N-Europe

Is it worth getting an original 3DS in a post XL world?

flameboy

Do you have large hands? Get the XL. The original is an absolute cr(a)mptastic experience. You sacrifice SOME portability but you'll be able to play it for longer and you'll want to, thanks to the larger screen providing a way more immersive 3D experience.

The odds are that stores will be able to let you hold/play both consoles if you ask them. Most stores have plenty of pre-owned units that they can get out and if you demonstrate even the slightest prospect of spilling blood (money) in the water (store) the sharks (employees) will swarm to kill (serve and satisfy) you.

[edit]

I see you already decided on the smaller model. It's still a very fine piece of kit - enjoy!

Edited by Guy

• 1 month later...

Ok...so I'm finally taking the plunge. After months of deliberating... It just goes to prove it does pay to hold out and wait for these things...A store round here is doing red 3DS + Super Mario 3D Land preloaded on the machine for $139.99! Bargain! Going to pick up that and an eshop voucher to keep me going for now.

XL? That's bloody mental! Even if it's not XL, that's still mental! Even at Canadian dollars! (you are in canada, right?)

No not xl...That retails for $199.99 here. They were doing an Xmas offer for 199.99 with Mario kart installed but can't find that in-store anymore plus I'd rather spend that extra on a copy of OoT and some eshop games.

EDIT yes Canadian dollars works out at 88 in English money. But worth baring in mind I also have to pay 14% tax on top of that.

Edited by flameboy