NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
LD560

BAFTA 2012 game awards.

Well the results for BAFTA was published short while ago.

Dont know whether im not suprised or shocked that Nintendo didnt recieve an award at all!!

(If this has been posted elsewhere sorry)

So whats everyones opinions ??

Load of bollocks.

FIFA 12 was up for best game, yet Uncharted 3 was not. That's a travesty.

For those too lazy to check out:

The "Special" Award: Markus Persson (aka Notch)

Action: Batman: Arkham City

Artistic Achievement: Rayman Origins

Audio Achievement: Battlefield 3

Best Game: Portal 2

Debut Game: Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet

Design: Portal 2

Family: LittleBigPlanet 2

Game Innovation: LittleBigPlanet 2

Mobile & Handheld: Peggle HD

Online - Browser: Monstermind

Online Multiplayer: Battlefield 3

Original Music: L.A. Noire

Performance: Mark Hamill

Sports/Fitness: Kinect Sports 2

Story: Portal 2

Strategy: Total War: Shogun 2

One To Watch: Tick Tock Toys

GAME Award: Battlefield 3.

Apart from Mark Hamill for the voice of the joker, I agree with none (Rayman is also a pretty game, though).

EA move shovelware as thats bout all they can do. How the hell did Mario not win the handheld category??

There are a few I probably would have gone differently for but for the most part I thought a lot of the award winners deserved it. Only real surprise was that Skyrim didnt win anything.

EA move shovelware as thats bout all they can do. How the hell did Mario not win the handheld category??

Really? So somehow in your world, the incremental yearly Mario game with shoddy appended 3D isn't shovelware but Dead Space 2, Battlefield 3, Crysis 2; all games that could easily have qualified for GOTY, are?

You need to check yoself, kid.

To be fair, even though I don't like Mario 3D Land, there is absolutely no comparison between it and those mobile phone games (except perhaps Peggle).

@BARD

Im going to assume you've never played it. And judging the way you speak about the 3D that would preety much confirm it. Also im just shocked that Nintendo didnt win this category.

And fair play to your list there all good generic formula games out of most the trash EA releases.

Oh little note dont call me kid sunshine. Or my Sinclair Spectrum will be saying hello :-P

I've played it, and I also had the misfortune of buying 2 3DS' so trust me, my disillusionment towards 3D isn't from a lack of experience. It's just another Mario game; the perspective and depth offer some novelty, but not enough to distract you from the fact that it's essentially same game you've been playing for years. Mario has become so joyless.

Also, I call everyone kid, kid =p.

I've played it, and I also had the misfortune of buying 2 3DS' so trust me, my disillusionment towards 3D isn't from a lack of experience. It's just another Mario game; the perspective and depth offer some novelty, but not enough to distract you from the fact that it's essentially same game you've been playing for years. Mario has become so joyless.

Also, I call everyone kid, kid =p.

Are you comparing 3D Land to the Sunshine/Galaxy/64 or to SMB3, SMW and the like? People tend to compare the wrong entries in the series.

That said, gotta agree with recent Mario games (Galaxy aside) not being anything special. Even 3D Land, which interested me at first, lost the hype when I tried it.

But then again, Super Mario World wasn't anything special when I played it either. Even Super Mario Bros 3 (which I liked) is outdone by so much else.

Honestly, I think the 2D Mario formula is overrated in the first place :heh:

Handheld and music were the only ones to make me raise an eyebrow. 3D Land wasnt just the best handheld game of last year but one of the best games overall. My GOTY didnt win the big one (Arkham) but it did get best action game and Portal 2 is a deserving winner for best game.

Oh and Rare are back are they? Fuck off.

Was just looking at the TV Guide and apparently the channel Challenge are showing highlights of the awards tomorrow at 11pm.

Sign in to follow this