NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Daft

Fuck Yeah Weird Animals!!

600443_10151885286260427_1502505025_n.jpg

My baby. :heart:

Chinchilla's are so weirdly squished. The whole Chinchillidae family is awesome. : peace:

The weirdest and coolest animals...

Tardigrades aka water bears or moss piglets

250px-Hypsibiusdujardini.jpg

Can withstand extreme temperatures and survive in outer space.

The weirdest and coolest animals...

Tardigrades aka water bears or moss piglets

250px-Hypsibiusdujardini.jpg

Can withstand extreme temperatures and survive in outer space.

These are the best things ever, obviously. I've had them in my forum biography for years.

That firefly video looked unreal.

---

"Tardigrades"? Creatures who can revive and are being sent into space? Surely that name is not a coincidence. :heh:

Water bears! :yay: Heard about them years ago. Guys that can shut down at will, basically. Fascinating stuff.

Fireflies are awesome. They're weird but so cool.

Indeed they are! I've only seen them in real life like once I think, when I was in New Jersey at my cousin's house. I don't know if it was where I was or the fireflies, but they're strangely mesmerising and amazing, just seeing these teeny tiny bulbs of light come and go across the air in front of you. Brilliant as the sun's going down.

Water bears! :yay: Heard about them years ago. Guys that can shut down at will, basically. Fascinating stuff.

I've never seen water bears before, but I remember something that could do similar re:shutting itself down outside of optimum conditions and re-animating when better too. Can't recall what it was now, but I either saw it on something Attenborough related or something possibly related to the golden ratio(with their stasis functions being an aside mention).

anglerfish-comin-at-ya.jpg

Hey guys! How's it goin'?

5.jpg

There's shit loads of weird fish in the deeps recesses of the Earth and ocean. They're our most likely candidate for (complex) alien life.

Sign in to follow this