NEurope
Mokong

Happy St. Patricks Day - Beannachtaí na Féile Padraig

ireland_shamrock_postcard-p239430329441646278z8iat_400.jpg

So March 17th again, the day when Ireland remembers and celebrates a Welshman (or Frenchman, nobodies really 100% sure) who was captured and sold to slavery by Irish raiders. Eventually escaped to find his freedom only to have apparently suffered from Stockholm Syndrome leading him to miss the land and people that kept him as a slave so he returned to Ireland as a priest and managed to convert the "pagan" people to Christianity (sometimes I think the country might have been better off left alone though, haha). And also somehow managed to remove all wild snakes from this little island.... I'm thankful for that I guess... me no like snakes slithering around wild :heh:

Oh and of course it is also just an extra excuse for many to drink that little bit extra and for many many people around the world to claim/try to be Irish so give them reason to drink that little bit more.... it's also Saturday this year so double bonus extra drinks :heh:

I'm hoping to get out to the local parade later, if the weather holds together.... just had some heavy rain but it stopped now. No drinking for me though.... I no longer partake in the intake of alcohol (2 years now)

Here's an awesome (and amazingly cloudless) satalite pic of the Emerald Isle :D

...I can see my house from here :heh:

Ireland_amo_2010284.jpg

In case anyone missed it when I posted it a few days ago, here is my (now traditional) St. Paddys Day vid a retelling of an Ancient Irish Legend. This year the Giants Causeway (there's a 2nd vid I plan to put up on the 19th too...double vid bonus this year)

And for those that don't know the story of St. Patrick if my summerised version aove wasn't good enough.

Beannachtaí na Féile Padraig

Edited by Mokong

Happy St Patricks to all the irish, and to everyone else, as I assume many shall be 'celebrating'. I for one and going to wholly endorse my clear irish roots.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

:D

have a great St. Patty's day @Mokong X\-C . ;)

you tryin to wind me up Coolness, haha

I just spent the last 30mins correcting Americans on twitter... one of whom thought "Paddy" was offensive and derogatory to Irish people :heh:

*facepalm*