NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Cookyman

Dirt 3

Can't get over how gorgeous this game is - it's such a polished title too.

Truly a thing of beauty

Just remembered another niggle I have with the game. The way it rewards you with extra reputation for using the latest car. I'd much prefer to be able to choose whichever car is my favourite, not be almost forced to choose the latest.

I realise it's to make you try other cars, but why? I always try a new car when I unlock it, then I decide whether or not it's better than the previous ones. In this the cars are just tools to get the job done. I'd much prefer if there was some sort of attachment to the car you're in.

I'd love to see a rally game where you actually pick a team and stick with it, only changing when you move to a new class or season or whatever. You'd have to build up reputation to encourage other teams to accept you. Each team could have different stats for each discipline. For example: One team could have an awesome rally car, but their gymkhana car would be below average.

In this, it just seems like any hints of a racing team are only there to have more paint schemes and make it seem like there's more vehicles than there actually are.

That said though, I still love the game. The handling, especially with the wheel, is just about right for me.

Ok, complete noobish question alert. I'm a little confused over the BHP of cars. What are the benefits of low and high BHP? Is it really as simple as one can reach a higher top speed than the other...

I got an even more stupid question!

What happened to the Collin McRea subtitle? They seem to have removed it from the title this year :(

They probably dropped it because he's been dead for nearly four years. Can't keep it around forever if he's not racing anymore. :hmm:

Plus, according to Wikipedia, none of the Dirt games have had the 'Colin McRae' tag in the US, so dropping it worldwide at this point makes sense.

Ok, complete noobish question alert. I'm a little confused over the BHP of cars. What are the benefits of low and high BHP? Is it really as simple as one can reach a higher top speed than the other...

I don't currently own the game but I'm assuming BHP is "Break Horse Power", which is a measure of how powerful the engine is. Obviously you'll want to balance that up against how heavy the vehicle is and what you want to use it for.

From what i can work out, since you can't see actual car stats, is the lower the horse power you'll probably find the handling of the car will be lighter, better in corners etc. Also obvioulsy a lesser weight helps with handling as well.

So avoid that H2 Hummer with a gazzilion horse power but weighs 600 tons

Horse power is how powerful the engine is. Bigger number is more powerful.

Depending on gear ratios, that power can either be used to improve acceleration, top speed or a certain degree of both.

Basically you want high BHP, low weight. Although lighter cars tend to be a bit more twitchy, so whilst they'll be faster, they'll also be harder to control.

Cheers guys that's helped a lot. I seem to see that when I play online everyone goes for the highest BHP car there. I like to try different cars though but was unsure if there was a point if that's all you needed. Now I know better :)

Viper you fancy doing some duel races against each other, same goes for you as well goafer if you have it for the xbox or anyone else who has it for the xbox, if there is four of us we can have a little tourney :)

I've got it on the PS3 unfortunately. Still can't get online with the bloody thing. Can't redeem my VIP pass deeley.

I hope to God that the guy shuts up about "Sup brah man dude brah amigo brah man dude, you should upload that to YooToob! Brahmax dudewin homeslice. Rad" once I do finally upload something to "YooToob".

I've got it on the PS3 unfortunately. Still can't get online with the bloody thing. Can't redeem my VIP pass deeley.

I hope to God that the guy shuts up about "Sup brah man dude brah amigo brah man dude, you should upload that to YooToob! Brahmax dudewin homeslice. Rad" once I do finally upload something to "YooToob".

He doesn't

:bouncy:

Nice. I think if I did a montage it'd just be a series of crashes. What views do you guys use? I just stick with the standard behind the car one. Experimented a little with the drivers view but I just couldn't guage corners or anything.

Sign in to follow this