia killer for those 2 nights)

Second, on both days I said I did roleblock, it has been confirmed. By Jimbob, and from both you and the writeup. Yet no one has said anything on the first 2 nights.

That's precisely my point. You didn't roleblock anybody on those 2 nights, and we only have your word that you did nothing. You can easily be the killer because nobody can verify that story of yours.

Of course, this all goes back to the Jimbob lynch. If he's good, you're good, if he's evil, so are you.

OK I'm up for this Jimbob thing, I want to find out

vote Jimbob

Fun fact, this phrase actually means "Are you angered? I don't care, and I'll be condescending about it."

It does not usually mean "You crazy, dude?" like you believe it is.

If you, as a killer, had been tracked, the tracker would've revealed it and no story of yours would've saved you from it.

By pre-emptively saying you didn't do anything, you're creating an alibi for yourself. Anyone who can verify it can also say if you're a killer, so whatever your story is, it doesn't really matter in that case.

(All of this assuming you're the mafia killer for those 2 nights)

That's precisely my point. You didn't roleblock anybody on those 2 nights, and we only have your word that you did nothing. You can easily be the killer because nobody can verify that story of yours.

Of course, this all goes back to the Jimbob lynch. If he's good, you're good, if he's evil, so are you.

No, no. I could have been tracked doing anything. Not killing. Possibly roleblocking. Yet I came out and said I did nothing. A tracker could have seen me target someone either night - they wouldn't know what I did so would have no reason to come out. You're just assuming I'm the killer. Also like I said, no one came out to say they were roleblocked in the way I do it on either night.

Your argument is weak.

Also Jonnas, seeing as you're claiming to be a phrases wiz, are you familiar with the phrase 'people in glass houses should not throw stones'? :p

Second: I re-read your argument Jonnas, makes more sense now. But the underpinning point is that if I was Mafia I would not have relayed any information about whether it was a mistake to target Jimbob or not. Mafia generally don't want to be associated with each other - the way you're saying it, it sounds like Jimbob's death would be an easy tell tale about my alignment. So why would I create such a situation?

Let's also not forget your similar deduction regarding Magnus's alignment was wrong (it was a similar 'if he is this then Sheikah is that'). You hadn't accounted for Magnus's town verdict and lying.

Also given I am town, it logically makes sense not to roleblock people the first couple of nights, which adds credence to my account.

Also Jonnas, seeing as you're claiming to be a phrases wiz, are you familiar with the phrase 'people in glass houses should not throw stones'?

"I know you are but what am I" is a phrase I didn't think I'd hear as an adult

Are people going to get all pissy because someone in a game wasn't particularly courteous? Can we stop with this 'feelings' crap that people seem to fall back on and talk about important things. Like lynching Jimbob, I can always get behind that. He's just so easily disposable.

Vote Jimbob

Also Jonnas, seeing as you're claiming to be a phrases wiz, are you familiar with the phrase 'people in glass houses should not throw stones'? :p

Every one of my targets and failed actions is checked out by multiple sources. The exception is the day I was roleblocked, and even that is supported by the fact that nobody but me came out as being roleblocked in that manner, that night.

My house might be transparent, but it is made of bulletproof glass!

Let's also not forget your similar deduction regarding Magnus's alignment was wrong (it was a similar 'if he is this then Sheikah is that'). You hadn't accounted for Magnus's town verdict and lying.

What I meant back then was: "If he's good, Sheikah is confirmed as a brute. If he's evil, we can discard what Magnus says about anything, and take our own conclusions"

There was never any black/white dichotomy to what I said. And I still believe he was secretly mafia.

Also given I am town, it logically makes sense not to roleblock people the first couple of nights, which adds credence to my account.

To you it might make sense.

Second: I re-read your argument Jonnas, makes more sense now. But the underpinning point is that if I was Mafia I would not have relayed any information about whether it was a mistake to target Jimbob or not. Mafia generally don't want to be associated with each other - the way you're saying it, it sounds like Jimbob's death would be an easy tell tale about my alignment. So why would I create such a situation?

Maybe you thought it was a message that the sender actually wrote (instead of it being Cube's advice).

I do agree that the conclusions about Jimbob's death aren't as clear cut as I made them sound... but it can be something quite substantial.

"I know you are but what am I" is a phrase I didn't think I'd hear as an adult

Come on, really? How'd you come to that conclusion? I get the feeling you just love being awkward. I was saying that as someone as suspicious as himself, it's funny that he was pointing the finger over really trivial matters.

Every one of my targets and failed actions is checked out by multiple sources. The exception is the day I was roleblocked, and even that is supported by the fact that nobody but me came out as being roleblocked in that manner, that night.

My house might be transparent, but it is made of bulletproof glass!

Um, I wasn't suggesting you were the killer. Why would I? A mafia redirector is likely to redirect rather than kill as he's super useful. I was instead suggesting the glaring possibility that as a redirector stipulated to be town has been killed already, you could be scum. We know Magnus acted weird as hell, but it still makes you pretty suspicious.

To you it might make sense.
I would surely hope it made sense to everyone? If you are a town roleblocker, you are more likely to do harm than good by acting at the beginning of the game.

I do agree that the conclusions about Jimbob's death aren't as clear cut as I made them sound... but it can be something quite substantial.

Basically your argument against me as far as I can tell is "you have no alibi for the first 2 nights." On the flip side, there is no evidence against me either.

How is this any different from nearly every remaining player in the game (particularly the ones who have said nothing)?

Let's stop this now, we know it won't go anywhere and I don't think even you believe it to be honest.

I only haven't thanked Diageo's post because I seem to be thanking all of them lately..

Still, Jimbob is very easily disposable to settle this.. and so Vote: Jimbob

I'm a little concerned at the willingness of many to get rid of Jimbob. I know he's inactive, but Yvonne seems like more of a threat, personally.

I'm a little concerned at the willingness of many to get rid of Jimbob. I know he's inactive, but Yvonne seems like more of a threat, personally.

Exactly.

This all rides on either Nintendohnut's message being false or misleading, or me reporting nonsense about Jimbob to you guys (which would implicate me heavily if he was Mafia, so is pretty unlikely).

Given Peeps also reported a white space message and Dohnut admitted to targeting both me and Peeps, I have more faith in his messages than I did before.

Mafia have failed 3 night kills in a row... it hardly surprises me that votes are accumulating for reasons completely irrelevant to guilt (namely, poor level of play).

I do find his inactivty in almost every game to be irksome, but in this one I both cannot point fingers, and do not feel it is fair justification/suspect some scum in this. However my issue against lynching Yvonne is that, unless I'm mistaken, I've been in exactly the same situation of not succeeding for the last two nights - I'd normally jump right on it as clear evidence of a killer - but I think this game might have more to it than we can see.

We don't need smack talk. If people can get something across without insulting other players, please do.

What's the count?

Like I said, it wasn't offensive (it is a meme phrase) and only you saw it that way. Please stop stirring it.