N-Europe

Virtua Tennis 4: World Tour Edition - VITA

Aneres11

packshot_small.jpg

Virtua Tennis 4: World Tour Edition!

Decided to create a thread as suggested by Retro Link in the Vita main thread.

I know a few of us have this game and the comments seem to all be positive from those who've played it.

It is easily my most played Vita game so far and I'm loving it!

There's the usual career mode, speaks for itself - arcade mode, where you try and win the 4 grand slams and if you score enough points, face the Duke / King, exhibition mode where you can freely play against CPU characters for however long you want and at your chosen difficulty, Practice mode - speaks for itself, Mini game mode - again, speaks for itself, VT Apps which is a mode exclusive to the VITA edition and utilizes the VITA's features, and Online which lets you play against the rest of the world!!

So lots to do.

I have been busy online more than anything and was on a 19 match winning streak before some bastard from Japan beat me. Not happy.

Also had a match with @dazzybee last night and that was great! Absolutely no slow down, frame rate drop or lag at all.

Anyone who wants to pick this game up should definitely do so. It is one of those games that has kinda been shoved out the lime light because of some other big names at launch. But it is an amazingly addictive and fun game - even if you're not a fan of tennis. If you are though - you will love this.

A review below from IGN:

http://uk.vita.ign.com/articles/121/1219216p1.html

They basically say what we all know - it's nothing new, but it works and is a shit tonne load of fun. *Not their exact words... :laughing:

I also find myself loving unlocking trophies on this too. They are pretty good trophies too and a lot of them are unlocked with natural progression through the career mode / game. Some are just plain fun to get on your own though - like hitting 250 winning volleys. I'm not a net play player, but finding myself playing this style to unlock the trophy and am having some success with it!!

I could go on and on, but I wont. Just buy it y'all!

: peace:

Oh and when you do - add me! I wan't some online goodness damnit!!

Edited by Aneres11

Online feels like a completely different game. Shots my player can hit in singleplayer he can't hit in online.

Edit: I just don't understand the bits where I'm right next to where the ball is but completely miss it.

Edited by Cube

Net play seems really bad; taking a shot is so slow it's almost an unplayable style (unless I'm doing something wrong); I just don't get how to play it.

Also, I really struggle to play shots to the right of the court, when I hold left it always goes left. But when I hold right, it very often goes more to the middle. Now, is this because my tennis player is right handed and if my player position isn't open enough to get the angle to the right?

This game is doing my head in a bit. It has the FIFA-style difficulty system, by basically making y play worse when it wants to make it difficult... Winds me up. It doesn't make the computer better, yjust miss more shots then you normally would. And your shots aren't hit as cleanly.

Another thing, I've finished the world tour, the coach said if you want to do it again then I'll be right here with you, and I'm sure it said it would keep everything. But when I go to play another tour it stud all my stars will be wiped. Boo! Will my player be as good though and have all the kit and such?

This game is doing my head in a bit. It has the FIFA-style difficulty system, by basically making y play worse when it wants to make it difficult... Winds me up. It doesn't make the computer better, yjust miss more shots then you normally would. And your shots aren't hit as cleanly.

Another thing, I've finished the world tour, the coach said if you want to do it again then I'll be right here with you, and I'm sure it said it would keep everything. But when I go to play another tour it stud all my stars will be wiped. Boo! Will my player be as good though and have all the kit and such?

Hmm I haven't found this. I play on very hard all the time against the computer and I play no worse. Shots aren't as clean as they tend to be much more accurate and powerful when the CPU is a higher difficulty.

As I've said before there has to some anticipation of where the CPU or online opponents shot is going to go in order to ensure your shot back is not setting them up for a winner.

I think it's brilliant and the difficulty level is spot on. :smile: