NEurope
Mr_Odwin

Comic Book Discussion Issue #2

3 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Did you know who the last ronin was before going in?

Sadly, yeah. Not too big of a spoiler though as it is revealed pretty early on.

Spoiler

Had I not known I would have pegged it as being Raph.

53 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Sadly, yeah. Not too big of a spoiler though as it is revealed pretty early on.

Spoiler (Hide contents)

Had I not known I would have pegged it as being Raph.

I didn’t know and managed to guess it. Can’t pull a fast one on me! 

• Haha 1

2/3 of Decembers big releases for me have been put online for sale early so that's helpful. Should be a quieter month.

large-2670291.jpg?1698077796large-6322315.jpg?1696167649

• Like 1

I'm going to be breaking glass in case of emergency on Watchmen because I'm well behind with the yearly reading quota and need something quick and dirty to get through.

• Like 1

Latest Omniboo purchases. Probably just one more later this month when Spider-Man Clone Saga vol.1 is released. I wasn't originally gonna get Thor by JMS & Gillen but Marvel snuck the Siege event into it so I felt like I should.

large-9827427.jpglarge-3020430.jpglarge-8791444.jpglarge-3012408.jpg

• Like 1

After watching a review of the Thor omnibus and realising that its possible to get an unbroken run of Thor from the 90s to present day I may have gone and bought the others I needed that are still in print. Just one left from the 90s that will hopefully get reprinted one day and I'm sorted.

large-5775829.jpglarge-8075270.jpglarge-5310877.jpg

large-2728002.jpg?1702083103

And there we go, last book for Jan. I think my next scheduled omnibus releases are 27th Feb so that'll give me a month of savings and a bit of time to try and catch up on all these books.

• Like 1

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

Loved the Clone Saga storyline. Did they ever bring Ben back?

Yeah they did. He was Spider-Man again for a bit while Peter was injured then once again they screwed him over so he's currently evil.

• Angry 1

On 1/19/2024 at 8:16 AM, Happenstance said:

Yeah they did. He was Spider-Man again for a bit while Peter was injured then once again they screwed him over so he's currently evil.

Doesn't he turn into slime in the end?

15 minutes ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

Doesn't he turn into slime in the end?

Yeah he's come back again since then.

It's looking like the Avengers vs X-Men omnibus could be starting to go out of print so I decided to pull the trigger on it while there's a lull in book releases. Probably my biggest omnibus at 1680 pages.

large-8283183.jpg

20 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

@Hero-of-Time you ever read much of Wolverine's solo books? Just been debating trying his Omni's.

Yeah, used to read his comic run in the 90's. I remember it being pretty good.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Yeah, used to read his comic run in the 90's. I remember it being pretty good.

Hmmm, I might have to give them a try then. 

Decided not to go with Wolverine and instead start filling my earlier Uncanny X-Men gaps. I should only need volumes 1-4 as after that the stories are mostly collected in event omnis I already own like Mutant Massacre so volume 5 onwards would just be double dipping for me. Only vol 3 in print at the moment but I'm sure it won't take long for re-releases of the rest again.

large-9514584.jpg

• Like 1

I bow to your superior knowledge in these things, but I did pick up an issue or two of Uncanny X-Men a dozen plus years ago and it was like an alternate reality or something. Wasn't like the cartoon as I'd hoped.

1 minute ago, darksnowman said:

I bow to your superior knowledge in these things, but I did pick up an issue or two of Uncanny X-Men a dozen plus years ago and it was like an alternate reality or something. Wasn't like the cartoon as I'd hoped.

Yeah they've had a long history with quite a few alternate realities thrown in there. There was a comic series though which was just a continuation of the animated series. It got an omnibus release a few months ago.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Happenstance said:

Yeah they've had a long history with quite a few alternate realities thrown in there. There was a comic series though which was just a continuation of the animated series. It got an omnibus release a few months ago.

I didn't realise they made an omnibus version. I may have to check it out. 

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Ah, that's not the series I was thinking about. I thought you were talking about X-Men 92. 

Ah ok yeah. That one does have an "omnibus" as well but it's one of those fake paperback Panini ones that they like to call omnibus'.

2 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Ah ok yeah. That one does have an "omnibus" as well but it's one of those fake paperback Panini ones that they like to call omnibus'.

Yeah, just looked at it on Amazon. I may pick it up. It's cheap enough and the series seems to have ended with the 10 main issues and a mini series, so there's no worries about having to pick up more volumes.