NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
flameboy

Hotline Miami

I turns out this game has a fair share of extra stuff as well. All extra weapons unlocked, and collected all the masks from the levels as well. Then I found out there's also a secret ending, as every level has a letter (small purple square) hidden in it. Now that's replay value, got 6 already...

Mask of choice? Silent gunfire.

By the sounds of it you use guns a hell of a lot. I never did I was either throwing them or using doors/melee.

The alternate ending is just flat out weird.

The alternate ending is just flat out weird.

That's great to hear :p

Finished the game today. Had a real blast.

Now onto the secret stuff.

That's great to hear :p

Finished the game today. Had a real blast.

Now onto the secret stuff.

Its hard to explain it adds more context whilst also making no sense lol.

Its hard to explain it adds more context whilst also making no sense lol.

lol yeah the whole game is surreal as far as its story goes.

lol yeah the whole game is surreal as far as its story goes.

very true....

QUESTIONS

I just mean usually an extended ending would flesh out proceedings but this does and doesn't lol

I just had to resurrect this thread because I've started playing this game on my mac...

And oh my. What a game. Currently on Chapter 5 and I'm in love with. Love the gameplay (I'm a knife person myself) and loving the music!!! How many chapters are there altogether? Tempted to pace myself so it lasts longer but I'm hooked :heh:

I think there are 10 chapters? Just going from memory though

Well I've just got to Chapter 14 which seems to be the final one. Loved it so far though :)

As for masks, I pretty much always go for the one that lets you start with the Knife :awesome:

I also had to post into this thread, GREAT GAME! Everyone should try it at least once,

...and the sound track

O

M

G

:grin::grin:

Just bought it for Vita/PS3.

Playing this with decent headphones...so good.

The sequel can't come soon enough :bowdown:

Bump!

Started this yesterday as @Fierce_LiNk bought it recently. Thought I would give it a try as it seemed quite funky from videos we had seen.

I have to say that the controls (well the aiming mostly) are hard to get used to on the PS4. I am slowly getting the hang of it (am on chapter 6 now I think), but the aiming still throws me off. Using the right stick just doesn't work very well, so I usually end up having to use the touchpad, which obviously isn't great for quick targeting heh. :P

Apart from that, I am enjoying the game! It can be frustrating when you have to replay a level for the 12th time or something, then you think you've done it and you die on the last guy. :(

But the quick restart makes it so you'll just have another go. And another. And maybe another again.

I don't like using the guns much, my weapon of choice right now is the samurai sword haha. Or throwing weapons at people. Or luring them out of a room by quickly going in and out of the room, then just beat them/slash them when they come looking for you.

It's a good thing that this game has a pixelated art style, otherwise I would feel bad for all the blood and body parts everywhere. :P

Bump!

Started this yesterday as @Fierce_LiNk bought it recently. Thought I would give it a try as it seemed quite funky from videos we had seen.

I have to say that the controls (well the aiming mostly) are hard to get used to on the PS4. I am slowly getting the hang of it (am on chapter 6 now I think), but the aiming still throws me off. Using the right stick just doesn't work very well, so I usually end up having to use the touchpad, which obviously isn't great for quick targeting heh. :P

Apart from that, I am enjoying the game! It can be frustrating when you have to replay a level for the 12th time or something, then you think you've done it and you die on the last guy. :(

But the quick restart makes it so you'll just have another go. And another. And maybe another again.

I don't like using the guns much, my weapon of choice right now is the samurai sword haha. Or throwing weapons at people. Or luring them out of a room by quickly going in and out of the room, then just beat them/slash them when they come looking for you.

It's a good thing that this game has a pixelated art style, otherwise I would feel bad for all the blood and body parts everywhere. :P

Glad to see you're enjoying it!

Dat music....:heart:

Finished it!

I think I spent at least an hour or more on chapter 10 or something, just could not do it! D:

But I kept trying and eventually I got it, whoo! Just kept going and finished all the chapters (including the extra ones). Didn't get all the masks or weapons (or the puzzle pieces, didn't know about that until late into the game); not sure if I'll go back to find them though, we'll see.

Really enjoyed the game and it's one that keeps you hooked and makes you try again and again. I had no clue what the story was about but I guess that doesn't really matter much anyway. :P

The 2nd game is more of the same, but there's a heavier reliance on the guns which was disappointing for me!

The 2nd game is more of the same, but there's a heavier reliance on the guns which was disappointing for me!

Yeah I have to be honest this is what stopped me from playing. Whilst the first game seemed to progressively get harder in a more organic situational way the second games solution is just more guns and open spaces. I will go back to it one day.

Sign in to follow this