N-Europe

Dillon's Rolling Western

daftada

Not defending the price, or slagging the amazing Pullblox, but Bill Trinen mentioned in the Nintendo Direct the other day that The Rolling Western has a good 20h of content packed into it. If true, thats not too shabby at all for a downloadable game. :)
Yeah, I saw that too. But I've spent 20+ hours on both Pullblox and Freakyforms, which were priced at ?5.40. icon14.gif

So I'd still be paying more for a similar amount of content/play-time if I were to buy Dillon's Rolling Western. ::shrug:

Also, it seems like the kind of game that you'd play through once and that's it, whereas Pullblox and Freakyforms have pretty much infinite replay value. ;)

Speaking as someone who has happily paid ?12 for a downloadable game and loved every minute of it, I don't consider myself particularly tight, but I agree with those who think the price for this is just a little bit steep. The key is impulse buying. This game looks quite experimental and so no one really knows how much they'll like it. ?5 is just right for an impulse buy, but ?9 is just that bit much more off-putting. Some downloadable games are most definitely worth ?9 or more (perhaps including this one), but personally, I need to experience the "must have" feeling to spend that much on this type of download.

This is spot on.

I'm not keen on TD games so having a demo of this would have given me the oppertunity to see whther I would splash the cash or not. As it stands it's a bit of a risk dropping ?10 on a game that I may not like. I may do it eventually, once more reviews/impressions are out, but at the moment it's a no no.