NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Sony Gamescom Conference

Having a bundle of Vita with CoD is a pretty good idea, might move quite a few units.

You know what's not a good idea though? Saying the highly misleading "over wifi" regarding multiplayer and still not showing some gameplay footage.

Was hoping Sony would show something amazing that would save the Vita...

Nothing yet :/ Tearaway looks so gimmicky and the rest we've seen already

Was hoping Sony would show something amazing that would save the Vita...

Nothing yet :/ Tearaway looks so gimmicky and the rest we've seen already

I think Tearaway looks pretty nice, I just find it kind of ironic seeing as it's the sort of game Sony slated last generation.

Gimmicky may be a bit harsh too, it's a game making use of all the resources available to it.

EDIT: Uuuugh, exclusive DLC... What an awful combination.

I don't really get how it's gimmicky.

Nintendo aren't making it.

icon_trollface.png

Edited by Aimless

I don't really get how it's gimmicky.

The word 'gimmick' has been misused for quite some time now in video games. People seem to be using it for features they personally have no interest in, such as the touch screen last generation, despite the fact it offered a lot to video games.

For comparison, some actual gimmicks recently in video games: 'Touch to kill' in Assassins Creed PS Vita and the entire premise of New Super Mario Bros 2.

OH SHIT NOT WONDER BOOK

QUICK, EVERYBODY, GET IN THE FUCKING CAR.

LOL. It was always gonna appear at the conference.

Nice to see PS+ still delivering the goods.

Plus for Vita! Awesome.

'Touch to kill'

How they titled it is hilarious. Reminds me of the Red Steel pause-aim-and-kill feature when your focus bar was full (not going to lie, I did enjoy doing that repeatedly).

I enjoyed it until the end when there were these two sword fights in a row and I got so frustrated with the abysmal controls I just gave up. But whatevs, I pretty much completed it.

EDIT: I honestly don't know why but I think that Wonderbook stuff is pretty cool. I really cannot explain why. I'm sure it's the idea of it more than the actual thing. Also, motherfucking dinosaurs. Seriously, it's awful but...I dunno, there's something that's kind of cool about it. Hate.

Edited by Daft

FIFA looks like ass.

Edit: They should make a Cabin in the Woods game.

Edited by Daft

Barking at the screen to rid yourself of enemies = a gimmick :p

A hilarious gimmick though!

Though that's not to say that all yelling/blowing mechanics are a gimmick (Yoshi's Touch N' Go is a great example of an excellent use of it!)

I actually think it looks quite fun. I'm not prepared to write its control mechanics off as gimmicks yet; I'm willing to give MM the benefit of the doubt for now (though I thought that they might've made a full game out of the rear touch controls in Little Deviants and look how that ended up...). They've at least got their hearts in the right place with this game (the gameplay is clearly the first thing they focused on, with the art/Brit humour being secondary)

Puppeteer looks surprisingly good. I was expecting it to be utter trash.

I still won't be buying it.

EDIT: I honestly don't know why but I think that Wonderbook stuff is pretty cool.

It's the very first time I've looked at something and thought "that would be better with Kinect".

I'm pretty sure it wouldn't work with Kinect unless you moved the camera so it was closer to floor, but then you'd likely be too close for body tracking to work anyway.

That was a pretty great conference, really. Probably the best one I've seen in many years, as everyone's been in the habit of stuffing them up lately.

Does Cross Buy apply to bought-in shop retail games (and if so, what's stopping you selling the code?), or just downloadable ones?

And is there any indication of unofficial Vita memory cards (or a drop in price)

Does Cross Buy apply to bought-in shop retail games (and if so, what's stopping you selling the code?), or just downloadable ones?

And is there any indication of unofficial Vita memory cards (or a drop in price)

No idea. I expect we'll get clarification once there's been time for interviews, but conceivably they could restrict Vita codes to accounts that are linked to the PS3 version.

As for memory cards, take this for what it's worth: I heard from someone, who has a friend at Sony, that Sandisk have signed a manufacturing agreement.

Sign in to follow this