NEurope

cars2italy.jpg

Cars. The "worst" Pixar film as everyone says. It's not too bad but its not trying to be the same kind of film Up, TS3 etc are.

Saw Cars 2 yesterday and its pretty much the same thing - its trying to be fun, not an epic drama. The story is fairly weak in comparison to others but its amusing and beautifully made (the above doesn't even cover it) and has such tremendous attention to detail and lots of little jokes and references hidden away. Plus its a spy spoof. I love a good spy spoof so that really helps. Whereas the first was basically an ode to the slow down movement this is more action based and mixes the racing with the spy storyline.

Plus the Toy Story short attached before it is amazing.

What was the reason they made Cars 2? Was it to prove critics wrong or cos Disney told them to as the merchandising from Cars made them so much money? Or other (please specify).

I went to see Cars 2(D) on Thursday evening at the CityWalk Cineplex. I had no complaints about the first Cars and haven't really got any about the sequel. Well ok, Mater grated slightly and for some reason I wanted more racing scenes but the film was still great stuff - just good old fun viewing as Ashley says above. :cool:

Lol @ Brad Paisley being used for the credits.

The Toy Story short at the start was brilliant. :grin:

(Not to derail but the trailers before it were for the Muppets featuring Marshmallow and for the Smurfs featuring Barney/ Colonel Carl Jenkins. What kids films are the rest of HIMYM making? I was half expecting them to show up in Winnie the Pooh!)

What was the reason they made Cars 2? Was it to prove critics wrong or cos Disney told them to as the merchandising from Cars made them so much money? Or other (please specify).

They made it because John Lasseter is unreasonably obsessed with the universe he's created.

Though it probably doesn't hurt that the merchandise for the first Cars sold so well.

I might give Cars 2 a watch but not sure whether to go to the cinema or wait . I was pleasantly surprised by the first one, I put off watching it for years then I caught it on tv and enjoyed it! Glad you liked it though Ashley! I know you're a big pixar fan so I trust your judgement. I want to see the Toy Story short, that sounds ace :D

(Not to derail but the trailers before it were for the Muppets featuring Marshmallow and for the Smurfs featuring Barney/ Colonel Carl Jenkins. What kids films are the rest of HIMYM making? I was half expecting them to show up in Winnie the Pooh!)

Cobie Smulders is in The Avengers, Alyson Hannigan is in American Reunion and Josh whatshisface is doing an indie. Not sure if you count them as kids films though :p

They made it because John Lasseter is unreasonably obsessed with the universe he's created.

Though it probably doesn't hurt that the merchandise for the first Cars sold so well.

And because he had a story he wanted to tell and the opportunity to tell it ::shrug:

The idea for Finn McMissile was floated around the original but cut. He does claim that whenever they do a sequel they make sure it's a different story and so far that's been true so it gives me hopes for Monsters University and Toy Story 4 (which he pretty much confirmed).

I WILL BE SEEING THIS DAY ONE! :grin: (Unless I have work.) But like as soon as I can I am in. I pumped my nephew up for this the entire year and its gonna be a great event!

I love taking him to the pictures especially pixar.

I'm a big Cars fan, enjoyed the first greatly, got the bag. :p The animation quality in this looks brilliant so yeah I'm really looking forward to it.

I loved the first film. First Blue Ray i got for our HD telly. it looks awesome!

the second should be better!

I'm a big Cars fan, enjoyed the first greatly, got the bag. :p

He he, I like your cars bag! When you go see it post on here and let me know what you think! Just don't know if it's worth a cinema trip yet.