Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Top Five stupid questions i get while working

DiemetriX

I work in a gamestore in Norway. Here is a list of the top 5 stupid questions.

1.Is it possible to play Xbox 360 games on a regular xbox?

2.Do you sell Pirated games here?

3.I bought alot of PS2 games in thailand, but they wont work on my PS2. Whats wrong?

4.whats best of PS2 and Xbox360?

5.There's somthing wrong with this PC game. My PC is brand new and all the other games work. It has to be the game somthing is wrong with.

And my answer to all the questions above:

Justfuckinggoogleit.com

Ohhh.. and btw. A realy hot Girl came in the store. She was looking for a new Wargame to play. She loved wargames. She must be rare :P

I work in a gamestore in Norway. Here is a list of the top 5 stupid questions.

1.Is it possible to play Xbox 360 games on a regular xbox?

2.Do you sell Pirated games here?

3.I bought alot of PS2 games in thailand, but they wont work on my PS2. Whats wrong?

4.whats best of PS2 and Xbox360?

5.There's somthing wrong with this PC game. My PC is brand new and all the other games work. It has to be the game somthing is wrong with.

And my answer to all the questions above:

Justfuckinggoogleit.com

Ohhh.. and btw. A realy hot Girl came in the store. She was looking for a new Wargame to play. She loved wargames. She must be rare :P

I wouldn't call any of those questions 'stupid', bar number two.

Guest Stefkov

it has nothing to do with games, but the most stupidest question asked to me was only on wednesday:

"did your kidney fail?"

i wanted to slap the people so hard. i wouldnt fekin e in school if my kidney had failed. that got me so riled up.

You dont have to spend all you time on mesage boards to know that a company isn't going to make another console, jsut to have it'sgames compatible with the old one.

It is perfectly reasonable to suggest that someone who is 'not in the know' would interpret 'Xbox 360' as some sort of add-on for the Xbox, or a game portfolio that has superior functionality to other Xbox games.

Equally, if someone who is 'not in the know' is unfamiliar with region locks, number three is a perfectly valid question.

And as I'm sure a lot of you know, unlike my mother - who yesterday said, and I quote "I reckon we should wait for the Revolution, maybe pick up a 360 later" - most parents haven't a clue whether the XStation is better than the Playcube.

Ok, what retards ask those questions.

Gaming isn't really classed as geeky and sad anymore, so nowdays you'll have your average joe bloggs buying games.

Like Haver said, these people don't sit on the internet most of the day researching this stuff (although it is all basic stuff), or take pride in it like the majority of us lot do.

And considering it's Christmas aswell, then you'll most likely have old people buying games for their grandchildren..............and I very much doubt alot of them are tech savvy, hence why the questions are asked.

My worst has been "Do you sell music here?", and considering I work in the ole virgin megastore, then that's a stupid question.

What about the idiots that think legitiment games shops will sell pirate games

I wouldn't call any of those questions 'stupid', bar number two.

When I worked in the retail industry, I took great pleasure in educating those who weren't in the know. Not in a horrible smartarse GameStation-type way, but in a considerate manner. I saved Christmas a few times.

I get asked stupoder questions than that!

I work at a Welcome Break service station (yes that means free wifi Mario Kart on my breaks!) and we gt asked extremely stupid questions.

Heres 3 I think of now...

1) Do you sell alcohol?

2) Where do you get the coffee from/pay? (take into account there is a massive sign saying 'coffee primo' where you get the coffee and another sign saying 'please pay here' where you pay!)

3) Where do you get the lids from? (about half the customers who are having take away drinks ask this question, despite everytime I serve someone I say "You'll find all the lids, milks and sugars in the centre of the restaurant" - just proves that no-one listens to you!)

I agree with Poshy on this one, none of those seem really stupid bar 2. I could imagine my mom asking something like that, though this is the woman who saw my 360 the other day and said "is that your new Z-Station?"

Anyway, I work at a theme park and I operate the rides. Here are my top 5, they aren't particularly stupid but they make me laugh:

5. Is this safe?

4. How do you go? (On the dodgems)

3. Does this rollercoaster go upside down? (The whole ride is in plain view)

2. Kids yelling "FASTER!" on a rollercoaster (Sorry, I can't control gravity)

And my favourite, I get asked this 10 times a day when working the log flume or the rapids:

1. Do you get wet on this?

Acutally, i have one really stupid question.

There's a sakte shop in town called wisdom (skate shop, skateboards and skate clothes). I heard one biker at the skatepark say to another

"This kid the other day asked me if i got my bike from wisdom"

Actually, i have 2

I went into hmv to the back in the rock section, which clearly says rock, and next to it are harcore music, so my grandma asks me:

"What are these, games?"

EDIT: Meik where do you operate rides? which themepark.

I work in Sainsburys we get all sorts of stupid questions which i can't think of at this time but once i was in the cigarette counter and a lady said "can i have a pack of fags please"

Another place i see stupid questions asked is at theme parks when a ride brakes down there always loads of people asking what has happened and i bet about 99.9% probably wouldn't understand the problem