NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hogge

Alternative to "adult" games?

How about "intelligent mature gaming"?

Not very creative or catchy, but I think adding the word "intelligent" to the phrase negates the sexual connotations of the word "mature".

Edited by pratty

Unfortunately it seems that almost every adult synonym has connotation of either XXX/Nuts-esque or of being pretentious.

That's because all adults are either dirty perverts or pretentious arseholes.

3rpp29.jpg

Having said that, accusations of pretentiousness are often just the result of this anti-intellectual fashion in society. It's a little embarrassing.

Edited by Daft

I think it's possible to be intelligent without being pretentious. But i agree about the anti-intelligent brigade these days.

I don't have any ideas, but I just want to throw out there that when I was 10 years old, I was playing C&C Red Alert, Tekken, Quake, Worms, Tomb Raider, Super Mario 64 and Resident Evil. What's with this new found distinction of Kids/Grown-ups games?

aCytH.png

Having said that, accusations of pretentiousness are often just the result of this anti-intellectual fashion in society. It's a little embarrassing.

I think it's that there's a fine line between being intellectual and being elitist.

I mean, some people just don't think grown men should watch CBeebies.

I don't associate pretentiousness with intelligence, I associate it with people obsessed with ranking everything, including people, and always putting themselves at the top.

Sign in to follow this