NEurope
DuD

Nintendo Exp-element Mafia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutual_assured_destruction

The threat has to be real for it to mean anything. Rummy and Magnus have bet on Water doing exactly what you say (nothing) in order to reap the benefits of ruining our chances which are currently near 0, instead of the mutually beneficial alliance offer. If Water doesn't retaliate that makes the team suckers for no reason. Water currently has basically nothing to lose, so its threats may as well have weight behind them.

Fire & Ice will be busy laying into each other no doubt.

Also you all passed up a wicked opportunity for some cool in-thread alliances. That would have been awesome! For shame.

What's awesome about tonight is that ice and fire both have to kill each other to stand a good chance after this night phase. One of them goes for water or townie and the other team is instantly in an advantageous position. It's really only the remaining water mafioso the town has to worry about, and to be honest I can see them going for either Rummy or Magnus just to prove Diageo wrong :p Still, if they don't we're still in with a chance.

The remaining water has no allies, so would do well to leverage the chaos from ice & fire's killing.

Mafia hold the double votes, that makes for opportunistic and volatile voting. Mafia hold the kill power, so as long as they're around, and water is very lucky, water probably would do better killing town, now that we know no one is interested in a deal. So thanks for that

Regarding something way up the thread... @Jon Dedede, I think.

I can confirm Rummy is town, as well. I targeted him last night. Town.

I can also confirm I am town.

The remaining water has no allies, so would do well to leverage the chaos from ice & fire's killing.

Mafia hold the double votes, that makes for opportunistic and volatile voting. Mafia hold the kill power, so as long as they're around, and water is very lucky, water probably would do better killing town, now that we know no one is interested in a deal. So thanks for that

I'm pretty sure majority has already been reached, so it's not that there's no deal, it's just that it's already happened.

Just been through the thread. The only possible players with a double vote are @Jon Dedede and @Jimbob. Please could one of you remove your vote and vote for yourself? That way when the day ends we'll be able to put this to bed and work out who is the final double vote.

This thread is confusing as fuck. I come home from work with several pages about A Song of Ice and Fire (Game o' fucking Thrones.) and massive power play.

Which is a bit of a ballache since I had a similar idea for another mafia. DuD you bitch.

This thread is confusing as fuck.

Simple question: did you kill someone last night?

Sorry everyone.. I've been keeping an eye on procedings all day via mobile, but RL has kept me from a computer.

Night 3 BRIEF

Professor Gadd here.

A very logical plea falling on deaf ears.. will people rue their decisions or will they turn out to be inspired?

"the smartest motherfucker here" turned out to be too smart for some people to consider working alongside even if it would briefly reap mutual rewards.

An action that most definately stands as a compliment to his prowess:

Final Votes

Rummy (1) : EEVILMURRAY.

Yvonne (7) : Herioicjanitor, Rummy, Diageo, Mr-Paul, Jimbob, Jon DeDeDe.

Jimbob (3) : Cube, Yvonne.

Magnus Peterson (1) : Magnus Peterson

Enough complaints have been recieved. I have removed Yvonne from the experiment.

Yvonne was Water Tunic Link.

fff_278110_ca.jpg

Water Tunic Link seperated himself from his teammates.. He didn't know them. They didn't know him. WT Link was able to determine what character a player was. He also held a double vote.

He was a very capable killer.

He was Water Mafia!

@Cube

@Jon Dedede

@EEVILMURRAY

@Rummy

@Mr-Paul

@Diageo

@Magnus Peterson

@Jimbob

@heroicjanitor

@Nintendohnut

You may set about your night. Rest well, I will be waking you in roughly 24hrs time.

Edited by DuD

I'VE EDITED THIS POST BECAUSE IT WAS BEYOND THE NIGHT CUTOFF AND I SHOULDN'T HAVE POSTED. IF DuD WANTS IT TO BE POSTED AND ME PUNISHED I WILL EDIT IT BACK.

(my main forum page was outdated so I hadn't realised DuD was last poster when I was posting, but still no excuse)

Edited by Rummy

We're just waiting on a couple of final details.

I'll hopefully be starting day 4 tonight.

Day 4 BRIEF

Good Morning one and all. Sorry for another long night.

I can reveal there have been more casualties.

Lets assess the damage shall we...

The night's first casualty was @Jon Dedede. He was Ice Rod Link. His ice stood no chance against the flames.

Zelda_ALttP_Ice_rod.png

Couldn't find a better pic

Ice Rod Link seperated himself from his teammates.. He didn't know them. They didn't know him.

IR Link was able to determine what character a player was. He also held a double vote.

He was a very capable killer.

He was Ice Mafia!

I have one final announcement to make..

A player was seen nursing his injuries last night. He was watched removing an Ice Arrow from his leg as he headed off to find Fire Mario.

Still Experimenting

@Mr\-Paul

@Diageo

@Magnus Peterson

@Jimbob

@Nintendohnut

As there are now 8 of you I will require 5 complaints before I remove a subject from the experiment.

Play smartly now. Enjoy your day.

Edited by DuD

How bizarre, I've been mentioned yet I've no notification?

Hmm, to test if my vote is back.

Vote:Rummy

I got no notification either.

Hey Yvonne, where was that revenge kill? :p

Guessing the player picking the arrow out of his leg was the failed water killer.

Nintendohnut is F.L.U.D.D Mario. I shot him with an arrow. I guess whoever he targeted must be Fire Mario.

I had a hunch it was him. Used my ice arrow in the thinking that it might freeze his water ability.

It didn't.

Jimbob is Fire Mario.

Oh, and I also know for a fact that EEVILMURRAY is mafia, but I don't know whether he's ice or fire.

Oh and also also I wasn't trying to kill anyone. I used a Gaddget last night and had a character investigator power, but annoyingly it seems that because it was a Gaddget the information was just revealed to everyone. Either that or it would've appeared anyway, in which case I might as well have done something else.

If we lynch Nintendohnut today that leaves only two mafia teams and two kills at most tonight. What say ye?

Do the kills pass down at all? Tonight will be the night where the Links would make their kill, so I wonder if that still applies.

EEVIL is a tracker. I used his power on Jimbob and found that Jimbob targeted Diageo.

I had a hunch it was him. Used my ice arrow in the thinking that it might freeze his water ability.

Why can you use an ice arrow?

I don't know how the kills work tbh.

I am Dark Link. I have Ice arrows, Din's Fire, and The Water Dragon Scale. I'm a badass.

Town

Cube

Rummy

Magnus Peterson

Water Mafia

Nintendohnut

Fire Mafia

Mr-Paul

Jimbob

Ice Mafia

Diageo

EEVILMURRAY

If I kill will be obvious. I can kill the other mafia, or use my power to help.

I have nothing to lose at this point. I will side completely with the town if you leave me alive. I kill without the towns approval? Lynch me. Of course, I can help the town wipe out the other mafias with an extra kill and never threaten the town by gaining majority.

Full disclosure, anyway. Hopefully it will make you trust me a little more.

We didn't kill night 1. We decided to see what would happen as clearly there were multiple mafias.

We have been told that our third member was unknown but that they were our 'uber killer'. They could kill anyone, but they chose the target and they could potentially kill us. So far the water mafia hasn't killed anyone so far this game - we gave the option to Yvonne and he went for Jonnas.

The rest of the mafia, aside from the 'uber killer', only have the ability to kill 'certain people' (in DuD's words). We aren't guaranteed success when we try to kill. With this in mind I thought it was better not to kill tonight, and seeing as my power is basically shit at this point I thought I'd go for a Gaddget instead.

So the other mafias won't always be successful if they choose to kill. Worth bearing in mind.

When Marc was killed it said he had 'no specific power'. That didn't mean he changed powers every night. DuD gave us two powers - alignment investigation and tracker. If we killed, we sacrificed the alignment investigation. If we didn't we could use both. Now that Marc is dead I have the power to use either, but they're pretty pointless really so I went for a Gaddget.

I don't want to die when there are two more powerful mafias. I am literally at your mercy, so my options are side with you and do what you want me to or just die. What would YOU do in my position?

I can try and kill a rival mafia member tonight to help the town, or you can lynch me and lose a slight advantage.

Yesterday I was obviously defending a team mate but at the same time it was fairly obvious that lynching Yvonne was a worse choice than lynching, say, heroic. They both had double votes, they were both admitting to being mafia, but you took out a weaker mafia member and left a powerful mafia team at full power. Anyway.

We know three of the other four mafia players.

Diageo is ice

Jimbob is fire Mario

EEVILMURRAY is mafia of unknown type

So the last mafia member is Magnus, Cube, mr-Paul or Rummy. I know we've had claims from some of you but the rest might as well claim to try and weed out the last member.

Do the kills pass down at all? Tonight will be the night where the Links would make their kill, so I wonder if that still applies.

EEVIL is a tracker. I used his power on Jimbob and found that Jimbob targeted Diageo.

Why can you use an ice arrow?

I know how the kills work. Obviously.

We had the power to kill, but only certain characters. It wasn't explained which we'd be able to kill. Basically it's a gamble for normal mafia members to kill.

The third member of the mafia wasn't known to us. They could kill anyone but we couldn't give them targets, so they could've chosen us.

Either way, we HAD to use our third killer at least one in three nights, but we could use them more if we wanted.

Now that they're dead there's no rule about them, the mafia kills don't pass down or anything, the normal mafia just have to kill themselves if they want. If the other mafias match mine they won't be able to kill everyone.

Shit that's a long post. Double merge makes it worse :(