N-Europe

In need of a good RTS

mike-zim

Yeah, take everyone elses reccommendations if you like the generic create as many units as you can and then send them en mass to your oponents base type of RTS which was outdated the very day Company of Heroes came out.

So, I guess you don't like Starcraft 2. Don't know why, but somehow I get the impression... :p I also understand you have never played Starcraft 2 long enough to realize that's very, very far from the truth. Amassing units works as badly or as well as in CoH.

Everything in the world of warfare is available to you, and its perfectly balanced.

Ooooook... Seriously, I stopped frequenting the official Relic forums a long time ago. But from what I can vividly remember what drove most discussions, their balancing was a complete and utter mess. Even to the point where they had bugs that completely broke the balance. It seemed worse for DoW, but CoH wasn't free of such problems. It didn't help, that Relic took ages to release patches, that seemed to mess up more than they fixed. It wasn't helpful either to introduce new factions that screwed up the balance every year. Though that was admittedly more of a DoW problem, as CoH only ever had 2 factions added in the first add on iirc.

That said, at the price you can get CoH for today, it can't hurt to play it. It definitely has a lot of "omph". ;)

Edited by Burny

Just caught a video review of CoH - looks strategic, but I've always hated ww2 settings. And with RTS there's no deal of middle ground between an ancient setting and a sci-fi alien setting: why is it so hard to make a modern RTS?

All the American "patriots" are making FPS'?

All this raving about CoH, the name sounds familiar. *Rummages through closet* It seems I was given this game once for my birthday and have never played it. Might play it some day. Soon because of such raving. Starcraft two also sounds interesting. Haven't played an RTS in a while.

Just wondering, who here owns Starcraft 2, so far I've got Dyson and Dan Dare.

I was thinking maybe we could get a tournament going?

All this raving about CoH, the name sounds familiar. *Rummages through closet* It seems I was given this game once for my birthday and have never played it. Might play it some day. Soon because of such raving. Starcraft two also sounds interesting. Haven't played an RTS in a while.

Starcraft 2 is really good, but you need to play it a lot, if you want to do OK online.

Also this game will make you rage, especially online.

This thread is a freaking disappointment....

The title you were all trying to say was Dawn of War, particularly DoW, DoW Winter Assault, DoW Dark Crusade (best of the originals) or DoW II: Retribution.

And remember, DoW and CoH were both crafted by Relic.

Also, SC2 blows, but that's just my opinion.