NEurope
ReZourceman

Revolution (TV Show)

Started last night in America. Will definitely be cancelled. What did you think?

Only because you posted about it...haven't you learned the pattern yet ReZ:shakehead

I haven't seen it yet but had planned to check it out...might try watch it later today or tomorrow

Only because you posted about it...haven't you learned the pattern yet ReZ:shakehead

This was exactly my thought the moment I saw this thread.

Remember Alcatraz, ReZ?

Remember... The Killing? You killed it, ReZ. It's all on you.

Though this is apparently on NBC, so if more than five people watch it, it may very well run for ten seasons!

I had to google Revolution to remember that it's that show where there's no electricity anymore. I'm shamefully unaware of the new shows starting this season, but I've learned that it's better to wait a while to see what's good and unlikely to get canceled before you start watching.

Just got round to watchingthe 1st episode,enjoyed it, looking forward to seeing how it moves forward...and hopefully if it doesn't get picked up for a 2nd season the writers get enough notice to not leave this season end on a cliff hanger :heh:

Also did anyone else get a very RPG type feel from the characters,haha

You had the main character who just lost her family and is trying to figure out where she fits into the world (and find her brother)

Then you have the healer/medic

Then the guy with the AC/DC shirt who will prolly be the brainy character but also the annoying character who doesn't really know how to fight/kill

Then for a while there was an archer....who was also the betrayer/double agent...or maybe in a later episode, bad guy who becomes good guy.

And then at the end the Uncle was like gifted swordsman and former solider...you know that character who joins the party early on who is of a higher level than your party but whose equipment you can't change. He then leaves the party and rejoins properly later in the game.

It takes place fifteen years after all electricity suddenly stops working.

With sexy results.

Can anyone (should really be the in the op) give me a short, non-spoiler, blurb?

Yeah...what Magnus said.

Episode 1 was so unbelievably average I nearly vomited. Miles was the best thing about it. I don't think I've ever seen anything so ham-fisted. Ugh. Horrible. It was meh.

Definitely going to give it a few more episodes though.

If it ramps up the mystery I will be out. The ending was too mysterious and stupid, when really....no one cares. Ugh. God so ham-fisty.

I have watched the first three episodes. It's okay.

Are there any other shows like this(Event/Flashforward/Revolution type) that have started?

Falling Skies? It doesn't actually seem that good, but then that doesn't seem to be one of your requirements. :p

Or if you mean you want something with a central mystery, you could check out Once Upon a Time. It's pretty boring, but the writers think they're creating the new Lost, so...

Or if you mean you want something with a central mystery, you could check out Once Upon a Time. It's pretty boring, but the writers think they're creating the new Lost, so...

Once Upon A Time had an interesting premise, but just turned into some whiny relationship drama soap.

True. It's like they wanted to create a TV version of Fables, but couldn't get past the first issue and instead ended up drawing most of their inspiration from bland drama series from the early nineties.

I enjoyed the first ep, but the last two have been a bit meh for me, thought the cliff hanger at the end of ep 1 might have more pay off in ep 2 but nothing :heh: