NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

The SEGA MEGADRIVE

All this love for the Illusion games, and not one word about this little gem? For shame!

I was quite lucky as a kid really. I was the Nintendo guy, and my mate was the SEGA kid so we used to just play each other's games :)

I never did get my own Megadrive though (my first SEGA console was a Dreamcast), though I did always love those MD games like the Sonics, Ristar, Ghouls N' Ghosts, Mean Bean Machine/Puyo Pop and Moonwalker. It wasn't until the VC came out that I was really able to dive into its library and it really does have some amazing games!

The Shining Force games, Pulseman, Strider, Monster World/Wonderboy, Fantasy Zone, Alien Soldier, Gunstar Heroes, Beyond Oasis, Dynamite Headdy, Shinobi 3 & Revenge...

The Mega Drive truly is a treasure trove of classics and the king of 2D action games :D

I'd still love to play all those Japanese Mega CD games I saw years ago, especially Lunar: the Silver Star. I know it's been remade a few times, so I'm sure I'll get round to it one day.

I just remembered a couple of games that I borrowed as a kid:

Chiki Chiki Boys

This is a bit of an obscure classic. Very fun to play, varied bosses and level design, never gets repetitive, great music and, to top it all off, it just oozes charm all around.

I don't know how this game isn't more famous, it's got everything.

And now for something more well known:

768880-mega_bomberman_front_large.jpg

The single player is surprisingly good. The multiplayer is just godlike.