NEurope
khilafah

PES 2012 3DS

I noticed that its on the shelves yesterday. Can't believe Konami just snuck it out. And it sounds kind of promising too:

From pesfan.com:

The Good

+ Menus look far better, apart from the main menu which is just the same as PS3/360 versions everything else will look very familiar to PES6, if not identical.

+ Plenty of game modes to keep you busy (Match, Online, Champions League, Copa Santander, Master League, Become a Legend, World Player, League, Cup & Training).

+ Online so far seems lag free (3 Games Played so far).

+ PES-Shop is back (Unlock Feints, boots, double speed match, ball effects, stadiums, teams, players and ability to edit master league structure).

+ Gameplay is good, feels like PES6 (Takes some getting used to thumbpad as d-pad is useless).

+ You can now save goal replays.

+ Edit mode is bigger and better, can now edit kits, logos & badges. Plus the usual stuff.

The Bad

- Team rosters are yet again out of date, teams are just like PS3/360 versions before the online roster update.

- Online, the home team picks the game camera for the match and there is nothing you can do about it.

- The text in the game to me seems way too small.

I noticed that its on the shelves yesterday. Can't believe Konami just snuck it out. And it sounds kind of promising too:

Can the team rosters be updated online? Can you at least do it manually?

Do you know if the American Soccer league is included?

You can edit the players and teams yeah, but not how they look.

I'm tempted by this, but I've bought Fifa 12 PS3 and 3DS and Pro Evo 12 wii... too many football games :)

Only want it for online, so if people here aren't getting it I probably won't bother.

Konami could release a squad update via spotpass.

They wont though as they are lazy!

You can manually in the edit mode, quite comprehensive. And there is the Copa Santander Libertadores, but no American Soccer League, at least in the European version. Fantastic game, though. Online is pretty good too.

You can edit the players and teams yeah, but not how they look.

I'm tempted by this, but I've bought Fifa 12 PS3 and 3DS and Pro Evo 12 wii... too many football games :)

Only want it for online, so if people here aren't getting it I probably won't bother.

Lol, if everyone would think like that, nobody will get it! :grin: Just joking. I've got it, and I think it's an excellent game, online is very good too, but at the moment it's a bit hard finding matches, especially during the week. It'll get better once is out in the rest of the world, and more people find out about it. Btw, I don't have fifa 12, but I've been told framerate is not that good, and graphics are a bit jaggy, did you find that?

You can manually in the edit mode, quite comprehensive. And there is the Copa Santander Libertadores, but no American Soccer League, at least in the European version. Fantastic game, though. Online is pretty good too.

Lol, if everyone would think like that, nobody will get it! :grin: Just joking. I've got it, and I think it's an excellent game, online is very good too, but at the moment it's a bit hard finding matches, especially during the week. It'll get better once is out in the rest of the world, and more people find out about it. Btw, I don't have fifa 12, but I've been told framerate is not that good, and graphics are a bit jaggy, did you find that?

Yeah, Fifa 12 on the 3DS is pretty back to be honest, there's a lot of modes but it aint very good. I just love football games, I'm addicted to playing tottenhams fixtures... Have you got pro evo 11 on the 3DS?!

Yeah, Fifa 12 on the 3DS is pretty back to be honest, there's a lot of modes but it aint very good. I just love football games, I'm addicted to playing tottenhams fixtures... Have you got pro evo 11 on the 3DS?!

I did, it wasn't too bad, but not enough modes and NO ONLINE! Shocking, traded in after a week, lol. 2012 is waaay better in every aspect. Let me know if you buy it, then we can play sometime.

I did, it wasn't too bad, but not enough modes and NO ONLINE! Shocking, traded in after a week, lol. 2012 is waaay better in every aspect. Let me know if you buy it, then we can play sometime.

Does it play better? Or is it the same game but with online?

Does it play better? Or is it the same game but with online?

TBH gameplay wasn't bad on 2011, so no, that didn't change much. But of course IS NOT the same game, it practically has all the modes of the home consoles now, and I'm talking ps3/360, not wii. Look on youtube under 'PES 2012 Nintendo 3DS - First look at the Menu', you'll see (I still can't post links, sorry).

I would use the touch feints but the touch controls not a damn chance!!

Why not? It's a nice diversion, quite satisfying when you pull them off. I can't play against AI stronger than normal with touch controls though, too difficult. It would have been fantastic if they did implement a control method similar to the playmaker style on the wii, but controlled with the stylus of course, maybe having the radar on the touch screen, and moving your players from there.

What are the edit options like? Are they the same as the Wii 2012?

Yes, edit options are pretty much the same, but everything else (Master League aside) is different, meaning it has much more modes and training options, etc. It has Be A Legend and World Player, for example, that the Wii version doesn't have.

I wish the Master League mode was still the same as it was in ISS Pro Evolution 2 on the PS1.. in fact, I'd be more than happy if they gave us that exact game on 3DS with club teams and updated squads :grin: I wouldn't even mind if they kept the graphics the same :heh:

I just noticed PES 2013 3D is available for preorder at £19.99 on Zavvi if anyone is interested :smile:

10606201-1346327477-541420.png

I went with the Wii version last year so I may well opt for the 3DS version this year if I'm gonna invest in a football game in the next couple of months..

Does it have online? May go for it. Though with possibly picking up FIFA for ps3 and wii u and maybe footballed out. But if this is good....

Does it have online?

It should as the last game had it. It's a solid footballer, I enjoyed it (PES 2011 & PES 2012) but I won't be buying PES 2013 for the 3DS as we'll probably have FIFA 13 at some point in the near future.

It should as the last game had it. It's a solid footballer, I enjoyed it (PES 2011 & PES 2012) but I won't be buying PES 2013 for the 3DS as we'll probably have FIFA 13 at some point in the near future.

FiFA 13 will be released soon Sep 28th. You can pre-order at Amazon.co.uk for £29,99.

I'd like to know whether you guys on my 3DS friend list are going for PES 13 or FIFA 13. Personally, I think I'll buy PES 13 (since I liked the gameplay in PES 11), as long as there will be more leagues to choose from.

I should have been clearer, when I said FIFA 13, I meant the WiiU version but thanks anyway CVL.

But who knows I may one day also run into the 3DS version, I wanted FIFA 12 but the shocking omission of online play forced me into getting PES 2012 (which I didn't regret).

For now PES 2012 will keep me busy (football-wise) on my 3DS.

Ah OK, -Dem0- thought you meant FIFA for the 3DS.

I wonder how many leagues will be included in PES 13 for the 3DS. If anyone knows it would be nice to know. I'd personally love if Konami just dropped the licensing of players and teams all-together though and instead simply made up funny league- and player names and make the characters look cute - probably similar to Calciobit I reckon. No sense of missing out on some leagues, no problem with outdated rosters. I'd buy that kind of game in a heartbeat.

Yeah, still not sure myself what to do and FIFA on the WIi u will probably do me as will act as a handheld version too. I'd still be interested to see how these two games turn out and whether they have decent online modes or not. I bought FIFA 12 3DS and though it was truly abysmal, not a patch on Pro EVo 11