NEurope
Serebii

Pokémon Rumble U

You jammy git. I can't wait for these to arrive over here so I can spend all my monies on them. I'm a sucker for collectibles. :)

Oh lookie what came out today! We went to the Pokemon Center after class, and well, you can probably guess what happened.

407025_10152756284515720_648365970_n.jpg

5 out of 6! NEITHER OF US GOT PIKACHU. Something tells me they're making it the rarest of the base figures to promote buying it at the Pokemon Center to get the punching Pikachu figure. We talked to the nice lady at the Pokemon Center once again (she seems to be in charge of events), and after joking around for a bit about how we don't actually own Wii U's and her asking whether or not this seems to be a thing that there's an interest for overseas, she let me know that the rare seventh figure is actually a differently coloured Pikachu, I think she said the ears were slightly different.

I used 2000 yen as my planned maximum, but of course, that would mean I have 5 spares going..

524709_10152756284460720_605690557_n.jpg

Also, I bought some rare candy, as you do..

551348_10152756284470720_1809340217_n.jpg

A friend has got me a full set, including the secret one!

I'm enjoying this game, but it certainly isn't forgiving lol

You lucky bastard!

I'm really liking how they've taken the initiative to explain how Rumble U works, as they had a station set up between the gacha machines that had a Wii U ready to play next to the nice event assistant, with 4 of the base figures available for you to try while the event assistant guides you through it.

She invited us to play, but we had other stuff to do so couldn't do it. But still, they're playing it safe with this venture.

Well, I got all 649 Pokémon today. Well, that's a lie as I've been getting them all week, but I got the 649th today

Great game, a bit shallow but it has difficulty that ranges from ridiculously easy to ridiculously difficult.

It then trolled me

A level remains unlocked until you have all 649 Pokémon. One would assume that it would be something special, like say a battle against Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie, Sylveon, Xerneas, Yveltal and Newtwo but no. It was a battle against all the Unown -_-

This game is currently sitting at #3 on the All-Time charts on the Japanese eShop

Well it's Pokémon + Portable + Japan! :p

It's not that portable :p

Great! Nice to see that the Wii U now has a decent schedule for August! (now if they could just sort out the black hole of nothingness that is September...)

Strange that they didn't mention the NFC toys though. I'm sure we'll get them but it's just a bit weird that they aren't bigging them up yet though.

Edit: Ahh, the toys are coming later on.

Edited by Dcubed

From the press pack and Serebii

engfigure.jpg

So the figures are coming. I guess it's just a matter of how they are going to distribute them.

North America is getting all 18 figures, $3.99 each, exclusive to Gamestop

Got quite a few of these at the Pokemon centre in Japan on Honeymoon. Love the toys but so far not a fan of the game itself.

I really got them so I can take them to work and decode them, as we are doing quite a lot of RFID stuff atm. Just need to get and induction loop and we're ready to go. Could probably make some fake ones and see if there are any hidden numbers to unlock.

Got quite a few of these at the Pokemon centre in Japan on Honeymoon. Love the toys but so far not a fan of the game itself.

I really got them so I can take them to work and decode them, as we are doing quite a lot of RFID stuff atm. Just need to get and induction loop and we're ready to go. Could probably make some fake ones and see if there are any hidden numbers to unlock.

Oh, that'd be very much appreciated if you can do that :)

So you don't know which Pokémon you're getting when purchasing the toys?

So you don't know which Pokémon you're getting when purchasing the toys?

In Japan, no. In America and Europe, we're not sure at this point

All the press people said to me was "Each figure will be sold separately and packed in a concealed capsule."

It'd be good if they sold the figures kinda like the Skylander sets, where you know what you're getting. But I guess that won't print as much money for Nintendo as buying blindly.

Also any ideas on price of the game and the figures?

It'd be good if they sold the figures kinda like the Skylander sets, where you know what you're getting. But I guess that won't print as much money for Nintendo as buying blindly.

In Japan, figures are 200Yen but in gachapon machines while the game was 1800 Yen

In America, figures are $3.99, while the game is $18.

Chances are figures will be £3 here and the game £15

The game will probably be around £15.00. The figures are 200 yen, which is about £1.30, so hopefully they will be about £1.50-£2.00.

Edit: What Serebii said. :D

Cool, that's pretty reasonable I guess. Would still much prefer being able to see what figure I'll be chucking my £3 on though :p

For some inexplicable reason, the European site is lacking NFC details. As such, it makes me think we're not getting them, since the game is out next week

For some inexplicable reason, the European site is lacking NFC details. As such, it makes me think we're not getting them, since the game is out next week

Well that sucks if true. I was looking forward to collecting the little figures. :(

They should at least make the NFC figures a Club Nintendo reward like those Kid Icarus cards, but then I guess that would actually make Club Nintendo relevant...

I'd be very surprised if they do skip bringing those figures to the West, I doubt they would have trouble getting stores to stock Pokemon related items, not to mention it would be a profitable venture.