NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Serebii

Mario Augmented Reality

Coming from today's Chotto Direct

This AR app is completely free and there are special AR cards that can work with it, which come with prepaid point cards

Developed by the team behind Galaxy & 3D Land

Starts with Mario, Luigi, Peach, Goomba, Koopa and Bowser cards, with more to come at a later date for 1,000 to 3,000 yen as they also give eShop credit. You can then take photos with them and watch as they interact. Put Mario & Goomba together, and Mario will jump on it

Seems like a fun little app

Edited by Serebii

I liked messing around with the AR stuff on the 3DS, I'm glad they're doing more with it.

Cool, but I wish that there were actual AR games to go along with it. I loved those little AR games that were included with the 3DS originally and they've done pretty much nothing with it since, other than taking silly pictures!

Spirit Camera and Tetris 3DS are the only games to incorporate AR for actual gameplay. Why can't we have some more!?

Cool, but I wish that there were actual AR games to go along with it. I loved those little AR games that were included with the 3DS originally and they've done pretty much nothing with it since, other than taking silly pictures!

Spirit Camera and Tetris 3DS are the only games to incorporate AR for actual gameplay. Why can't we have some more!?

http://www.serebii.net/dreamradar

box.jpg

Pretty convincing April Fools.

It was in a Chotto Nintendo Direct, Ashley. Japan doesn't do April Fools :p

Sorry oh king of knowledge but fool of sarcasm :p

Apology accepted :p

Why nobody has exploited AR cards to make a card game app is beyond me. I know Japan made a game out of the Kid Icarus ones, but there's so much potential. The Pokemon TCG should really spin-off into AR territory.

Nice idea, but to be honest, I'd probably tinker around with it for about two minutes then wonder why I didn't just buy whatever from the eShop using the exact money with my debit card.

*heaves thread from the depths*

Looks like the badge arcade is not the only thing to finally make it out of Japan. Picked these up from WHSmiths yesterday.

2015-11-11%2008.04.12_zpsseyavop9.jpg

The cards have a scratch code on the back for Photos with Mario, which works just like the animal crossing version. Mario and Luigi greet each other if you have them on screen at the same time, and the standard AR cards make a warp pipe appear. Nothing you would want to pay for, but a neat little freebie if you're picking up credit anyway.

Hey! Well that came out of absolutely nowhere!

Nice to see!

Now how's about we finally get Rusty's Real Deal Baseball here in Europe NOE? ;)

*heaves thread from the depths*

Looks like the badge arcade is not the only thing to finally make it out of Japan. Picked these up from WHSmiths yesterday.

2015-11-11%2008.04.12_zpsseyavop9.jpg

The cards have a scratch code on the back for Photos with Mario, which works just like the animal crossing version. Mario and Luigi greet each other if you have them on screen at the same time, and the standard AR cards make a warp pipe appear. Nothing you would want to pay for, but a neat little freebie if you're picking up credit anyway.

Mind if I post this on the main site with your picture? Is the app available right now if you input the download code?

Edited by Dcubed

Mind if I post this on the main site with your picture? Is the app available right now if you input the download code?

That's fine with me. I downloaded the app this morning and it works.

That's fine with me. I downloaded the app this morning and it works.

Cheers! The story is live now and you've been properly credited : peace:

Sign in to follow this