NEurope
Serebii

Pokémon Rumble U

Following on from last night's reveal of Ninfia, a new Wii U game has been announced in CoroCoro. This game, Pokémon Scramble U, is due for release this Spring and will contain all 649 current Pokémon. Like the original, it is 4 Player and can feature up to 100 pokémon at a time. It's a download only game

Woah! That was random!

Nice to see Ambrella being put to good use. The Wii and 3DS games are the best things they've ever done (not that that's saying much mind you :p )

At least we know that Nintendo didn't completely blow their load at the last Nintendo Direct now :)

Nice, Enjoyed the 3DS game. Hopefully comes out here sooner rather than later.

I'm kinda meh about this. I adored the WiiWare version but the 3DS didn't grab me. I would love them to add online co-op to this but, yeah...Nintendo.

the 3DS version was fine when i bought it for £20, but it got old and i never finished it, i'm not sure a Wiiu version would be worth it.....if its online co-op it might bring some fun to it, and battles online could give it value.

Meh I sure hope they won't use the weird low poly models AGAIN. I've seen them enough for the rest of my life...

Played the 3DS version, got bored really quickly. Like halfway through Chapter 1.

Nice to see Wii U getting some new eShop games and for those who like the series though of course.

Meh I sure hope they won't use the weird low poly models AGAIN. I've seen them enough for the rest of my life...

They do unfortunately

I really liked the WiiWare version playing co-op spent hours on it with my brothers. I skipped the 3DS version, to me it wasnt worth £30. Anywho, this is good news :smile:

Got some higher res ones

http://www.serebii.net/rumbleu/pics.shtml

100.jpg

groudon.jpg

eevee.jpg

select.jpg

It does seem like this won't be as fully-fledged as the 3DS one. Seems to just be confined to these small areas with new toys thrown at you. Could change though, we didn't see the true scope of the last one straight away

This game is the first Wii U game to use the NFC on the GamePad. 7 Figures out on Launch Day (April 24th) at 200 Yen a piece. It both reads and can store data on them

Makes sense. I still don't think I can bring myself to play another Pokémon Rumble game though. Every so often I go back to the 3DS one, but it's just so repetitive, I can't bring myself to complete it!

Only 7? Awww shiiiit, I was hoping for like a barrage of them, with some rare so I could capitalise on living near a Pokemon Center..

Only 7? Awww shiiiit, I was hoping for like a barrage of them, with some rare so I could capitalise on living near a Pokemon Center..

Yeah, seems like a half hearted effort, unless they are just going to do this as a feeler and see how much people are interested in it.

It comes as no surprise that Pokemon is the franchise Nintendo chose to use NFC first. I was just expecting a bit more of a bang that's all.

Well, I'll probably pick up the special figure. I'm guessing it's Victini or an alternate coloured Pokemon.

I can imagine that they're going to release them as sets to prolong the life of the game

I can imagine that they're going to release them as sets to prolong the life of the game

Would make a lot of sense. I'm definitely going to keep an eye out on these figures though, I actually really like the concept of the figures storing the information as well so it'd be cool to grab a hold of a couple of the special figures just in case I pick up a Wii U

Makes perfect sense in this game - they are Toy Pokemon after all!

Gold rush incoming...

I think they're testing the water here.

If Nintendo went down the Skylanders route with Pokemon toys they would make huge amounts of money.

I think they're testing the water here.

If Nintendo went down the Skylanders route with Pokemon toys they would make huge amounts of money.

We've been expecting them to test this for a while after the success of Skylanders and the inclusion of NFC in the Wii U controller ever since it was confirmed in the Ubisoft leak.

I wonder if it's going to pay off though, Skylanders might have been a one off in the western market. The price point for the Pokemon figures though is very competitive, just under £1.50 each.

We've been expecting them to test this for a while after the success of Skylanders and the inclusion of NFC in the Wii U controller ever since it was confirmed in the Ubisoft leak.

I wonder if it's going to pay off though, Skylanders might have been a one off in the western market. The price point for the Pokemon figures though is very competitive, just under £1.50 each.

Multiply that by 649 and suddenly it's not so competitive ;)

I wonder if those Pokemon will still be catchable in the game itself...