NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Cookyman

Everybody's Golf (Vita)

psvita-everybodys-golf.jpg

Hit the course as everybody's favourite golf series comes to the fore on PS Vita.

Land that elusive hole-in-one thanks to intuitive touchscreen controls and a dynamic new shot system.

Plot your route to the pin using the touchscreen and rear touch pad to look around the course.

Play online via PlayStation Network – enter thrilling live tournaments or enjoy a leisurely, turn-based round with friends when it suits you.

Right got the totally vanilla description out of the way.

Here is what I think - EG is my most played Vita game (shock horror eh?) and here is why:

• Graphically it's very impressive.
  • Deep rewarding gameplay.
  • A shit ton of equipment, characters, items, clothing, concept art etc to unlock.
  • Very impressive online features - lobbies, where you can chat to other players, a busy online community already, 30 player tournaments, more online features will be unlocked/patched as the community grows.

everybodysgolfvita_324921.jpg

Basically EG on the Vita is the next logical step from EG on the PS3 it has all the features of that title and a load more too.

I've created this thread in the hope that some of you out there will cave in with my constant praising of the game - buy it & fall in love with it's golfy goodness!

Yep very good game. Havent got too far into it yet as Persona 3 Portable has been sucking up all my game time but from what ive played its been very fun.

I do however want to murder Marta.

Yep very good game. Havent got too far into it yet as Persona 3 Portable has been sucking up all my game time but from what ive played its been very fun.

I do however want to murder Marta.

The Caddies are all a pain in the arse but you can get new ones - when you unlock new courses in the store buy them and you get a new Caddie.

So how are you lot getting on with this? I'm on the level 6 challenges and am a level 14 golfer. Im currently using Stuart, his scottish accent is fucking terrible but he's a good intermediate player.

I got this on Friday and the more I play it the better it becomes with more things opening up to unlock. I have spent the past two days getting to grips with the golf mechanics and they are excellent. It's extremely exciting when you manage to pull off the perfect shot. (which for me at the moment is rare and a fluke if it actually happens. :p)

I am at Level 5 and just unlocked the VS character on the beginners levels. :)

It's a huge game thats for sure. I've seen the end credits but it's certainly not the end of the game I've tons to unlock and there's also the small matter of the platinuum events. Online is incredible everybody is locked at GF level at the moment however online grades will be unlocked soon for everyone - meaning there will be online tournaments for your level.

It will have the same set up as the PS3 version details below:

What are the online ranks?

There are four online ranks: G3, G2, G1 and G0. Where G3 is the entry level rank and G0 are the best players of the game!

What are Online Tournaments?

You can play in online tournaments by entering any lobby in the online mode - it doesn't matter which lobby or floor you enter.

All new players start with a rank of G3. This means that you can only participate in tournaments ranked G3 or GF - you can not enter G0, G1 or G2 tournaments. (GF meaning rank free tournament).

You may have to meet additional requirements to enter tournaments, as some tournaments (most) are restricted to a particular character, character class or course, which you must have unlocked in Challenge mode in order to compete.

You can book a place in any tournament from any floor or lobby by accessing the tournament menu (press 'Triangle') and using the 'R2' and 'L2' buttons to scroll between floors (there are ten floors in total). However, you can only "jump into" a tournament that is about to start if you are in a lobby on the same floor as the tournament. The 'R1' and 'L1' buttons allow you to view different hour slots, but can can only book an hour in advance.

How do I get promoted to the next online rank?

The only way to increase your rank is to play in official online tournaments. Tournaments are either for a specific rank only (i.e.. G3,G2, G1 or G0) or are GF, which means they are rank free but they do not count towards promotion to a higher rank.

There must be at least 10 players in a ranked tournament in order to receive points towards the next rank.

You also earn Character loyalty when you play in online tournaments.

Points are gained from each time you play a ranked tournament:

* First Place: 4 Points.

* Second Place: 3 Points.

* Top 20% Place: 2 Points.

You need to gain a certain amount of points within a certain number of rounds (the points are reset after a set number of rounds depending on your grade) in order to be promoted:

* G3 to G2 Promotion: 8 Points or above.

* G2 to G1 Promotion: 20 Points or above in 20 Rounds.

* G1 to G0 Promotion: 30 Points or above in 30 Rounds.

E.g.. 20 points in the 1-20 games, or 21-40, or 41-60, etc.

Why was I demoted?

If you do not score enough points within a certain number of games you will be demoted to the previous rank:

* G2 to G3 Demotion: within 20 rounds you have gained 0 points.

* G1 to G2 Demotion: within 30 rounds you have gained only 2 points or less.

* G0 to G1 Demotion: within 40 rounds you have gained only 2 points or less.

Why can I not book a place in another tournament for a specific length of time?

If you have withdrawn from a tournament - quit or ran out of time - you can not book a place on another tournament until the finishing time of the tournament you withdrew from has past.

NB: It will still count as a game/round if you withdraw from a ranked tournament, so it is more beneficial to stick it out and gain the character loyalty than quit, as you can't enter another tournament in this period anyway!

You can pull put of a tournament that hasn't started provided you do so before the last 30 seconds before in starts!

Does it have advanced and traditional shots like PS3? I hated how traditional players on the PS3 version got gimped by less distance on their shots so unless you learnt how to play advanced you would end up losing online.

Does it have advanced and traditional shots like PS3? I hated how traditional players on the PS3 version got gimped by less distance on their shots so unless you learnt how to play advanced you would end up losing online.

There are five type of control method in the game - some can be bought early on in the in game shop. Just pick one you like and play with that, none are any better than the other they are all down to personal taste.

Been playing this almost every day and now have 62% of trophies - still so much to do!

If you've got a Vita then you need this game!

I'm gonna Platinum this fucker - eventually. Managed to get the trophies for all star and all crowns today. Just two more trophies to get - Max out all characters and buy everything in the store - so still lots to do.

Hows everybody else finding it?

We need to get a group of us in a 30 player online tourney and have party chat on - could be fun! :yay:

Great little handheld game, although I don't really get every little aspect/detail of the game/HUD.

If I pass the exam tomorrow I'll have more time to play. During the weekends I might even have the time to do some online gaming.

Great little handheld game, although I don't really get every little aspect/detail of the game/HUD.

If I pass the exam tomorrow I'll have more time to play. During the weekends I might even have the time to do some online gaming.

Nice let me know when - I'll give you a few games!

Trying to max out loyalty on all characters. :)

Have you unlocked all characters?

No, not yet. I keep spending my money on the vending machine things. :D

i just got 100% on all vending machines it costs a fortune! You unlock characters by completing the challenge mode. I now have all stars and crowns for challenge mode its not easy! I just now need to buy all the costumes for characters and max out 4 characters and I'll get the platinum trophy!

For some reason this is currently £11.99 on the Store. I'm not into golf, but it seemed like a no-brainer at that price!

For some reason this is currently £11.99 on the Store. I'm not into golf, but it seemed like a no-brainer at that price!

I implore every Vita owner on here to buy it - at that price it's a fucking steal!

benStillerDoIt.jpg

In other news I need one more trophy for the Platinum - nearly there!

Bought it. It better be good Cooky, we'll all hold you personally responsible!

Bought it. It better be good Cooky, we'll all hold you personally responsible!

It comes with the cookyman seal of approval!

CookyJaws.jpg

Smell the quality!

thscreechsanchezrscly1hy4.gif

Eventually got the platinum for this last night!

My first Plat on the Vita.

1Laf2e77.png

Chuffed to bits - you certainly earn it in this game.

Have barely touched this since I bought it. Should play it more, hasn't got me yet. Just seems like a bog standard golf game at the minute with no mini games (love stuff like ring shot etc). And with the online being gimped with friends (tried starting a match, but joined the wrong one, but couldn't figure out how to cancel) just haven't had any impetus to play. Hopefully it'll click soon!

Have barely touched this since I bought it. Should play it more, hasn't got me yet. Just seems like a bog standard golf game at the minute with no mini games (love stuff like ring shot etc). And with the online being gimped with friends (tried starting a match, but joined the wrong one, but couldn't figure out how to cancel) just haven't had any impetus to play. Hopefully it'll click soon!

It will click then you'll be hooked. Give me a time to meet up turn on cross game chat then we'll sort out an online game together. I need someone else to sing the games praises!

How're you for the the weekend?!

Should be able to sort something out mate.

Sign in to follow this