N-Europe

Xpert 11 Season 23: The highlight of the Summer

Haden

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the draw will be tonight? Hmm, if/when we do the cup again next year, maybe the draw can be on the Wednesdays/Saturdays, so the day after the games. Or even on the same day. Just so it rules out the potential for people not accepting/sending out invitations, and giving those loads of time to prepare. I'm a geek at this, I spend loads of time preparing. No exaggeration.

Excited! Semi-Final, wohooo. All of the remaining teams are quite strong, so no doubt we'll have two great games. Theoretically, I've played the hardest team, so everything else should be easier...but it doesn't really work like that.

Sorry about this chaps, but the closing ceremony for the 2012 games is on at 9pm so i won't be able to do a live draw.

However, i did the semi-final draw earlier today. The footage is below for your enjoyment.

Semi 1

Dragooo vs Silverdale (Rowan)

Semi 2

Coloccini FC vs Rising Phoenix

Edited by Jimbob

Thanks Jimbob was going to do it myself later but glad the official person did it :D

Watch out for new thread guys it will be coming within the next few hours... days will be the best opening thread yet.

Xpert 11 Season 24 hours a day :p

New thread is imminent, maybe a day or two want to make it epic.

New season will start a week on Tuesday. Good luck to people still in the cup!

Next seasons Rangers are here to show the Middle League how good they are. I cannot wait :p

Plus maybe for the last season (will see how things go regarding a full time job) I am back as full time admin :p

Thanks Jimbob was going to do it myself later but glad the official person did it :D

Watch out for new thread guys it will be coming within the next few hours... days will be the best opening thread yet.

Xpert 11 Season 24 hours a day :p

I was thinking about it earlier today, was planning to do a live draw until around 4pm earlier. Then thought, how would it be possible with the closing ceremony taking place.

Pretty good idea to do a pre-recorded one. I don't indend to do a pre-recorded again, unless something mega pops up.

Let's talk of retirements, of firings, and epitaphs;

Write sorrow on the bosom of xpert

For God's sake, let us sit upon this forum

And tell sad stories of the death of managers

How some have been sacked; some slain in play,

Some haunted by the managers they have deposed;

Some poison'd by their PRs: some tricked and sacked;

All gone: for within the hollow crown

Don't let those fates occur on these new managers from our own league. PM, Xpert mail, posting and quoting in this league, please help! A manager under your guidance is a manager of the future.

http://www.xperteleven.com/team.aspx?TeamID=1065018&dh=4

http://www.xperteleven.com/team.aspx?teamid=1065476&dh=4

Xpert Quick Beginner's Guide

I just wanted to make sure the new guys know about how important it is to keep good form for your players and get high development values. Without high development values, your players will not increase in skill.

Player Development

The first thing you should look at for your players is age against skill. The average is 18-4 (to become 19-5, 20-6 etc as a baseline). If you have players below this average, they are probably not worth keeping on to train (but arguably once they get to 9/10 skill they're decent enough to keep around if it keeps your team balanced). Focus should always be on youth.

Players also have special qualities which are explained @bob 's team[/b]

bobh.png

It looks to me like your defence is in the worst shape as your only 'good' player is your 31-10. Obviously buying in players is expensive so you are going to be stuck with some players for a while but don't feel like you have to play them in games. If they aren't worth training, don't play them unless you have to.

Goalkeepers - Personally I would keep your 25-7 and get a youth keeper in to train alongside him. Try and sell the 26-7 for a little bit of econ.

Defence - I would keep the 31-10, 28-7 and 17-3 and replace the other two with youth - remembering the standard of 18-4. Either invest in the youth academy and wait (players from the youth team will already have a red heart which means your player is invested in the team and will perform better in matches), or buy some cheap players in the transfer market.

Midfield - Ignore your older players. Your 22-6, 21-6 and 19-6 (especially him) are great so you should look for one or two high skilled players to help them train up. You can get cheap high skilled players if you look for players aged 30+ but be warned, players can retire at any age past 30 (but you will be warned the season before). Alternatively you could go for more youth and have a young and fairly low-skilled midfield but after a couple of good seasons they would be developed into a great team.

Forwards - I'd keep the 30-9 and 21-6, the other two are not worth training. Get one more youth player and stick with just 3 forwards (you could even just stick with the two but obviously that would restrict you from certain formations).

@dr4hkon 's team (please also read what I wrote for Bob as I mentioned a couple of things about youth and the transfer market)

drahkon.png

Goalkeepers - Neither of them are worth keeping imo. You should aim to get a good youth (17-4 / 18-4) and a high skilled keeper (30-9 or 10) from the transfer market.

Defence - Pretty good defence here - youth especially. The two 24yr olds aren't great but the 24-6 may be worth keeping if you're going to be spending money elsewhere in your team. I'd probably keep it as is but replace the 24-5 with an 18-4 (or better if you can - 17-4 / 18-5).

Midfield - Again not much you need to do. Do away with the 26-4 and maybe the 27-7 as well. Definitely focus on your younger players to raise their skill and gradually replace anyone that's falling behind with more youth.

Forwards This is another weak area with no one really worth keeping. You can either go for all youth here and train them into a strong force, or go for a couple of young players and a high skilled one just to keep you competitive.

Sorry if this post was a bit long but I hope you both read it (do we have any other new teams?) and hopefully a few other people can expand on what I've said here (or even refute anything I've said that may be wrong).

Edited by The Peeps