NEurope

I'm not so we ever had a beyonce thread. Nothing came up on search anyway. I'm also not sure, we have all that many fans. I wouldn't even consider myself one.. But heck I feel like discussing/ ranting about her anyway( Why did I suddenly get back into pop?)

Ok So the Video for girls has been posted on Perez(can't find a youtube link yet)

Beyonce: Run the world( girls)

What are your impressions of herself and the new songs?

My opinions:

Not good... Not good as a first single and very samey.. See I took issue with single ladies when it was out.. I thought it was a tragically bad song, before it was even released and couldn't understand why she released it before "sweet dreams" but turns out I was wrong.

But I think this feminism bullshit has to stop right now. I don't even think her fans are buying it. There's that and I feel we have newer generation stars now and songs like this feel horribly "dated" whereas Lady GAGA, Katy Perry and Rihanna just feel fresh.

What are your impressions?

Edited by mcj metroid

It's rubbish for a variety of reasons, but might've worked as just an album track. But it's just a bad melding together of a good dance song (Pon De Floor) and some awful lyrics/melodies. It starts off promising but yeah. Nope. Hasn't grown on me, and I think she's pretty decent (at least).

It's literally terrible. Even her name hasn't managed to lift it into the charts, which I'm pleased about. Whoever told her it was a decent single choice needs firing.

A lot of hate here. I've never been one to shy away from a contrary opinion.

I love the song. It's a fusion of a good dance song with Beyonce, who is class. That video was amazing. I love the way her dance moves manage to be fierce, sexy, cool and comical all at the same time. The videos that show off her dancing are fantastic and I just love her dancing in general.

It's not my favourite song ever, but as far as Beyonce songs go, I really like it right now. Should be pretty good for nights out.

Her style as well is so good. It manages to be a little crazy but always always sexy as fuck.

I just love Beyonce.

I love Beyonce, I think she's an awesome singer and incredibly hot but that song is a piece of burning shite. I hate feminism songs as well. If a guy were to release a song saying stuff like guys are better than girls, there'd probably be a case of sexism thrown in but it's okay for a girl to do that? Ugh! Anyway, back to the subject of Beyonce. I do love her songs but not her latest songs. I like her back in her Deja Vu days and Single Ladies is an awesome music video but her latest stuff is crap, except for the duet she done with Lady Gaga.

My opinion? KELLY ROWLAND FTW!

I liked a few of the singles off the last album for a while.

But in general I can't stand her.

And the new song is really bad.

I'm a fan of Pon de Floor generally. But Beyoncé has totally ruined it there.

Awful song.

Like her in general.

I love her dancing in the video :grin: Not much of an opinion on the song. Seems OK.

Urgh, 30secs in to the new video and I'd had enough of it because the songs so bad... a further 90secs of skipping through and I'd had enough.

All the swearing just feels so fake like she's trying to sound cool. Hates!

And the stupid upper body jiggling, hair whipping at the start!... just urgh! #Cantstand

I love her, but i don't understand the quality level of her music is so bipolar. She has some amazing songs, but then comes out with crap like the new one. She's massive, she can get the best songwriters out there. So i don't understand how she could get into a situation like she is now, with such an appalling song as a 1st single.

Seems like the only explanation is a serious lack of taste/judgement on someone's part! But who?? Her, and everyone in her team just happens to have appalling taste??

And the video just made me want to hide her eyebrow bleach! It's almost as bad as fringegate.

She looked like Shakira for a bit of the video and then like Jennifer Lopez.

When the song comes on, I feel like dancing, and enjoying it. So I think it's a good song. Also really like the video. The bit with the shoulders is fantastic. Gif worthy even.

She looks progressively whiter and whiter every album. Hm.

Once more Kelly Rowland, another child of Destiny, beats Beyonce.

I love how the title/lyrics would suggest a fast song, but it's instead really calm.

Kelly Rowland is amazing. I love how she manages to move between sounds and yet sounds completely comfortable in anything she does. It's nice to see Motivation finally giving her a bit of success in America. She's also blatantly the face of 'faceless' euro-dance.

I didn't know Kelly Rowland and Beyonce were competing for some sort of win.

If that's the case I would put Beyonce over Kelly in amount of songs I've liked for each party, hotness and voice.

Kelly Rowland has put out/been associated with her fair share of crap too though... Commander anyone!

Beyonce had a strong start to the last album in my eyes with the likes of If I Were A Boy, Halo, Sweet Dreams... they all seemed like great fits for her, but then something seemed to happen (I'm guessing she was awe struck by GaGa), enter (shit I need to do something different) 'FringeGate' :p and she put out crap like Videophone, Why Don't You Love Me... and now transitioned across into Run The World.

Don't you be dissing Video Phone. That song was my favourite song for like a month.

I'll admit I can enjoy it on some level because of GaGa ["Hubba Hubba"], but overall it was pretty aweful!

Ya sorry.. Videophone was pretty bad... Made even worse by the fact that GAGA's equivilant song was so good.

Kelly Rowland has put out/been associated with her fair share of crap too though... Commander anyone!

princeWTF.gif

What on

EARTH

are you talking about?

Get out of the thread! GET OUT OF THE THREAD!

I took the wife to a Beyonce concert in Dublin in Nov 2009, and fluckily ended up in the special area right next to the stage. Joy wanted to buy a t-shirt and when I got her one this guy asks to have a word with me. He was a big guy, looked like security thought I was in trouble or something. Then he offered us these passes, wasn't really sure what he was on about but we took them anyway. Thought it would only get us into the front part of the standing crowd. When we went up the security on the barrier opened up the fence and we went up to the stage, haha.

Apparently they were giving these passes out to random people who bought merch... so think about that if you are at a show of hers, if you're buying something, see if there a big black guy who looks like he could be an American Football player turned security lurking about... think he said he was her tour manager.

I wasn't expecting to enjoy the night, but how can you not with this vantage point, haha... shook her hand too :D I could have easily jumped on stage too... if I wanted to get kicked out and have a very angry wife :heh:

I was actually very surprised she had an actual band playing too and it wasn't prerecorded intrumentals or anything, so top marks there anyway.

None of the below pics are zoomed in. ;)

SV203392.jpg

SV203398.jpg

SV203409.jpg

I'm sure alot of her "real" fans that were in the normal standing area, finding it hard t see the stage, would have been pissed if they found someone who was only there cuz his wife made him go got into that special area, haha

Edited by Mokong

I'll admit I can enjoy it on some level because of GaGa ["Hubba Hubba"], but overall it was pretty aweful!

How can anyone find Lady Gaga hot, especially if she's standing next to Beyonce. First time I saw them in a video together I was thinking, "Woah, Gaga looks like a pile of shit next to Beyonce."

are you talking about?

Get out of the thread! GET OUT OF THE THREAD!

It's absolute trash, with nothing lyrics...

I feel like the DJ is my bodyguard

You see the way he keeps me safe

With the treble and that bass

I'm a dancefloor lover

How can anyone find Lady Gaga hot, especially if she's standing next to Beyonce. First time I saw them in a video together I was thinking, "Woah, Gaga looks like a pile of shit next to Beyonce."
It's a GaGa lyric from telephone, hence the quotes. :indeed:

Anyway, Personally I don't find Beyonce attractive.

Edited by Retro_Link

She doesn't need to be hot. She's more. But it doesn't sound like you could comprehend that. :indeed:

I assumed that's what he meant when he said "Hubba Hubba" hence why I talked about hotness.