NEurope
flameboy

Batman movie series to be rebooted wtf...

Uh, that's blatantly WHY it's going to be a reboot!

You don't have to request that of Nolan, he's the type of director who obviously always wants to do new things. I think he had to be convinced to even do a third Batman movie.

He's not the type of director who wants to do endless sequels by a long shot.

I'm pretty sure when they say he's "producing" a reboot what they mean is they just want to ensure that the series wont suddenly go to shit and he'll help maintain a high quality level.

I know. I'm just worried they will go to shit anyway, and then he'll be associated with them.

At the moment he's "that guy who knows how to do a Batman film".

Is their plan to have one Batman movie released every year? Aren't people going to get sick of him?

I agree with Nolan as well, why are they already thinking about a reboot when TDKR hasn't even been shown? Makes me think that they're blatantly only thinking about churning out money instead of making a great movie...

Not one every year, TDKR to round the trilogy off, and then a JLA movie, of which if Batman's in, he's not gonna be the focus, and it'll be a different enough Batman anyway. Then in a few years time the new Batman rebot will... Begin!

Whilst Batman films are a great way to make money (well atleast Nolans success with the franchise has been), I think it's a good thing that they are looking ahead to make sure the franchise stays on the right track.

Edited by Retro_Link

I really hope we get a moment in the JLA movie similar to the Justice League animated series pilot with Batman saving the day somehow. I always love seeing that, with the human doing what the uber powered beings could not.

I'm fine with a reboot- most comic series' do it annually or so anyway one way or another- but if Hollywood is going to follow this kind of model too (Spider-Man) then they really, really need to stop doing origin stories. Batman's parents were shot and it made him sad. We know. Now get on with the bit where he punches a thug's kidney out.

In fact, it should be mandatory that all origin stories are confined to pre credit or credit sequences like in Watchmen, which managed to establish an alternative history to half of the 20th century, introduce and kill of several characters and set the thematic tone for the entire film all inside the running time of a Bob Dylan song. Not bad, considering it usually takes oriogin movies half an hour or more to do even less.

Batman (1989) included the origin (but not overly) obviously, as it was the first film. Batman Returns didn't mention it. Batman Forever dealt with his childhood somewhat RE: a possibly interesting psychological subplot that went nowhere, and Batman and Robin had a few pointless flashbacks (but not origin per se).

Batman Begins understandably had all the origin + more. TDK had none.

I wouldn't say it's been done to death or anything.

HOWEVER. It really doesn't need to be done again, and definitely not in any films that'll take place in Nolanverse. Even the 90's films knew that. :p

What?

I'm saying he should complete this trilogy and then STOP!

As opposed to making more films in the trilogy?

First of all.. Producing =/= Directing. He's producing the Superman films. We won't be getting a Nolan Superman film...

His role will be to make sure whoever directs it, won't turn it into a shit fest like the Joel Schumacher films.

I'm all for this if it means proper super villains rather than dodgy geezers in facepaint or a sack over their head.

Why JLA is a bad idea

http://uk.comics.ign.com/articles/115/1159127p1.html

(pretty much a summary of what most of us are probably thinking)

On the other hand, it would be even worse if they did link it to Nolan's Batman films. I wouldn't want to see Nolan's Batverse tainted with such a stupid character as Superman.

OMG i'm so fucking sick of comic book movies!

Reboot this and reboot that. Hollywood is dead to me right now.

On the other hand, it would be even worse if they did link it to Nolan's Batman films. I wouldn't want to see Nolan's Batverse tainted with such a stupid character as Superman.

Or what they'd have to do to Superman to make him fit in to such a stupid universe.