NEurope
daftada

Zelda's 25th Anniversary!

Need to check what time my train is booked for, booked it ages ago. I finish work at 9 so I can check later.

[edit] I can meet you in Hammersmith at around 5?

I'm unable to check at the moment, but how far away is that from St. Pancras?

It's the other end of the Picadilly Line but the HMV Apollo is a stone's throw away from the station.

unlednsw.png

In other words about 30 minutes.

"The other end of the Pic", do you realise it takes 1:30 to get from Heathrow to Leicester Square, yet alone Cockfosters? :heh:

I said the other end of the Picadilly line, which it is. It was just for reference. I know it's not far, did I mention I used to live there? :p

It's the other end of the Picadilly Line but the HMV Apollo is a stone's throw away from the station.

unlednsw.png

Oki then, Hammersmith at 5.

Time to buy tickets!

THERE FUCKING BETTER BE!

I'M NOT PAYING £60 QUID EXTRA FOR JUST A FUCKING LANYARD.

Surely there's more to it than that - that's really going to spoil my night.

Looks like thats all there is, £60 extra for a better seat and a lanyard, and not even the chance to meet kondo or anouma very poor imohttp://www.destructoid.com/blogs/crackedbat/zelda-25th-anniversary-concert-review-214293.phtml

The Bad

-VIP Meet & Greet-

Right after the concert was announced, it was also announced that there would be 200 or so VIP tickets that would be sold. These tickets would get you a special item and a meet and greet with a special guest. Seeing as this is in the bad section, you can tell it did not go so well. First of all, our special item was a lanyard for Skyward Sword and a VIP pass. That was it. As for the meet and greet, you'd think with Aonuma and Kondo being there, they would be at the meet and greet. Nope. Instead we got the conductor (which was nice), Chad Seiter (who helped with the arrangements) and the producer for the event (whose name I believe is Jason Michael Paul). Obviously it was a big disappointment, only made more disappointing by the fact that we had to wait in line for this crappy meet and greet.

-Merchandise-

So the merchandise for the event was two anniversary t-shirts (white and black) and three anniversary posters, two of which were amazing. It was obvious the company in charge of this part of the event came woefully unprepared. There was one credit card reader. Before the show, during intermission and after the show, the line was 100+ strong and moved at a snails pace. They also ran out of stuff. First they ran out fo the black shirts, then the white shirts, then the poster of 25 years of Link. I ended up getting a Wind Waker poster (which I really wanted). I had to wait until more than an hour after the show was over to get it though, because the line was too damn long.

All-in-all, it was a great night of music, and that's really what it should have been. Everything that was the concert or the demo's sucked and I now know that if the tour hit the Pantages again next year, I can skip out on the VIP tickets and hit the cheap balcony seats. Because all that matters here is the music, and it was spectacular.

Edited by yesteryeargames

Horseshit, I'll demand my money back.

Lets hope things are better in London :s, you would think they would have at least given the VIP ticket holders a free t shirt and a poster that they are selling at the show.

And to think the meet and greet was a complete waste of time by the sounds of it, with Kondo and Anouma at the show and not staying to meet the fans is very poor.oh well least now we know what to expect :(

The fact is, for £60 more you expect satisfaction resembling getting a blowjob. There is no way in hell they can justify a fucking lanyard costing sixty quid.

Taken from the website:

Exclusive VIP tickets are available at the £100.00 price on a first come, first serve basis. This package is for the ultimate Zelda fan and includes premium orchestra section seating plus a post-concert Meet and Greet, autograph session and photo opportunity with the conductor, producers of the show, as well as exclusive memorabilia.

I'm getting anxious now.

Seems pretty set in stone the posted lanyard will be what VIP ticket holders are getting. Seriously poor show from Nintendo, but the VIP tickets were always a blind buy with no clarification on what would be provided. You guys were just hoping Nintendo would give you something amazing, which they haven't.

Facts are the summary of what's included does state it's a meet and greet with the producers and conductor, not Japanese men from a distant land. A lanyard as exclusive memorabilia is terrible though. I'll just buy mine for a tenner on eBay.

I'd want a refund too. Good luck getting one.

Yes but the fact that koji kondo and eiji aonuma were at the show and didnt stay the whole time for the meet and greet.

Ive just read this

from that nintenogirlsite

"Just the meet and greet. In theory it was Eiji Aonuma and Koji Kondo along with the conductor and those who helped make the production, however I was told that the first two ducked out early.

Oh don’t worry, unless you actually got in line after the concert right away, you only got to meet the conductor and those responsible for the production of the show. Koji Kondo and Mr. Aonuma booked out early after only about half the folks in line got to meet them I’m told."

"Apparently they "really wanted" to stay and sign, but were "overwhelmed by all the fans support" and had to leave. Those who actually worked on creating the concert in America (composer, producer and director I believe) were doing autographs".

wtf how much a middle finger is that to the other half of the fans who waited in line and paid for vip tickets ! i wont get my hopes up with that sort of attitude i doubt they will even bother to fly to the UK.

Facts are the summary of what's included does state it's a meet and greet with the producers and conductor, not Japanese men from a distant land. A lanyard as exclusive memorabilia is terrible though. I'll just buy mine for a tenner on eBay.

I'd want a refund too. Good luck getting one.

I really wasn't fussed at all about Aonuma or Kondo being there, it was never fortold.

There really has to be more, otherwise I'm taking as many posters as I can find off the walls.

Found some videos of the US concert for people like me who aren't going to the concert, I'll spoiler them for people who are going:

Sounds amazingly good.

Edited by Ike
Typo fixes

Taken from the website:

Exclusive VIP tickets are available at the £100.00 price on a first come, first serve basis. This package is for the ultimate Zelda fan and includes premium orchestra section seating plus a post-concert Meet and Greet, autograph session and photo opportunity with the conductor, producers of the show, as well as exclusive memorabilia.

That's the crux of the issue for me. This package is for the ultimate Zelda fan and no matter how nice the conductor and producers are, they're not 'Zelda'. Although it would be nice to meet some key Zelda staff, that's not promised but the term 'exclusive' memorabilia implies something really special. For £60.00 I expect Miyamoto, Aonuma and Kondo to have signed a limited edition CD or even pre-release copy of Skyward Sword itself - to me, that sounds like a no brainer. A 'history of Zelda' book? Some exclusive fucking SpotPass content? I don't think that's actually too much to ask.

If the UK symphony mirrors the US, I'll be having those buggers on BBC Watchdog.

anne+robinson.jpg

You have been warned.

Ah Nintendo fans. Spelling doom before something even happens :heh:

Cant see them treating one set of vip ticket buyers in one way, then 4 days later being completely different. And an inside source suggest the same. We can hope the special guests stay for the full meet and greet. I'd love to be wrong though.

Feeling better about deciding against the VIP tickets now :grin: I really thought I was going to miss out on some cool Zelda memorabilia. Glad I'm not!