N-Europe

Derek (TV series)

Sheikah

Watched the making of documentary last night on 4od. It's only available for another day, but it's well worth a watch. Not just an opportunity to poke fun at Karl (although that does happen) but also a genuine look at what the series is about. Apologies if I'm wrong about this but it sounds like several people are judging this without having seen the pilot or anything else, simply because its by Gervais. Its not at all like his other stuff.

Ha, watched the 'making of' yesterday. Love Karl's insight into why it's so good (because he gets fed during the filming). Looking forward to this now.

Well that was shit.

There were a few moments which earned a chuckle, but none of them featured Gervais. The character was simply terrible. Derek would be better without Derek.

It's not supposed to be funny. At least, that's not its primary aim.

Tweet from Ricky Gervais about what you're talking about. And he wrote it, so I suspect he probably has the casting vote in this one ;)

Shouldn't be showing that Tweet to me, should be showing it to all the TV guides/websites which are toting it as such. But I wouldn't call it a heartwarming drama. I would call it a documentary in old person's home which looks like it's about to have some entertainment value until Gervais waddles in and mumbles some bullshit to spoil the mood.

Long name I know.