N-Europe

30 Minute Gamers Podcast

flameboy

So me and my good friend mike1988uk have gone and recorded the first episode of our podcast venture. Please give it a listen, subscribe and all that jazz. Would very much like your feedback moving forward so we can make this show something resembling a success.

The premise is 30 mins quick chat podcast (before anyone calls us out yes we over ran but its our first try) please go easy some of the editing isn't up to scratch and the recording dips in and out, we also lost about 20 mins of recording due to technical errors on my part, but we will find solutions to all this as we go along. If anyone wants to lend a hand or anything then please send mike or myself a message.

Our podcast page is here:

http://30minutegamers.podomatic.com/

where you can find such delights as the rss feed and itunes links.

web player is here:

http://30minutegamers.podomatic.com/player/web/2011-06-01T18_02_49-07_00

Edited by flameboy

Good stuff lads. Nice chemistry.

(My single criticism is that it is a touch quiet)

Cheers Rez!

Thanks for the feedback, I have just listened to it back then and i do sound very quiet at times! :hmm:

I shall have to try and improve it for next week!

Just listened to it lads, and for a first time podcast, it's good, it certainly passed 30(6) minutes at work :p

Only slight criticism was the Dr Who segment, nothing against the show or it's fans, but for a podcast called 30 minute gamer, I'd of thought Dr Who part would of been brief and then move onto another gaming topic.

but other than that really great. need a bit of volume on Mike's end I think...

Mike.... seriously... haven't played KoToR or Manhunt?? follow the advice given by Flameboy and get yourself a copy of KoToR and dedicate some time to it, really is something special.

I also found it pretty amusing when Mike had something he didn't like admitting to he'd whisper it.

On the subject of N64 games, they generally are still to this day expensive depending on what game your after, so not alot changed there.

lastly... I liked the iPhone alarm sound at the end to signal the end of the podcast :)

looking forward to hearing your e3 coverage podcast, and to be honest, I think given the size of the event this year you'd be forgiven if it over-ran the 30 minute mark.

good work guys.

Edited by Murr

Good stuff lads. Nice chemistry.

(My single criticism is that it is a touch quiet)

Yup ok thanks we will have things in place to combat the volume next week. Mike has a "new" headset. Which does mean the mystery of how he recorded this episode shall remain a secret

Just listened to it lads, and for a first time podcast, it's good, it certainly passed 30(6) minutes at work :p

Only slight criticism was the Dr Who segment, nothing against the show or it's fans, but for a podcast called 30 minute gamer, I'd of thought Dr Who part would of been brief and then move onto another gaming topic.

Mike.... seriously... haven't played KoToR or Manhunt?? follow the advice given by Flameboy and get yourself a copy of KoToR and dedicate some time to it, really is something special.

I also found it pretty amusing when Mike had something he didn't like admitting to he'd whisper it.

On the subject of N64 games, they generally are still to this day expensive depending on what game your after, so not alot changed there.

lastly... I liked the iPhone alarm sound at the end to signal the end of the podcast :)

looking forward to hearing your e3 coverage podcast, and to be honest, I think given the size of the event this year you'd be forgiven if it over-ran the 30 minute mark.

good work guys.

Thanks for all the feedback all fair and will be taken on board going forward. I think the doctor who was more because we wanted to talk about it but that is fair. Got a few ideas later down the line to maybe separate that as such.

As for the 30 minute mark I think next week we are going to record two episodes to combat that problem. I'm keen not to overrun too much at the start and keep around that 30 minute markish to instill the show concept etc...

good work guys.

Yeah good feedback and we are discussing things and taking stuff onboard, thanks! :) I have already found a headset so sound on my end should be better next time, i didn't realise how quiet i was coming out until i listened back to it myself once it was posted.

And i know i know i have missed out on some games, then can go on my 'to buy sometime list' which just seems to be growing!! I'm a bad bad person...

Edited by Mike1988uk

I just wanted to bop on here and say thanks for everyones feedback and also thanks for all the downloads. The shows been a success! I'd ask you all to please subscribe via whatever means you use! We will continue to improve over time and already got some ideas to step up.

Also if anyone has listener questions please post them in here. We would love to get this community involved.

You should do like a Q&A section some times, like maybe people on the forum or other forums, or on your feed back section can ask you questions on games / stories in the news and you can give your opinion on them?

just a thought. doesn't have to be an integral feature, but if your short for space you could use that as a 5 minute filler.?

You should do like a Q&A section some times, like maybe people on the forum or other forums, or on your feed back section can ask you questions on games / stories in the news and you can give your opinion on them?

just a thought. doesn't have to be an integral feature, but if your short for space you could use that as a 5 minute filler.?

It's as if you knew why I was asking for questions! :hug:

Yes would love a Q & A section! I'm thinking of using the forums for E3 comments and such like as well.

Havent given it a listen yet but I do plan to.

Got one question though. Why did you decide to limit yourself to a 30 minute show? Not that 30 minutes is a bad amount of time but it just seems odd to allocate yourself a set time for each show, limitting potential conversation etc.

It's as if you knew why I was asking for questions! :hug:

Yes would love a Q & A section! I'm thinking of using the forums for E3 comments and such like as well.

You could have a pretty killer Q&A session after e3. There will be alot of talking points from it this year.

Havent given it a listen yet but I do plan to.

Got one question though. Why did you decide to limit yourself to a 30 minute show? Not that 30 minutes is a bad amount of time but it just seems odd to allocate yourself a set time for each show, limiting potential conversation etc.

I do sort of explain it a bit but maybe not all that well in the show. Theres tons of long form podcasts out there and wanted to do something different more immediate, quicks bursts and such. Something that reflects the fast changing nature of the industry. I personally have a lot of time taken up with my full time teaching job and uni so only having to take up half an hour out of a hectic schedule is part of the whole idea as well.

Also kinda liked the name. Plus I'm still kinda learning at editing its something I've been sort of able to do but wanna improve my skills so only having 30 mins is a good managable amount.

Maybe one day we will move away from the 30 min format or have another show but for now I hope it will work as it is.

You could have a pretty killer Q&A session after e3. There will be alot of talking points from it this year.

Yep! You seem interested so please feel free to get the ball following with questions whenever you want:)

Yep! You seem interested so please feel free to get the ball following with questions whenever you want:)

You covered the basics of e3 in your 1st podcast with regards of who you expect to have the best conference and such, but once we've seen the reveal, and the surprises from Nintendo, Sony & Microsoft i'll put some forward to you ;)

You covered the basics of e3 in your 1st podcast with regards of who you expect to have the best conference and such, but once we've seen the reveal, and the surprises from Nintendo, Sony & Microsoft i'll put some forward to you ;)

ok cool I look forward to hearing from you!

Another good episode.

The ending came out of nowhere lol.

I agree with a lot of what you said about E3. Especially the golf ball. Whut.

Mate if you want to submit your audio question we are planning on recording on Thursday night.

Thanks again for all those who have downloaded the show we are seeing very healthy figures :bouncy: