N-Europe

30 Minute Gamers Show - Pop your Listener Questions in here!

flameboy

So me and my good friend mike1988uk have been recording a weekly podcast for 5 weeks now and its been going reasonable well. Good download/listener numbers and lots of positive feedback. We are very keen to take our show to the next level and build on this modest (but impressive personally) start, with some more involvement from our audience.

So with this in mind this thread is intended as the next roll out of our podcast to the N-Europe community with the intention being that more and more questions come in as the weeks go on and we can use it as a regular feature.

What the hell is the 30 Minute Gamers Show I hear you ask?

There are many long form videogame podcasts and with modern life being so hectic for many of us I wanted to create a podcast that wasn't quite the time commitment that other podcasts demand. So its a quick fire 2 topics plus a few other bits and then we are done for the week.

You can find us over at our site:

http://30minutegamers.podomatic.com/

via itunes by searching for 30 minute gamers show or subscribe via rss feed: http://30minutegamers.podomatic.com/

So please bung your questions in here, anything related to gaming and even the odd off topic questions are very welcome! We are recording our next episode tonight and would love to get your questions ready for then.

"I was sick and I watched all Ninja Turtles back-to-back!"

*silence*

"Are you a fan of the films, Mike?"

"Not REEEAAAALLLY!"

hahaha, had me laughing! I've never seen them really. Great show guys! Okay, here's my question:

If you had the chance to burn every copy of any game because of it's shittiness, which would it be?

My answer to that question is Charlie's Angels...just....just no! Worst. Game. Ever!

I also have a question, how are you guys doing this? I was thinking of doing my own podcast with my mate about random stuff (it's random right now) but unsure. Do you guys record through Skype or something?

Edited by Animal

"I was sick and I watched all Ninja Turtles back-to-back!"

*silence*

"Are you a fan of the films, Mike?"

"Not REEEAAAALLLY!"

hahaha, had me laughing! I've never seen them really. Great show guys! Okay, here's my question:

If you had the chance to burn every copy of any game because of it's shittiness, which would it be?

My answer to that question is Charlie's Angels...just....just no! Worst. Game. Ever!

I also have a question, how are you guys doing this? I was thinking of doing my own podcast with my mate about random stuff (it's random right now) but unsure. Do you guys record through Skype or something?

Thanks for the question! Yes we do indeed record through skype. The best way though to be honest is to record your own order and then splice the two together. This means your getting much higher audio quality. However due to me being in canada for a month soon we have not yet employed that method because I won't have access to being able to record as easily. Although fear not the podcast will live on!

I think personally skype recording wise we have come a long way (in a short time) since our 1st episode and there are work arounds for some of its problems. You get the occasional sound glitch which means either re-recording it or editing.

Finally thanks for the question...you can expect to hear our reply today or tomorrow when the episode goes live!

Please keep your questions coming in.

Its ok lol it was kinda funny.

We are now moving forward with a few new ideas. The first being Sometimes 30 Minutes isn't enough... a chance to provide some editorial pieces that support the views and opinions we give in our podcast.

The first such piece can be found discussing Zelda as there was a heavy focus on the franchise in Episode 4. Got a few other ideas for stuff thats going to build on Episode 5. So head over here at:

http://30minutegamers.tumblr.com/

become a follower and please repost to help our content reach more people. It's kinda rough first piece of games writing I've done for a very very long time but its out there.

Edited by flameboy

I think I'm going to have a go at this podcasting lark, it sounds like a right laugh. We'd talk about shite though, haha. I hope you listen to mine when if it's ever released, pmsl.

Also, I have another question:

If you could bring a gaming character to life, who would it be and what would his behaviour be in real life? (e.g. Would Sonic start stealing gold rings from jewellery shops? Would Marcus Fenix be a lumberjack and start cutting down trees with his lancer? etc)

I think I'm going to have a go at this podcasting lark, it sounds like a right laugh. We'd talk about shite though, haha. I hope you listen to mine when if it's ever released, pmsl.

Also, I have another question:

If you could bring a gaming character to life, who would it be and what would his behaviour be in real life? (e.g. Would Sonic start stealing gold rings from jewellery shops? Would Marcus Fenix be a lumberjack and start cutting down trees with his lancer? etc)

thanks for your continuing support and also questions. Not that I'm a pro or anything but any help I can give I'd happily help out. What you plan on talking about? Games or just randomness?

thanks for your continuing support and also questions. Not that I'm a pro or anything but any help I can give I'd happily help out. What you plan on talking about? Games or just randomness?

Just randomness really. We like a bit of everything and we both kind of have different tastes to each other so we're thinking it could be either a fun thing or you'll be hearing us arguing on mic, haha. I'm hoping for it to be 30-45 minutes. The trouble is, because we're on about random stuff, we don't know whether 45 minutes would be too long or even 30 minutes. What would you guys suggest?

Also, I have another question if you don't mind and it's something I asked my mates last night:

If you could punch any game character in the face, who would it be and why?

Just randomness really. We like a bit of everything and we both kind of have different tastes to each other so we're thinking it could be either a fun thing or you'll be hearing us arguing on mic, haha. I'm hoping for it to be 30-45 minutes. The trouble is, because we're on about random stuff, we don't know whether 45 minutes would be too long or even 30 minutes. What would you guys suggest?

Also, I have another question if you don't mind and it's something I asked my mates last night:

If you could punch any game character in the face, who would it be and why?

I'd say aim for that 30-45 mins. It's a good length. If your struggling one week to go to 45 mins you need to realise when to draw things to a close rather than drag it out.

SOunds like it would be good. I like a good podcast with conflict lol!

I'd say aim for that 30-45 mins. It's a good length. If your struggling one week to go to 45 mins you need to realise when to draw things to a close rather than drag it out.

SOunds like it would be good. I like a good podcast with conflict lol!

Yeah, we recorded it and the total was about an hour, pmsl. It was just a practice run anyway but it does prove we can talk about shit for well over an hour and not get bored, hahaha.

Yeah, we recorded it and the total was about an hour, pmsl. It was just a practice run anyway but it does prove we can talk about shit for well over an hour and not get bored, hahaha.

coool...you do it over skype? would be interested to hear it.

coool...you do it over skype? would be interested to hear it.

Nah, I went to his house because he has a faster computer and a better mic than me and we just talked about bullshit, haha. It's kind of cringing to hear it back and we realise it's a little rough round the edges but it's funny and we think the next show should be our Pilot.

However, if he's still kept it, I'll send it on here for youse to listen to but in our pilot, we may possibly be talking about the same things again but probably in a different light or something.

Nah, I went to his house because he has a faster computer and a better mic than me and we just talked about bullshit, haha. It's kind of cringing to hear it back and we realise it's a little rough round the edges but it's funny and we think the next show should be our Pilot.

However, if he's still kept it, I'll send it on here for youse to listen to but in our pilot, we may possibly be talking about the same things again but probably in a different light or something.

ah right ok I hear ya! Look forward to listening.

No audio question from me this week I am afraid, so I will stick it in here.

"Hello thirty minute gamers show. It is Michael and Prov Donk here. We have a joint question today. The worlds gaming fanbase are collectively looking forward to GTA5...or rather...quietly anticipating its reveal. However with the release of III and its spinoffs and IV and its sequels, what can be done in GTA5 to separate it from its previous iterations? Should it be more open gameplay wise, so you can choose to become a big time drug baron, or maybe you want to setup a huge used car dealership (and obviously steal and adjust stock to make it sellable) or whatever?"

No audio question from me this week I am afraid, so I will stick it in here.

"Hello thirty minute gamers show. It is Michael and Prov Donk here. We have a joint question today. The worlds gaming fanbase are collectively looking forward to GTA5...or rather...quietly anticipating its reveal. However with the release of III and its spinoffs and IV and its sequels, what can be done in GTA5 to separate it from its previous iterations? Should it be more open gameplay wise, so you can choose to become a big time drug baron, or maybe you want to setup a huge used car dealership (and obviously steal and adjust stock to make it sellable) or whatever?"

BOOOOOOOOO! Only kidding no worries thank you for the question.

Episode 6 - Red Light, yellow light...the colour of death.

Join us as we discuss faulty consoles, explore the mental collectibles of Donkey Kong 64. Our second discussion point of the evening sees us get topical with the news of PSN Pass being a real actual thing that Sony are trying to do. Finally we round off with some listener questions, apologies if we didn't get to yours we will do in good time! Contact us via twitter @flameboy84 and @mike1988uk and via our Facebook group!

is now available to download from the usual places. Itunes, Zune Marketplace and via RSS feed and of course our home page:

http://30minutegamers.podomatic.com/

Please leave any feedback or questions in this thread!

That was a great episode, I'd say the best yet in terms of discussion points!

2 Huge topics that have pissed off gamers in this generation, which we've rarely seen in past generations. Consoles were built to last before, and as you mentioned when you were playing your retro consoles, My NES, SNES, Master System all work perfectly.

And good argument on why developers are charging for online features in their games, I Guess I didn't look at it the way you did comparing it to other media types getting additional money via royalties and such.

really good episode!

Edited by Murr