NEurope
ReZourceman

Brian Butterfield! TV News! Must View Thread!

Some people love Peter Serafinowicz. Certainly I do. He is a god among mere mortals. Some of you may even have seen his fantastic TV show. Well, I'm sure a lot of you will have seen Brian Butterfield and his various businesses.

And many more.

Well, tomorrow.....the legend that is Brian Butterfield...is on....Shooting Stars!

Tune in tomorrow at 10:40PM on BBC 2 for what is sure to be an absolute treat.

Yeah they've been delaying this episode for AGES, it was meant to be this series opener and I've been annoyed every week when they've put it off.

Not sure if this requires a thread. Isn't there just a Shooting Stars thread somewhere?

thrad

didnt

I've let myself down. I am also surprised by the lack of interest. Not least because its Brian Butterfield...but....like....shouldn't everyone/doesn't everyone worship Shooting Stars? It is absolutely brilliant.

Sure, he's a funny guy, but you overbum stuff ReZ. Also on top of that I'm not a big fan of shooting stars. Also on top of that also like some sort of triple tiered wedding cake, I forgot. On top of said cake, the little groom is currently thinking this;

(this is now a fred about peter serafanowix)

((also were there a little bride she'd be thinking about all the other funny stuff he does and how bb is just a small part of his very large repatoire))

Well, tomorrow.....the legend that is Brian Butterfield...is on....Shooting Stars!

I was excited until I got to the end of that sentence. I'm going to give it a whirl. Plus it seems Lisa Snowdon is on it too, so that's a bonus.

It started off with a shitty song about Stallone... This isn't going to go well.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

Is...is he that good? I don't get it. He seems like an amusing person. Maybe if I saw/met him in person or something. The only bit that got a laugh was when it went through the foods in the first vid.

But then I'm a notoriously harsh/discerning-of-things-I-like critic.

I adore Shooting Stars. I get it. I get what it's trying to be. Vic Reeves is my comedy inspiration and I love his illustration work too. He's basically one of my top people. Ever.

I don't understand how people can dislike Shooting Stars.

Because it's shit.

They spent more time on that retarded DJ than Butterfield/any of the guests.

Sorry ReZourcemen, only just seen this.

I bloomin' LOVE Shooting Stars, especially since they brought it back a couple of years ago. The last three series (including this one) have been comedy gold. It's the only (intentional) comedy programme left on TV that makes me laugh out loud.

Highlights this year:

* Angelos: "Who's taller: Terry, or Lazy Barry?"

* "True or False: Stephen Fry is so intelligent, he doesn't need to wear 3D glasses whilst watching 3D films."

* (Approximation) Q: Who is Bottington Sodworthy? A: Charles Sodworthy's son.

* Angelos' cabaret where he stripped and knocked a robin into a bowl of milk

* 1970s Facebook

* Tess Daley's "exorcism"

* "True or False: Illiterate people meet once a week in the library to judge a book by its cover."

* "True or False: If you sneeze, cough and fart at once, it's possible to reverse time."

* "True or False: Zoe Ball and Stuart Bag are to star in a detective programme called Ball Bag."

* Jack Dee's endgame where he had to find a pound and won a "Douglet" (a lamb with eyes on its rear).

You know, I find it so funny, sometimes I wonder if I'm actually mad!

I've always found Vic and Bob hilarious, I was raised on their sense of humour so it's just part of me now. When I was a kid I wanted to be George Dawes.

But I can see why some people don't like it.

Yeah, it started in 1993, and that's just Shooting Stars. Their sketch shows were earlier than that.

I suppose it's a '90s thing. Ah, I love the '90s.

90s comedy > 00s comedy on the whole.

Don't bother listing me examples of exceptions to the rule... there's tons of comedy thats been great since the 90s. But so many fantastic sitcoms in the 90s which have made me who I am today.

Bottom. Ahh... let me count the ways I love you. (Both the sitcom, and the natural, hairy portable pillow.)

It's amazing half of those "highlights" came from this weeks episode Grazza.

Angelos: "Who's taller: Terry, or Lazy Barry?"

Is this an in-joke of something?

I like Shooting Stars. I wouldn't say it's hilarious but it's definitely different to anything else on the BBC. It has a few moments of real genius but I usually find it more 'fun' than funny.

Never seen Brian Butterfield before because all I really know of Peter Sera-etc is from what I've seen of him on panel shows (like 8 out of 10 cats) and he's never been that funny. I always thought he was a bit of a smug twat. Might give his show a try now though because those Butterfield videos were quite good.