Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Top Five stupid questions i get while working

DiemetriX

I work in Sainsburys we get all sorts of stupid questions which i can't think of at this time but once i was in the cigarette counter and a lady said "can i have a pack of fags please"

Don't know about you squire but here in my part of England, slang for cigarette is fag. We're not Americans.

I'm pretty sure anything more than a quick kick-around on FIFA is still considered 'sad' and 'geeky' by a grand majority of human beings.

I'd have to agree with this.

More on topic, I don't really get questions asked about what I do as I don't tell many people as they wouldn't understand. (I derive and analyse stochastic models for epidemics in structured populations :p) If I say anything at all they normally just ask about bird flu.

I think he was referring to the fact that the lady didn't specify what type/brand she wanted.

Here. Nowhere exciting. But we do have white lions!!11

I've been there! It was really fun. The camels smell though, and they stood in front of our car.

I'm pretty sure anything more than a quick kick-around on FIFA is still considered 'sad' and 'geeky' by a grand majority of human beings.

I've went out for abit and thought about it, and yeah you're right.

I think it's just me hoping that we can all call gaming normal now, but we're not quite there yet, and probably won't be there until atleast another 5 years or so.

And sorry Bowser, I was being an idiot, and sorry again for bringing it up again. :red:

well look at my name and you know what kind of work I do. (at a university).

Do I get a lot of silly questions? You bet. But then again, you get "damaged" working in specific arears.. questions that seem funny and stupid to you are actually pretty normal questions if you didn't spend 8 hours a day in a game shop.. or library.

but ok.. here is a few.

1. Student coming from the copying room with blank pages. "there is no more ink in your copyingmachine"!! (they put the papers they want to copy with the wrong side up/down)

2. OK.. this is stupid.

Student: "Is this the library"??

Me: (surrounded by books). ahem, yes!

3. My favorite. About 6 years ago in a public library. Can I download the Internet onto my floppy discs???

4. Student trying to put her library card down into the receipt printer.. she thinks its some kind of card reader

5. "oh my this is a thick book... do you have it as a movie also"???

(we deal mostly in non-fiction)(yes.. i sometimes wonder who let these students into this university)

6. Not really a question. But one day a guy came in and wanted a book. He didn't know the title or the author. But he knew the isbn number. It's a number given to every book since about 1969, and not two numbers are the same. And he knew the number by heart!!! Was i impressed? You bet!

isbn number: 0312291450

Meik you work at the Safari Park? You know Karrie Kenzovich (sp?) and I think Claire Hill works there...maybe.

Anyway, back on topic. To add some from my work;

"Is this on the 2 for £50 offer?"

"No, only the ones with the 2 for £50 stickers are?"

"So not this one?"

"No."

"What games are in the bundles"

"So is [another game not listed] on it?"

"No."

And much more. If I said what I though they'd so hate me. I'd be so sarcastic. "Is this game on the bundle then?" "Yes, I just decided not to mention it cause I thought it would be a fun little game to prolong this conversation because you're so damn cool!"

Oh and this was a classic back at Woolies. Someone went up to my friend/colleague Myles, at the entertainment counter (which is clearly marked and surrounded by games/cds/dvds bear in mind), and asked "Do you sell CDs?" He just stared for a moment before blankly saying "Which one did you want?" Silly people.