N-Europe

Wii no power issue

ViPeR

Right guys/gals. Not sure if anyone can help me at all but basically I plugged in my Wii this evening and nothing. No light. Completely dead. It's a launch Wii. Is there any way to tell if it's the power supply or the console itself? I hadn't used it in months until Zelda came out. It's been in Standby most evenings. I don't really want to replace the console if it's the power supply...any advice would be grand.

If you have a multimeter around you could use that to test the power supply. Otherwise, you're going to have to find either another power supply or another Wii to test it out. Nintendo customer service are pretty good though, so I wouldn't worry too much if it comes down to sending it in.

I'd agree with the trying to test it somewhere local. Do you know anyone else with a working wii you could quickly try it on? Probably test both power pack and wii if possible, just in case you've two faults by some coincidence. Not sure about sticking a multimeter on it though! If you haven't got someone who can help, maybe a local game selling shop would be kind enough to let you borrow them/purchase a new power supply/wii from them if it's broken? I imagine somewhere that sells preowned may be nice enough to help you out, of course they could just lie and flog you a wii instead :p