N-Europe

X-Men Mafia II Game Thread

Paj!

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite just agreeing with me?

I don't see any reason to hold back your character unless it would put you in a bad light. You've revealed your power and targets so why would revealing your character be so damaging for you? You have a lynchbomb, you are suspicious. Just saying 'don't worry I'm town' really isn't good enough and you know you wouldn't let it go at that if it were someone else.

Are you trying to indicate that you are neutral?

Also, please tell us what you got from the showers (lol).

Regardless, I'm still wary of Rummy's lynchbomb. Why do you have it? I presume there's an in-universe explanation for it, especially if you're a townie. I'd like to know it.

Again, you don't see why I shouldn't, I don't see why I should. I'm going to be deliberately stubborn on this because I don't see why I should be revealing anything when I've already revealed more than the average player in this game and those pushing me for information have revealed very little. How about you guys start telling us about yourselves?

Yes, of course there's an in-story explanation for it, how silly would it be to even think it's anything else? I already said I wasn't worried about dying in this game, because whenever I do end up dying, someone will go with me(lynch or kill).

Again, you don't see why I shouldn't, I don't see why I should. I'm going to be deliberately stubborn on this because I don't see why I should be revealing anything when I've already revealed more than the average player in this game and those pushing me for information have revealed very little. How about you guys start telling us about yourselves?

Yes, of course there's an in-story explanation for it, how silly would it be to even think it's anything else? I already said I wasn't worried about dying in this game, because whenever I do end up dying, someone will go with me(lynch or kill).

Because right now you're suspicious, and you haven't said anything that dispels that suspicion. You're the one that has to explain a suspicious power, not us, so why should we reveal stuff about ourselves at this point?

It's also funny how you keep stating things as if we're expected to accept them as facts without providing evidence. If you give me the explanation for the lynchbomb, it's entirely possible I'll believe you, but so far all you've done is make me more suspicious of you.

I'm pretty darned sure that Rummy is good. If he did what I think he did then there's no doubt.

Also, townie lynch bomb works mechanically. If anyone was going to cast the last vote on a townie surely it would be a mafia to make sure of the townie kill before someone withdraws their vote.

Vote: Rummy what's your character Rummy. Lynchbomb is suspicious and I've seen no explanation for why you have it. I think you're mafia.

Why not reveal your character?

I think you're holding back your character because it will make you look bad.

As Dannyboy says, you are suspicious and have done nothing (since suspicion was put on you) to dispell it. Yes you've revealed targets and your power but if you're mafia you'd have nothing to fear from doing so. Also with all of these redirectors you're too easily sabotaged by the mafia.

What additional damage will revealing your character do that revealing targets and power do not?

So I'm suspicious because I have a lynchbomb?

Ok then. Fuck everything else I've given you. I don't particularly care if you lynch me, because you're being stupid. I'll willingly and stubbornly die for it.

Also what did you get from the showers.

Why aren't you asking Danny what he got?

Funny thing is, I found Danny suspicious before this day, but the fact he revealed an actual fact about me(something I didn't deny, and could have if I was planning on hiding stuff), so now I don't so much.

You however? Constantly pushing me for information? Why has nobody else got any? Why have YOU not got any? You guys need to stop focusing on a nothing and actually do something.

Vote:The Peeps

I did ask Danny what he got. I assume it's the information he got about your lynchbomb and said as much.

I've also asked Jayseven to come forward with anything he has because all we've heard from him each day is 'I've got nothing'.

Sorry you're right. Lynchbombs are clear evidence of an innocent townie. How could I forget.

Yes. You are suspicious because you have a lynchbomb. ALSO you are suspicious because you won't reveal your character despite revealing everything else. I'll ask again, how much damage will it do to reveal your character that revealing targets and power has not already done?

I've been asking things all along but no one likes answering. You have valid suspicion on you Rummy and you're the current talking point. Why would I not pursue it? You have a lynchbomb, I don't know your character. I am suspicious of you. I have put a vote on.

How is that not logical?

and I'm just laughing at you putting a vote on me because I have one on you. You're suspicious and surely you can see why.

Ok then. Fuck everything else I've given you. I don't particularly care if you lynch me, because you're being stupid. I'll willingly and stubbornly die for it.

Why aren't you asking Danny what he got?

Funny thing is, I found Danny suspicious before this day, but the fact he revealed an actual fact about me(something I didn't deny, and could have if I was planning on hiding stuff), so now I don't so much.

You however? Constantly pushing me for information? Why has nobody else got any? Why have YOU not got any? You guys need to stop focusing on a nothing and actually do something.

Vote:The Peeps

I'm a bit tired of you always demanding that everyone gives out info and actively pursues leads, yet when you're the one having to give out info and you're the lead we're pursuing, you call us stupid and try to point attention in all other directions, acting as if it's obvious that we're wasting our time.

The fact of the matter is that you have a power that mafiosos are known to have more often than townies. If you are indeed town as you claim, it should be very easy and problem-free for you to explain why you have it, yet you refuse to, which leads me to believe you don't have a good explanation for it.

Sorry you're right. Lynchbombs are clear evidence of an innocent townie. How could I forget.

Nice false dichotomy. They aren't clear evidence of a guilty mafia, either.

Yes. You are suspicious because you have a lynchbomb. ALSO you are suspicious because you won't reveal your character despite revealing everything else. I'll ask again, how much damage will it do to reveal your character that revealing targets and power has not already done?

I've been asking things all along but no one likes answering. You have valid suspicion on you Rummy and you're the current talking point. Why would I not pursue it? You have a lynchbomb, I don't know your character. I am suspicious of you. I have put a vote on.

How is that not logical?

Same reasoning I had in the Gent's. When you were acting just like this. When you were mafia.

and I'm just laughing at you putting a vote on me because I have one on you. You're suspicious and surely you can see why.

The only suspicion on me is a lynchbomb, and it's perfectly viable either way.

My vote for you is because I believe from your actions, that you are mafia, not simply because you've voted for me.

I did ask Danny what he got. I assume it's the information he got about your lynchbomb and said as much.

You did? I must have missed it. The information I got on Rummy is from my non-targetting nightpower, not from the thing I picked up. The thing I picked up is one half of the M'Kraan Crystal (I assume the thing Rummy picked up is the other half), but I have no idea what it does, nor what it actually is, for that matter.

The only suspicion on me is a lynchbomb, and it's perfectly viable either way.

Then why not dispel the possibility that you're mafia by providing the explanation for why you have it? Right now the balance of probability is that you're mafia, but you could easily tip that balance, tet you don't. Why won't you reveal it? If you're town I don't see what you stand to lose.

By the way, this is nothing like the Gents' Mafia. In that, it was obvious you had a solid lead, and I was willing to follow it when you didn't want to reveal the exact nature of it. Besides, it wasn't just mafiosos who wanted you to reveal more in that game, so that argument doesn't hold water.

Then why not dispel the possibility that you're mafia by providing the explanation for why you have it? Right now the balance of probability is that you're mafia, but you could easily tip that balance, tet you don't. Why won't you reveal it? If you're town I don't see what you stand to lose.

How is there a balance of probability here? I still await this numbers, and how a lynchbomb isn't equally viable for both town and mafia.

By the way, this is nothing like the Gents' Mafia. In that, it was obvious you had a solid lead, and I was willing to follow it when you didn't want to reveal the exact nature of it. Besides, it wasn't just mafiosos who wanted you to reveal more in that game, so that argument doesn't hold water.

That was directed more to Peeps, and also not just a comparison.

Vote: Rummy

Too defensive over who you are,you've given everything important so why not give us this?

I've already said.

I also suspect these early voters may be mafia who think that the lynchbomb will be on the last vote, getting their votes in early to avoid it.

How is there a balance of probability here? I still await this numbers, and how a lynchbomb isn't equally viable for both town and mafia.

Lynchbombs are more often a mafioso power than a townie power, ergo it's statistically more likely that you are mafia. But statistics aside, why not just explain the reason for your lynchbomb? Why won't you reveal it? As a townie, what reason could you possibly have to keep it secret?

Nice false dichotomy. They aren't clear evidence of a guilty mafia, either.

What's your character Rummy? I agree that lynchbombs don't necessarily indicate mafia but it's still very shady.

Oh what's this? I've already made it clear that I don't think it's proof of mafia? Oh how strange.

It's not a nonentity though Rummy. We know you have a lynchbomb and it's more often a mafia trait than a townie (though I'll state again, I'm aware townies have had them). It's on you to prove that you're not mafia because as far as I'm concerned a lynchbomb is more likely to prove you're mafia than town. I voted to try and get some pressure on you and others are following because they agree.

I'll ask again, how much damage will it do to reveal your character that revealing targets and power has not already done?

I feel I've proved it already with all the information I've given and my actions.

With that, I'm done with this. However I die, someone else will. It's up to you guys to decide whether you really want to waste time on this path, just because I've not given you the smallest part of my information, completely disregarding the fact I've given you everything else.

I feel I've proved it already with all the information I've given and my actions.

With that, I'm done with this. However I die, someone else will. It's up to you guys to decide whether you really want to waste time on this path, just because I've not given you the smallest part of my information, completely disregarding the fact I've given you everything else.

What have you given us, and how does it prove you're town? The mafia typically has an info-gathering role or two, and they could easily give out this info to gain trust.

See, we can keep turnining probability on its head until we die, but fact is we can never know anything for certain in a mafia game, thus we have to follow the most likely suspicions. I don't get why you're being so stubborn about this when you can so very easily dispel all suspicion against you.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!