NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Sony Gamescom Conference

A very solid showing from Sony. I actually enjoyed watching a games conference for a change.

A solid showing for us perhaps, but I reckon that the Vita might actually be looking even deader right now than it was before.

Its Great White Knight (COD) has, as I suspected, turned out to be a pile of cheap, nihilistic (in more ways than one!) outsourced garbage that no COD addict is gonna want to touch. It'll have about as much impact as the COD games on DS; while its calvary consists of a spinoff of a middling franchise that started poorly in terms of sales and since has gone downhill from there and a new IP from Media Molecule that has the potential to be an interesting, quality game, but very little chance of storming the sales charts.

But hey! At least it's becoming the best PS3 accessory ever made, thanks to the Buy One Get Both initiative and the PS1 compatibility. That'll really expand their audience beyond the diehards! (truth be told, I'm actually quite happy about this, despite being snarky about it)

At this point, why not just release a slimline PS3, bundle the two consoles together and take on the Wii U? You'd probably make more money on Vita that way!

Edited by Dcubed

I'm still baffled why anyone thinks of CoD as the Vitas saviour ::shrug: The big draw for CoD is playing online with your mates and not the single player campaign. Seeing as the Vita's online mode is very nerfed compared to the console versions, why would any CoD fan buy this?

Sign in to follow this