NEurope

The visual gag is great, but the video drags on for FAR too long without going anywhere while instead trying to be controversial. The problem is that it just doesn't really work as a joke when the punchline has already been delivered. The dead babies jokes from the latest CR worked because the amazingly controversial nature of it was the punchline. This video gives us the punchline at once and then just tries to be "raunchy". It would have worked much better if the video had dealt with the everyday issues of having such a mouth - there are plenty of opportunities for more visual gags and some slapstick comedy there.

Very much agree with this actually. I did that clip originally for a potential Sorry Mum 2 but kinda lost interest with it as it definitely needs something else. Yeah you're right, the joke is at the start and then there's not much after. Kinda thought it was alright for the videobin though. I reckon it's gonna end up being a bit more experimental than our other efforts which should hopefully encourage us all to do moar content. I've quit so many video ideas mid way because something wasn't quite right it's crazy. Also with us doing one sketch idea per video it'll give us more time to expand ideas. I always found it hard to do something interesting and punchy for CR so hopefully I'll have more luck here :)

The thing is with those kind of ideas is that - if they weren't "overdone" (I can see where you're both coming from with that, but as I said, I think it hit a few beats along the way which helped) but if some of these things aren't "overdone" then....they basically wouldn't be done at all.

I'm not wording it well but basically - the Cock Mouth idea - there is not really a way to shorten it. Or rather....it would take a hell of a lot to create a clip that has that as the punchline. And in doing that I think it would lose some. So yeah I think it worked.

The thing is with those kind of ideas is that - if they weren't "overdone" (I can see where you're both coming from with that, but as I said, I think it hit a few beats along the way which helped) but if some of these things aren't "overdone" then....they basically wouldn't be done at all.

I'm not wording it well but basically - the Cock Mouth idea - there is not really a way to shorten it. Or rather....it would take a hell of a lot to create a clip that has that as the punchline. And in doing that I think it would lose some. So yeah I think it worked.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean. I don't see any problem with it being overdone, but I don't think the delivery works. The main punchline is still the mouth, and it's there from the start, and the rest of the video, while containing some jokes (your mileage may vary on them, though), ultimately feels more like the lead-up, as if the joke was told in reverse.

Basically I think the joke was great, but the structure let it down. You're right, it would've been difficult to make a video solely with the mouth as the punchline, which is why I suggested some slapstick and visual gags as a consequence of his condition.

Then again, it seems to come down to tastes. While I love black comedy, it needs to be delivered well. I can't tell you why the additional jokes in the video didn't seem funny to me, as I simply don't know, which I why I can only really say what I think would have worked for me instead. So yeah, the constructiveness of my criticism only extends so far. :heh:

Anyway, I think it's great that you guys are experimenting and trying out different things. You're bound to stumble upon some great stuff along the way. :)

Wasn't it supposed to be a parody of interviews with victims that some shows do? I thought it worked quite well. Wouldn't have made sense to be shorter. He was describing the whole experience.

I lol'd genuinely at 'is quite clearly a victim of rape' - as though what happened to his face is a famous thing rape victims get. I love.

Me: "Woah, did you hear that there is a new VideoBin video out?!"

You: "OMG NO WAY I FREAKIN' <3 THE VIDEOBINS!!"

Me: "Yeah, you can watch it right here:

"

You: "FUCK YES! I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS MOMENT SINCE A WHOLE THREE DAYS AGO WHEN THE LAST VIDEO WAS RELEASED!!!! But I wish there were an easier way to watch it. I really cba clicking a link..."

Me: "There is...

"

Very peculiar. :heh: I didn't find it laugh-out-loud funny, but there's just something about the akward, awkward character that's very hard not to love. :D

I felt it had a couple of kickers in there personally. Like when you find out how many cocks were in his mouth, and then the jizzing and choking made me extra chuckle.

I know I'm late to this party here but that's exactly where the video should've ended. At that point it had reached the "going on slightly too long" thing that makes something funny. Then suddenly the joke is just explained, like... in case you were too stupid to figure it out, "my mouth has never been the same again". No shit! It should've faded out after the choking line. Going further than that was comedy failure tbf.

Btw I love the "Videobin" voice at the beginning of the clips.

Edit: just watched that latest video above and it has a similar problem. I actually thought it was pretty funny, and a great character, and laughed a lot at the post box. Then it went steeply downhill. The outside parts almost seemed like he was coming out of character and were perhaps improvised. The cat bit was forced and lame. Everything prior to the post box was lols though.

Edited by Shorty

Just watched that latest video above and it has a similar problem. I actually thought it was pretty funny, and a great character, and laughed a lot at the post box. Then it went steeply downhill.

I agree again but that was the other sketch that I filmed and abandoned from the potential Sorry Mum Episode 2. Also in that context I would have had other sketches in between clips of Daniel Crawford so it wouldn't have been as much all in one go. I'm also glad only the outside bits seemed improvised as it was practically all improvised, I just had more time to film a few takes of the inside parts as it wasn't as awkward to do solo and it also wasn't as freaking cold! (Filmed it on spur of the moment in January time :s)

That is freaking creepily awesome. I love the expression of horror on the kids face at the end.

I liked the titanic one. Made me smile.

The Bieber one is just weird. Although you punching yourself was enjoyable. I'd like to see more of that.

Bieber was funny. It did make me laugh out loud when you punched yourself in the face :D

The punch yourself in the face effect was great. :D

I'm pretty neutral towards Bieber, so the concept didn't really do anything for me. But your attempt at a movie trailer was pretty decent, especially when mixed with your zaniness. :D

Not sure if anyone will properly get this....its a bit "......." and is a reference to a YouTube thing. Still. Its free, so you're not paying for it. Kind of.

Not sure if anyone will properly get this....its a bit "......." and is a reference to a YouTube thing. Still. Its free, so you're not paying for it. Kind of.

"This video has been removed by the user".

Build me up to let me down, man! :shakehead

I shall wait excitedly for you to explain why unless you take the form of NOA and simply ignore this thread from now on.

It's ok, we have Kirby's Epic Yarn.

But yeah, I watch many 'YouTube Celebrities', it must be the teenage girl inside of me screaming out of my Justin Bieber wannabe exterior, so the title alone got me more hot under the collar than that time I thought Donkey Kong Racing was going to be released on GameCube.

Yeah. Aggghhhh. Had a problem with the sound (i.e. trying to add one sound effect and for some reason it wasn't appearing in the video) gonna try again tomorrow morning. :D

While I thought to myself, "He's dragging it out," I realised I was constantly laughing at your "SUB POR SUB" voice over, so it was actually pretty hilarious! :p (Didn't quite "get" the punch at the end, though.)