Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Xenoblade Chronicles X (4th Dec)

Hero-of-Time

Xenoblade Chronicles X: Details On Creating Weapons And The Other Alien Races You’ll Encounter

Check out here for full details:

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/03/12/xenoblade-chronicles-x-details-on-creating-weapons-and-the-other-alien-races-youll-encounter/

Or a summary below:

Equipment

– Arms Company is located at the shopping district

– Arms Company sells and develops equipment for characters and Dolls

– There are companies such as the Sakuraba Heavy Industry, Granada GG, and Meledes & Co

– You can choose to support certain companies and have them make newer and better gear by leveling them up

– Companies can be upgraded by offering them all-purpose minerals known as Miranium

– This can also be done by using a company’s weapon and acquiring Commercial Points by defeating enemies

– Can also request upgrades with the Affix Enhancement feature

– Do this by offering various material found throughout Mira, and providing them to upgrade accessories

– There are slots for equipment

– You can use to input “Devices” into the as power-ups and effects to the gear

– This is also done by finding material in Mira, then making the Device with them

– The Arms Company can make brand new equipment by giving them rare material

Races

The Nopon

– Indigenous to Planet Mira

– Nopon are known for traveling around the planet in their caravan to sell merchandise

The MaNon

– The MaNon are Peaceful extraterrestrials with highly advanced technology

The Vaias

– Vaias are hostile toward humans

– Vaias are one of the more aggressive groups of extraterrestrials on Planet Mira

• Replies 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So much info coming out about the game from Wii I can't even keep on top of it. It's making me feel re-assured however that this is going to at least have had the same amount of love and dedication put into it as XC, and I just hope to hope that it comes off at least as well.

(still want me a legendary heropon tho :( )

Call me a sexist pig or whatever, but Japanese design for most women in games is just...

KAIb1.gif

Doesn't matter if it's an squid like alien or anything like that...

Never change Japan.

They call her Butter Face. Why?

or

Nice ass but her face!

Edited by Wii

Latest translated Tweets fom Kojima:

"We had a new plush made for Tatsu… but at the start of development, there were actually quite a few arguments about whether we should put Nopon in the game or not.

Then the event planners started pushing lots of Nopon-related ideas, and in the end, Takahashi joined in on the fun and came up with the character of Tatsu. Now, we’re really glad that we put them in the game after all.

By the way, have you noticed that the top image on the homepage can be changed? Try clicking the < or > to the left and right of the main visual!"

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=156108649&postcount=1631

http://xenobladex.jp/

How awesome is this?

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

The music alone is worth the admission fee.

Xenoblade Chronicles X OST Remaster version (w lyrics)

1st track: 0:00

2nd track: 3:17

3rd track: 6:30

4th track: 9:20

They're all brilliant but I think I like track 1 the most.

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

Xenoblade Chronicles X Shares A Look At The Various Creatures Of Mira

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/03/19/xenoblade-chronicles-x-shares-look-various-creatures-mira/

Siliconera have translated the information from the Japanese website earlier today about the creatures including their English name and a brief description about them.

They also talk about the “Overeds” which is what todays video was about.

Translated Tweets from game director Kojima.

Kojima is talking about the BLADE home area again. He realized that they haven't really talked about it much so far. It'll be the player's home base both online and offline, and is a location the player will be visiting very frequently in the game, so they've prepared various customization options, like the ones they mentioned in the previous tweets.

Xenoblade Chronicles X will have an original soundtrack released in Japan

Xenoblade Chronicles X's soundtrack will release on the 20th May. It's being published by DefSTAR RECORDS and feature music by Hiroyuki Sawano, the games composer. It will cost 4,298 Yen and span 5 CDs.

Source: http://vgmdb.net/album/51792

When converted it's approximately €33 or £24. If that released here I'd buy it in a heartbeat. It's on 5 CDs so there has to be a tonne of music.

Xenoblade Chronicles X - details on battle, OC Gear and Twilluminous Forest

Turning the Tides of battle

How do you gain the upper hand in battle?

Things like the order and timing of your arts usage, and your relative position can have a huge impact on the flow of a battle. Your fights will go far smoother if you make use of the techniques described below.

Combo Attacks

There are arts with descriptions like “Increases damage if used following a Melee Art” or “Increases damage if used following a Ranged Art,” which make it possible to achieve greater effects than normal through combinations. Link arts together skillfully, and you’ll increase the damage you do to enemies.

Toppling

Certain arts inflict the “Break” status effect on enemies. If you use an art with the “Topple” effect while they’re suffering from “Break,” you can prevent them from moving for a short time. Your attacks will never miss, and all damage is increased by 1.5 times while they are suffering from Topple, so you should strive to make use of it. There are also arts that inflict more damage while an enemy is Toppled. *If you don’t Break them first, enemies will not Topple.

Attack from Blind Spots

Attacking an enemy from behind, or from above or below, increases your accuracy and critical hit rates. There are arts that have special effects when used from the side or back too, so it’s important to position yourself well while fighting.

Breaking Parts

You’re able to change your target between the different parts of an enemy. If you destroy a part, the enemy will be unable to use it to attack, so it’s advantageous to destroy them quickly. You also receive extra rewards after battle for destroying them.

OC Gear

Turn the Tables with a Single Move

After progressing through the story to a certain point, you gain the ability to use the “OverClock Gear,” a powerful technique that drains 3000 TP to give you massively improved battle capabilities for a short time. While invoked, your arts’ Recast time(the time it takes for them to become usable again) are drastically reduced, allowing you to dish them out one after the other. Unique to the OC Gear are “Triple Recasts,” which allow your arts to charge up for a third time. If you’re having trouble against a boss or Overed, you can prepare for them by gathering the 3000TP beforehand, as the TP you’ve accumulated carries over between fights.

Gear Counter: Changes color depending on the arts used.

Gear Time: A meter that slowly decreases. The OC Gear ends when it empties.

OC Gear Usage Details

Count Effects: Following arts with other arts of the same color will increase the number of hits on the “Gear Counter.” You’ll get effects like “Gear Time Extension,” “Extra Damage,” and “Gain TP While Attacking” depending on your Count number.

Color Combo: If you change the “Gear Counter” color in a certain order(e.g. yellow→green), you’ll get effects like “Double Count Number,” “Increase Part Damage,” “Recover HP,” and “EXP Bonus.”

Party Chain: If your allies gather 3000 TP while your Gear is invoked, they can activate their own OC Gear. You’ll get special effects for having multiple people use it simultaneously.

Re-Invoke: If you accumulate another 3000 TP while using your Gear, you can re-invoke it to extend your Gear Time.

Round Eleven “Huuuge 101: Twilluminous Forest”

Next be “Twilluminous Forest”

Each continent always have Unexplored Regions and Superb Views. Since they be in unexpected places, try checking suspicious spots!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1C6LVjUy4ZJ7d17TWK2kwsDxawQTnFWnEV8ApkwWP8tI/pub#id.8jc3uj8fr06s

Xenoblade Chronicles X will have an original soundtrack released in Japan

Xenoblade Chronicles X's soundtrack will release on the 20th May. It's being published by DefSTAR RECORDS and feature music by Hiroyuki Sawano, the games composer. It will cost 4,298 Yen and span 5 CDs.

Source: http://vgmdb.net/album/51792

When converted it's approximately €33 or £24. If that released here I'd buy it in a heartbeat. It's on 5 CDs so there has to be a tonne of music.

£24's a bit much and I haven't heard much of the music for this yet - however it's saying something I'm almost more tempted by that at that price than I am for Splatoon :p

I can't wait for this game right now. Even though I haven't really been following all the news you post(don't wanna spoil myself too much, plus there's just such a wealth of it) this thread and the orignal XC thread is just making me remember how fondly I hold the original game - just wanna get this and hope it does justice!!

Details of the Xenoblade Chronicles X soundtrack have changed slightly. It's now on 4 CD's instead of 5. The price has reduced from 4,298 Yen to 3,980 Yen. The track listing is as follows:

DISC 1

1. CODENAMEZ

2. THEMEX

3. NO.EX01

4. D91M

5. KAKU-WEST*→▲★★KAI

6. LP

7. G-LOW-S→F.S.K.O

8. UN↑口and巨DIE

9. MONOX

10. CR17S19S8

11. RE:ARR.X

12. Your Voice

13. Wir fliegen

14. So nah, so fern

15. NEMOUSU秘OUS

DISC 2

1. Black tar

2. z5m20i12r04a28

3. z10b2r0i1e2f0i9n1g3

4. Uncontrollable

5. z15f20i12e09l14d

6. z39b20co13mi01cal09

7. By my side

8. z?2f0i1e2l0d914

9. z37b20a13t01t08le

10. z30huri2ba0tt12le1110

11. z12e201v2e091n4t

12. z29ba2t0t1l301e17

13. z16b2gu012ro09u1su4

14. z13e20v12e09n14t

15. z7b2012lp0427arr

16. In the forest

17. z23s20a12m0a9-1r4u

18. The way

DISC 3

1. The key we've lost

2. N周L辺A

3. N木ig木ht木L

4. N市L街A

5. 亡KEI却KOKU心

6. Melancholia

7. fiKAIeldJOU

8. aBOreSSs

9. MNN+@0・

10. In the forest<X→Z ver.>

11. 46-:ri9

12. 96-:rip

13. raTEoREkiSImeAra

14. Don't worry

DISC 4

1. PianoX1

2. PianoX2

3. PianoX3

4. X-BT1

5. X-BT2

6. X-BT3

7. X-BT4

8. In the forest (no vocal effects ver.)

http://www.sh-nzk.net/artist/sawanohiroyukinzk/discography/DFCL-2135

This is a massive 22.7GB download

CB5vwZoUkAAQFcj.jpg

We already knew that.

Tonnes of information. Here's what's included in the Japanese Wii U bundle.

xenoblade-chronicles-x-bundle.png

• a copy of the game
  • 32GB Wii U console
  • black GamePad
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X art book
  • special map
  • a specially-designed 1,000 yen pre-paid card

It'll cost 35,000 Yen and it'll support the preloading function.

It's 22.7GB in size.

Online info - up to 32 players can passively exchange info/items, 4-player quests.

Pro Controller and USB keyboard supported, runs at 720p.

Off-TV play and Miiverse integrated too.

I'm going to tell you something we didn't know though and it's disappointing. Give me a minute.

[TWEET]585028003870048256[/TWEET]

Xenoblade Chronicles X features paid DLC in Japan at least. It better be included for free when the game arrives in the West.

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

We already knew that.

I'm going to tell you something we didn't know though and it's disappointing. Give me a minute.

[TWEET]585028003870048256[/TWEET]

Xenoblade Chronicles X features paid DLC.

My bad. Thought it was familiar.

Xenoblade Chronicles X features paid DLC in Japan at least. It better be included for free when the game arrives in the West.

Why had it 'better be included for free'? What planet are you on? If they've got extra content which is worthy of releasing as paid DLC, then why is that a bad thing?

Xenoblade Chronicles had about 80 hours of gameplay in it. If you picked it up for £40, then that's 50p per hour, pretty good going. What's more, if you did side quests and explored there was 100 hours plus.

Are you seriously going on another silly rant about how you're being ripped off? Because if you are, complaining about a series that gives you 80+ hours worth of gaming pleasure in one single title is not the series to start complaining about.

Anyway, I look forward to your tantrum over this and proclamations of how you're now not going to buy the game!

Why had it 'better be included for free'? What planet are you on? If they've got extra content which is worthy of releasing as paid DLC, then why is that a bad thing?

Xenoblade Chronicles had about 80 hours of gameplay in it. If you picked it up for £40, then that's 50p per hour, pretty good going. What's more, if you did side quests and explored there was 100 hours plus.

Are you seriously going on another silly rant about how you're being ripped off? Because if you are, complaining about a series that gives you 80+ hours worth of gaming pleasure in one single title is not the series to start complaining about.

Anyway, I look forward to your tantrum over this and proclamations of how you're now not going to buy the game!

I'm sure it hasn't escaped other peoples attention that whenever you quote me it's always followed by a silly tantrum filled childish rant. How ironic.

I will be buying this game day one regardless. We don't know what their plans are for the West. If, however, the DLC is complete but deliberately held back for purchase at a later date then that is valid grounds for a complaint. Please don't bother responding as I'm not interested.

Latest translated Tweet from Kojima.

Kojima's saying it's difficult to find things to tweet about, especially with the Doll/Network video on the 10th. As a teaser, he explains a bit about the "Fashion Equipment" option in the menu, that allows you to change the outward appearance of your gear while their keeping stats, that unlocks after the "ending." And to the people who might spend forever on their character, it's probably not set in stone once you start the game.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=159018418&postcount=1976

Don't forget the Nintendo Direct this Friday at 2p.m. It'll focus on Dolls.

Xenoblade Chronicles X - another round of details on Arts and more

Arts

– Win battles with a combination of Auto Attacks and Arts

– Choose between the 8 arts you set beforehand

– Deciding ‘which arts to use in what order’ will greatly influence the outcome of the battle

– Learn Arts as you rank up your classes

– Can strengthen your favorite Arts as well

Recast

– After using an Art, need to wait for its “Recast Time” before using it again

– Recast length differs between arts

– Shorten the time by strengthening the Arts

– Arts will continue to charge up for a second time after recasting, called a “Double Recast”

– Double Recast greatly increases their effectiveness

– It is possible for arts to charge up to a “Triple Recast,” but only during the “OC Gear”

Drifter Initial Arts

– Assault Hammer: Strikes the foe with the gunstock to inflict Physical dmg, and causes “Topple.” (A. Rifle – Rank 1)

– Fire Grenade: Fires a grenade at the enemy to inflict Heat dmg, and causes “Blaze.” Does increased damage against enemies suffering from “Topple.” (A. Rifle – Rank 1)

– Chrome Armor: Reduces Physical dmg a single ally takes. (Knife – Rank 2)

Assault Initial Arts

– Rising Blade: Slashes the enemy three consecutive times to inflict Weapon-element dmg. Does increased damage when the enemy is targeting you. (Longsword – Rank 1)

– Protection Mode, (Tension Art): Consumes 1000 TP to activate an aura granting the “Received Damage Down,” “Recover HP Over Time,” and “Melee Attack Power Down” effects. (Longsword – Rank 2)

– Powered Dive: Grants user “Bullet Charge”(doubles the damage your next attack does). Evades all enemy attacks during use. (A. Rifle – Rank 3)

Command Initial Arts

– Back Slash: A jumping slash that inflicts Weapon-element dmg. Does increased damage when hitting the enemy from the Back. (Dual Swords – Rank 1)

– Early Count (Tension Art): Consumes 1000 TP to activate an aura granting “[something about boosting Crit bonuses even more],” “Critical Rate Up,” and “Evasion Up” effects. (Dual Guns – Rank 1)

– Stream Edge (Tension Art): A flurry of five whirling attacks that inflict Weapon-element dmg. Does increased damage when following a Ranged Art. Consumes 1000 TP. (Dual Swords – Rank 2)

Forcer Initial Arts

– Beam Blast: Fires a wide laser that inflicts Weapon-element dmg. Does increased damage while under the effects of an aura. (Raygun – Rank 1)

– Maintenance: Purges debuffs and restores HP for a single ally. (Knife – Rank 1)

– Splash Blast: Fires a laser that inflicts Weapon-element dmg, and causes “Black – Sight”(Lowers Acc and Evasion rates, reduces damage done by Ranged attacks). (Raygun – Rank 5)

Soul

– You and your allies will “call out” to each other while battling

– There are two types of vocal interactions

– These grant effects such as “Recover HP” and “Increased Damage to Enemies”

Soul Voice

– When your allies shout out things like “It’s unprepared! Break it with a Melee Art!” or “It’s in the bag! Cover fire, please!”, the corresponding arts on your palette will be highlighted

– Use a highlighted art and you/your ally that shouted to you restore some HP, the art gains extra effects, and your kizuna with the ally increases

Soul Challenge

– Meet certain conditions and an orange circle will appear in the middle of the screen

– Conditions include “Begin battle with a Melee weapon equipped” or “When your HP drops below 30%,”

– Successfully press the “B” button as the orange circle enters the blue circle (before it vanishes) too get effects such as “Restore HP to All Members” and “Soul Stage Up 1 Level”

– If you Huge Success you’ll get a “Perfect,” and can receive bonus TP

Activation Effects

– Customize which effect is associated with successful Soul Challenges

– Ex: you can choose between three different effects for the “Begin battle with a Melee weapon equipped” condition: “Dmg+100%,” “Adds Break,” or “Recover 200 TP per Hit.”

Soul Stage

– The Stage rises by one level upon successful completion of a Soul Challenge

– Effects like “Soul Voice Activation Rate Up” and “Increased Bonus TP for Huge Success” are granted.

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=250775

https://docs.google.com/document/u/0/d/1C6LVjUy4ZJ7d17TWK2kwsDxawQTnFWnEV8ApkwWP8tI/pub#

The Dolls/Network specific Xenoblade Chronicles X Direct starts in half an hour.

A preview of some of the forthcoming tracks from Xenoblade Chronicles X Original Soundtrack.

Todays presentation in full and details translated from it below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ39fImCKz8

– Congrats on passing your Doll certification exam. You’re now a pilot. You’re responsible to support NLA and explore Planet Mira.

– Doll types. Doug knows a lot about Dolls. Light, Middle, Heavy types. Light type: HP is low, evasion is high. Middle: balanced.

– Heavy type: HP is high, agility is low. Which to choose is up to you. They’re not just to look at. Let’s see them in action.

– Dolls can all transform into wheeled vehicles: motorcycles, cars, treaded vehicles. Transform into flying machines as well.

– Dolls can be customized to your liking by buying parts, though it can be expensive. Dolls also use weapons and arts in battle.

– Hand weapons are used in auto-attacks. Arm weapons include beam shields and vulcans. Spare Weapons incl. beam sabres, granades.

– Back weapons can be pulled out for high-powered attacks. Shoulder weapons are even more powerful still. Some aren’t in shops.

– It makes you want to customize the strongest possible Doll, no? Customize the color and name. Dolls require fuel, even w/ arts.

– If you run out of Doll fuel, you won’t be able to use arts, and will fall from the sky if flying. Fuel recovered slowly.

– Additional fuel can be bought in NLA. Manage it carefully. Catch enemies with your Doll to prevent them from moving, do combos.

– Cockpit mode can be used to manage the timing of arts execution. Overclock gears carry various effects, suspend fuel usage.

– Doll insurance. If an arm is broken off, it’ll become unusable. It can even be totally destroyed. Insurance restores up to 3x.

– Think about dismounting from your Doll when it’s low on HP in order to prevent its destruction. HP recovers while dismounted.

– Doll defense. Mixed parties of humans and Dolls provide boosted defense for the human characters so they can also fight.

– Aliens are invading NLA. The city must not be lost. Protect it! Others will help you on Mira. Meet other Blade members online.

– Cooperate and gain experience together. Form squads of 32 members to share free text Blade reports and explore efficiently.

– Approve of helpful Blade reports and popular posts will be shared across the game with everyone. Treasure Deals allow swaps.

– Squad Missions allow everyone to cooperate in defeating prescribed numbers of various enemies. Squad Quests are for 4 players.

– The degree of world exploration is tracked. World Enemies are large bosses to be fought together. There are 8 Unions to join.

– Ranking boards. You’re not alone on your quest. Connect with others on your quest. Everyone and everything on Mira is connected.

Xenoblade Chronicles X lets you install different files to improve load times with the disc version

The Japanese Xenoblade Chronicles X website was updated today with information regarding file installation. Players can obtain four downloads from the eShop that will ultimately reduce load times in the game when using the disc version.

There are four files to download in total. Here’s a breakdown of each:

• Field/Basic Data Pack (Large effect): 2GB, just basic data
  • Enemy Data Pack (mid): 2.7GB, loading improved on the field
  • Player Data Pack (mid): 3.6GB, loading times improved while changing equipment
  • Doll Data Pack (mid): 1.7GB, shortens time for Dolls deployement

Note that the basic data pack can be combined with the others, but you need to have that one first.

http://nintendoeverything.com/xenoblade-chronicles-x-lets-you-install-different-files-to-improve-load-times/

The full eShop download of this game is larger than all of the Wii U's 32 GB's of internal memory.

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

The full eShop download of this game is larger than all of the Wii U's 32 GB's of internal memory.

What a bunch of jokers!!

Having said that, I'll probs download all those bits for it, don't use my internal storage for much so why not.

This makes it sound like you can only play online once you have permission/access to the dolls.

That is a bit weird, I am not sure if I will be able to convince my mates to play online if they have a signficant chunk of the single player to get through before they can start.

From NintendoLife...

Last, but certainly not least, the presentation covered online functionality. Xenoblade Chronicles X comes with a bevvy of surprising online features that actually caught us a little off guard; they'd only been alluded to briefly in the past. First up is the ability to import your friends' characters into your game and use them in your party.

Second, what looks like a type of guild system (Note: our translation suffered here due to a substantial amount of game jargon) is also present, made up of 32 people. In this group, you can share information on the planet Mira, such as what monster is weak to what type of weapon and where to find certain items. Furthermore, Treasure Deal is a new mechanic that allows you to send and receive gear with friends. Need a new gun? You can request it and have it sent to you when your friend finds one.

Furthermore, it looks like there's some leaderboard functionality between friends within Xenoblade Chronicle X's eight in-game Unions. Also, it seems players can invite each other into their games - in groups of four - and take on massive World bosses together. Again, we translated here to the best of our abilities - hopefully the developers reveal more clear information soon.

Some nice online features. I especially like being able to import a friends character to your game.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!