NEurope
ReZourceman

Entourage (TV Show)

Why in the hecks sake was I not recommended this sooner?!

I am towards the end of season 4 as we speak. Absolutely loving it. At just over 20 minutes an episode, its really easy to watch. Its just...fricking brilliant. Funny characters, cool concept, interesting to see stuff in the industry, great setting...awesome cameos. Funny as hell...quite often. Really good drama. Surprisingly thrilling cliff hangers.

I love it.

I LOVE IT.

And Ari Gold.

And Ari's wife.

Ugh.

Awesome.

entourage-entourage-124106_1024_768.jpeg

Entourage is fucking amazing. You have done well to discover it.

Johnny Drama, man. JOHNNY FUCKIN' DRAMA.

It's awful, let's not kid ourselves. But entertaining enough.

They spend 6 seasons in a state of arrested development and then spend the final season actually growing somewhat (other than Vince who grows in the last 2 episodes suddenly).

You've about reached the point where the show begins its very steep decline in quality. :heh:

The final season of Entourage would easily make my list of The Ten Worst Final Season of All Time. The final episode, man... well, you'll see when you get there.

But yeah, the early seasons were pretty enjoyable!

They spend 6 seasons in a state of arrested development and then spend the final season actually growing somewhat (other than Vince who grows in the last 2 episodes suddenly).

Lies. It's absolute quality. Absolutely hilarious.

Johnny Drama and Ari Gold are brilliant.

Definitely the kind of show you can easily watch 7 or 8 episodes in a single sitting.

Lies. It's absolute quality. Absolutely hilarious.

Johnny Drama and Ari Gold are brilliant.

Definitely the kind of show you can easily watch 7 or 8 episodes in a single sitting.

Oh come on, it was an excuse for Mark Wahlberg to have a two-fisted jerk off. "Oh look, my life is fucking amazing. Who wouldn't want to be me?"

The main characters are; a lazy pretty boy, four coat-tail riders who are pretty indistinguishable and treat women like shit and a racist, homophobic loud mouth (Piven gives a good turn, but the character is an awful human being).

They're all assholes, and they're supposed to be, but the dialogue is for the most part awful. It's a mixture of gross-out humour, cursing and bro speak.

Anyway, as I said it can be awful and enjoyable, but let's not pretend its great :heh:

I think Charlie loves Entourage because he wishes he had that life.

Kind of like you and Cougar Town. ;)

Aren't pretty much all the characters based quite heavily on real people? Ari is for sure and Piven apparently plays a very close facsimile.

I think the characters have enough heart to make the assholery tolerable. Sure, they do some stupid crap but at the core they do care about each other. Ari, for example and despite his flaws, gives a massive shit about his family which is shown several times throughout the series. He just... handles things a little unconventionally.

Drama is also particularly strong in the later seasons. Dude gives a serious crap about his friends and brother.

Edited by Guy

Aren't pretty much all the characters based quite heavily on real people? Ari is for sure and Piven apparently plays a very close facsimile.

I think the characters have enough heart to make the assholery tolerable. Sure, they do some stupid crap but at the core they do care about each other. Ari, for example and despite his flaws, gives a massive shit about his family which is shown several times throughout the series. He just... handles things a little unconventionally.

Drama is also particularly strong in the later seasons. Dude gives a serious crap about his friends and brother.

Apparently they're based on Marky Mark and his friends.

Oh yeah, Ari who frequently ignores his children and wife and then tries to buy his way back into their love. And Vince, who has a strop about not getting a part and fires Eric, the only person who (most of the time) has his best interest at heart, even if it conflicts with his own personal views.

Oh come on, it was an excuse for Mark Wahlberg to have a two-fisted jerk off. "Oh look, my life is fucking amazing. Who wouldn't want to be me?"

The main characters are; a lazy pretty boy, four coat-tail riders who are pretty indistinguishable and treat women like shit and a racist, homophobic loud mouth (Piven gives a good turn, but the character is an awful human being).

They're all assholes, and they're supposed to be, but the dialogue is for the most part awful. It's a mixture of gross-out humour, cursing and bro speak.

Anyway, as I said it can be awful and enjoyable, but let's not pretend its great :heh:

Apparently they're based on Marky Mark and his friends.

Oh yeah, Ari who frequently ignores his children and wife and then tries to buy his way back into their love. And Vince, who has a strop about not getting a part and fires Eric, the only person who (most of the time) has his best interest at heart, even if it conflicts with his own personal views.

Ashley, you not liking the programme seems to be because you don't actually like the characters as people and not because they aren't good characters?

I think Ari can't help himself and is a flawed guy. Yeah, he's homophobic and racist, but so are lots of real people. I think the whole thing is played up for comedy and for the most part, as terrible as this may make me, I find it funny.

I don't want to spoil the series for anyone still watching it, but Ari eventually has to make some pretty strong choices to save the things he really cares about. I think all the characters do.

I never minded Ari. He was flawed, but he always tried to do the right thing in the end.

Now Mrs Ari, on the other hand... :indeed:

Ashley, you not liking the programme seems to be because you don't actually like the characters as people and not because they aren't good characters?

The show is fine, I was just arguing (but probably not making it clear) that it isn't quality television (in the academic sense at least). Liking it is fine, but let's not kid ourselves about it's quality. It's trashy and it knows it, and it does trashy well.

If that makes any sense. I don't know. I'm tired. It's Monday.

The fact the characters are all dislikeable dicks isn't relevant to my liking of the show.

So true. I love Entourage, mostly because it's so cool and such a breeze to watch, but it's a terrible show.

Guilty pleasure #1 when it comes to TV shows, no doubt.

The thing to consider is... do we really need an Entourage movie? I think Entourage pretty much said everything it needed to say during the various seasons of the show. Everything was wrapped up and at least concluded, quality aside. I hope the film is great, but I honestly don't think it will be.

I approve of the decision to make an Entourage movie, because I think it has the potential to be gloriously awful.

The thing to consider is... do we really need an Entourage movie? I think Entourage pretty much said everything it needed to say during the various seasons of the show. Everything was wrapped up and at least concluded, quality aside. I hope the film is great, but I honestly don't think it will be.

Did we really need a Sex and the City movie?

Did we really need Sex and the City?

Did we really need a Sex and the City movie?

Did we really need Sex and the City?

Yeah, we didn't need that either. I think the series is okay though, enough people seem to enjoy it.

I've been meaning to start watching this for ages but never have gotten round to it.

SHOULD I DO EEET?