NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
CoolFunkMan

Counter-Strike: Global Offense (PC, XBOX 360, PS3) - 2012

As someone who still plays CS:S I'm very excited by the news. However they appear to have only announced superficial changes, where the hit boxes and physics could do with a lot of work to bring them up to modern levels.

I'm both scared and excited.

I sank way too much time into CS1.6 and CSS.

So, this gets release tomorrow on PSN/Steam/XBLA in the US, so presumably on Wednesday for EU.

Anybody picking it up?

KB/M support confirmed for PSN Release.......

So, this gets release tomorrow on PSN/Steam/XBLA in the US, so presumably on Wednesday for EU.

Nah, we get it tomorrow as well.

I think I'll probably get this. Although due to my terrible internet I'll either wait until I move out or until a steam sale.

Anybody played the pre-purchase beta?

I'm guessing my beta will expire tomorrow, then?

KB/M support confirmed for PSN Release.......

"There will be no cross-platform online because it would be unfair to pit keyboard & mouse players against those with a controller."

"There will be no cross-platform online because it would be unfair to pit keyboard & mouse players against those with a controller."

I know the cross platform play has been dropped, not because of the control methods, but because of the way Valve updates it's games. It can push the updates straight to Steam, but will have to go through Sony's verification process.

A skill-based match-making system has been implemented into CS: GO making it easier to get matched into a game with other players of the same skill level, rather than thrown in with people that have a much high skill level. This is new to Counter-Strike and much needed when the title becomes full of highly skilled players.

Additionally, on PS3, the input device also plays a role in the match-making process. If you’re playing with the Move controllers, then you will be matched with others using Move based on your abilities with the Move controller setup. Same goes for DualShock 3 or keyboard and mouse controls. If you want to try one of the other input devices, you will be matched based on never having played with that particular input device.

This is out on XBLA.... tomorrow?? That's awesome. I need to dig out that points card I have lying about somewhere....

Never got beta access but used to love CS:S.

Got it on pc and it's pretty similar to CS:Source really. Just updated a bit here and there.

Playstation Plus users get trial automatically if auto downloads are on.

Can only find a video to DL on the XBLA marketplace, so I have no idea if there's going to be a trial version for the 360. Anybody know? I played CS:S yeaaars ago but only ever at a friend's house, so I know de_dust, but suck. I'm giving thought to getting Gold again for this... but it'd be a big investment wasted if I don't liek.

Edited by jayseven

Trials for XBLA games are mandatory, although I've no idea what it will entail; in theory it could just be the tutorial, assuming there even is one.

I'll give the demo a go but multiplayer twitch shooters aren't really my thing; I prefer more 'meta' shooters like Battlefield.

Nah, we get it [today/Tues] as well.

I don't think this is correct, for Xbox at least, it is not out yet and lists release date as tomorrow. Not surprising since XBLA games always come out on a Wednesday.

Oh well, gives me a bit longer to dig out that points card :p

I don't think this is correct, for Xbox at least, it is not out yet and lists release date as tomorrow. Not surprising since XBLA games always come out on a Wednesday.

Oh well, gives me a bit longer to dig out that points card :p

On Steam it says it's opening in 3 hours (at 6pm).

There's a clock on the Xbox dash counting down to midnight GMT. Can't find it on PlayStation Store either but then again, I can never find anything on there :heh:

The trial is a time trial (I think 45 min) with the full game unlocked (except achievements I guess).

And this is the first time I've ever really felt this... it just doesn't feel the same without Keyboard/Mouse.

I've probably played, maybe, 5 hours of CS before (woo 56k!) so... the nostalgia I feel for the game isn't really for the game as such... I've gone from considering spending like $100 to play the game... to really just dismissing it.

Especially because the demo version is the same 1gb+ version of the game.

For all XBLA games you download the entire game for the trial. When you buy the full thing, it's essentially just an unlock (downloads instantly). It actually makes sense for CS:GO, since the entire game is there to be played in trial mode, just for a limited time.

But yeah, I think I'll get it on Steam instead. A game that needs accuracy and quick weapon changes is a bit fiddly on the 360 controller. Could just be me, though. Plus, all those custom maps I'd be missing out on.

Also, I thought it was more than just CS:S with new visuals, but it feels like the exact same game.

Yeah I know that, but having a 30gb monthly cap on downloads means it's just the last nail in the coffin.

Ouch. Better than plusnet's 10 though! My cousin's been visiting my Mum and managed to hit that limit in 5 days streaming 90210 :heh:

Yeah? Rofls.

The contract here renews every 16th, so the beginning of a new month is usually when we start to notice lower bandwidth. It's been painful going from 50mb in sheffield to... this.

Part of the reason why I didn't renew Gold - severely unreliable connection preventing decent matchmaking, and just lag in general.

makes skyping a real bitch, too :(

Bought this day 1 but still can't play, the game is glitched for me in that none of the triggers or face buttons work whilst in a game. I've tried uninstall/install but to no avail. Guess I'll have to wait for a patch.

Sign in to follow this