N-Europe

The Mass Effect Mafia (Game Thread)

Jimbob

No one has claimed to have targeted Jon Dedede. Why would I accuse him of lying when there's nothing to contradict that. Your story relies on someone protecting you. All that person needs to do is come forward and I'll put my vote on Yvonne.

If you're town and the protector is town, it will save a townie. If a townie protector STILL decides not to come forward then they are an idiot. If they exist they will save the life of a townie. If they stay quiet, sure they stay relatively safe but they are also directly causing the death of a townie. It's on them.

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tbh though, whilst neither adds up to me; Yvonne has claimed to what...have tracked Sheikah and to have re-directed anyone from himself to Jon Dedede? I don't see how these two bits of info can be known concurrently. I tink Yvonne is the likely mafia.

If Shiekah's town, we'll lynch Yvonne tomorrow anyway. If Yvonne is town, we'll lynch Shiekah tomorrow anyway. If Yvonne is mafia, we still have two possible investigations. I think, sadly despite this fiasco, that Yvonne is the smart choice.

I think the mafia are; Yvonne, Ganepark, and...well, I'm not sure I trust Cube. I think he wants to kill me. @The Peeps, I know Sheikah's being Sheikah, and it doesn't add up, but I personally think Yvonne is the better choice for lynch. I don't think a mafia would have been as vocal and as risky as Sheikah's been.

I'm not sure. I'm also, given the vote count mixup, not unwilling to believe things might have gone wrong in the night.

However what I do know is that I couldn't find Sheikah. I also know that I trust you most out of everyone, and you said you protected me. This means I shouldn't have been interfered with and Magnus has claimed to have seen you with me exactly in accordance with my flavour of the night.

Ganepark has claimed to be a roleblocker, and this has apparently been confirmed by Cube by passing this info to DuD last night(not sure if this or his claim came first). Ganepark claims to have roleblocked DuD last night, who claims to be GM-Jailkept on even nights. Mr-paul has been roleblocked by a mystery roleblocker.

(Obviously for me, my conviction is in my own information - I know that I was told that I couldn't reach Sheikah - I don't know the reason, but I know that and it does marry with his claims of being untargettable - in the sea of mess that is today, my own info is pretty much the most reliable that I have)

He rolebloks.

He apparently also gets information.

Do you want me dead Cube? Of what significance exactly is Javik to you?

No one has claimed to have targeted Jon Dedede.

But the writeup doesn't say somebody was waiting for Jon Dedede! Any of the untargetables, myself included, could be the cause of the writeup comment.

Why would I accuse him of lying when there's nothing to contradict that. Your story relies on someone protecting you. All that person needs to do is come forward and I'll put my vote on Yvonne.

There is contradiction. If you protected Rummy, and Magnus confirms it, and Rummy did not reach me, that makes it a pretty strong chance that I was unreachable. For Rummy's sake I will say it's not a foregone conclusion, but it's good evidence.

You've then got to wonder how I could therefore be redirected to Jon, and how Jon himself also just happened to target and track me despite me being untargetable, and how Yvonne, the accused, just happened to be sent bounds of information about this occurrence that he shouldn't have been able receive. Most notably, he was a reverse tracker tracking himself on consecutive days which does nothing to spot a killer, and somehow he happened to spot me move away from him, and not only that but who I apparently went to instead. All from an apparent reverse track. Which I still find odd, given I was protected, and therefore should be immune to it.

You're saying you believe all the above happening over there being someone with the ability to protect me yesterday? I'm not saying the person who protected me is even a non-gimped protector; they could be limited in their uses too.

We have lost a previous alignment investigator and kill protector. And you're wondering why they haven't spoken out? They would literally be protecting themselves for the rest of the game.

Has ANYONE in the game so far been specifically told that they were protected?

We're 2 nights in!

Edited by Sheikah
Automerged Doublepost

I came out as a protector and I have a double vote yet I'm still here. If there is a protector still around then I'm 100% certain they're mafia or they would've come forward by now.

It's hard to get past the Rummy business. If Rummy failed to target you, it does indicate that you had some kind of protection.

Rummy, could you tell us your night power please? It will honestly help.

@Cube, @The_Peeps, I think Yvonne is the right choice. I have a feeling Sheikah might be telling the truth, and this other protector might exist - it seems silly and unorthodox, but I think it might just be the case. I don't want to see this end without a lynch but I don't want this possible other protector to come forward neither.

@The Peeps even. Always make that mistake.

I came out as a protector and I have a double vote yet I'm still here. If there is a protector still around then I'm 100% certain they're mafia or they would've come forward by now.

We lost our kill protector on night 1.

Also: I was not told that I was protected. It's been proved by events that night that I was, but I wasn't told via a PM.

Also I refuse, at this stage, to reveal my night power. It was not successful last night and has no bearing on the current situation. I'm coming round to the idea this protector exists though, and I also happen to think he might know about me. You could probably guess at what I do, but I won't confirm it until another day phase. I've said who I am, and what I did/tried last night, I don't feel any reason to give more right now.

I was the one that protected you night 1 anyway :p

Rummy, unless you're the protector I don't actually think there is one. I'll be voting for Sheikah at 4:30pm.

DuD

Sheikah

Jon Dedede

Cube

The Peeps

Ganepark32

Rummy

Magnus Peterson

Yvonne

Mr-Paul

The only living players with unknown powers are Rummy and mr-paul. mr-paul was roleblocked so unless Rummy protected Sheikah, there simply isn't another protector. Sheikah has to be lying about being protected.

I was the one that protected you night 1 anyway :p

Rummy, unless you're the protector I don't actually think there is one. I'll be voting for Sheikah at 4:30pm.

DuD

Sheikah

Jon Dedede

Cube

The Peeps

Ganepark32

Rummy

Magnus Peterson

Yvonne

Mr-Paul

The only living players with unknown powers are Rummy and mr-paul. mr-paul was roleblocked so unless Rummy protected Sheikah, there simply isn't another protector. Sheikah has to be lying about being protected.

Peeps, you're not accounting for people with multiple powers. Jimbob often gives people more than one power.

I'm pretty sure that just like with alignment investigation, whoever can do it is limited in their use of it.

DuD - did not protect sheikah

Sheikah - obv not

Jon Dedede - did not protect sheikah

Cube - did not protect sheikah

The Peeps - did not protect sheikah

Ganepark32 - roleblocked mr-paul

Rummy - failed to target sheikah

Magnus Peterson - did not protect sheikah

Yvonne - did not protect sheikah

Mr-Paul - roleblocked

Tell me which of those players not only has multiple powers but is able to target multiple players on the same night.

Sheikah claims to be protected and therefore stopped the night kill. This is just not possible.

Jon Dedede claims to be untargetable for night 2 and that is why there was no night kill. This IS possible whether you believe it or not.

mr-paul was roleblocked therefore he could be the killer. This is also possible whether you believe it or not.

Why would he lie about it? Oh, because he's mafia.

Seriously, I think Sheikah's on the money here; even though his protection doesn't make sense. I do genuinely believe he was both unreachable, and subject of the night kill. Please off Yvonne. Mafia stay quiet, town do not.