N-Europe

Kindles

Ashley

I'm considering getting a Kindle. As I have a £35 Waterstones voucher I think I'll use it for that and go for the basic one. Is there really any benefits to the Paperwhite, or is it just better display and 'overall better'.

I'm not interested by the Paperwhite version at the moment, but it could be because I don't know about it's benefits?

To be frank, I just want to read.

I'm considering getting a Kindle. As I have a £35 Waterstones voucher I think I'll use it for that and go for the basic one. Is there really any benefits to the Paperwhite, or is it just better display and 'overall better'.

I'm not interested by the Paperwhite version at the moment, but it could be because I don't know about it's benefits?

To be frank, I just want to read.

I think the standard one is good enough, especially for the price. You'll like it.

• 2 weeks later...

I've never left a single mark on the touch screen. It's not glossy like a phone, it just doesn't show fingerprints. However looking up what you say about the paperwhite, that definitely sounds annoying. Looks like you can turn the light right down to a low settings but it's still emitting at least a little light.

Well my plans to buy a Kindle with the money from the Waterstones gift card I got from leaving work have been scuttled a bit, as they got me a National Book Token, which can only be used on books. Snatch.

May still get one in the future though.