NEurope
Retro_Link

Card Sagas Wars (Think Ultimate Smash Brothers)

This is Awesome! :D

Just read about it on IGN, and then looked it up on Youtube and found a load more videos. It seems to be quite an old project, but it's the first I've seen of it.

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/115/1158078p1.html

Card Sagas Wars, a spinoff of the free fighting-game design engine Mugen, was used to create the ultimate gaming fantasy bout.

Think 2D Smash Bros, only not just Nintendo characters, plus epic special moves and plenty of cameo's! *the two example fights I've posted are amazing!*

Trailer

Samus vs Master Chief

Samus Special @1:40 Master Chief Special @3:15

Link vs Cloud

Cloud Special @ 3.15, plus Chickens and Navi!

Edited by Retro_Link

Oh yeah, I remember this. Still going strong? Is there a release, at least?

It does look epic although I don't think it's really anything like Smash Bros except for the cast. It's kind of like Jump Superstars on the DS, but for gaming instead of manga.

Shame the big names could never all come together and make this a real console game. Think how much it would make as DLC on all three big name consoles.

It does look epic although I don't think it's really anything like Smash Bros except for the cast. It's kind of like Jump Superstars on the DS, but for gaming instead of manga.

Shame the big names could never all come together and make this a real console game. Think how much it would make as DLC on all three big name consoles.

Yeah you're right really, I was partly just trying to entice people in to watch it. As a fighter it's more like a Marvel vs Capcom or something maybe, but there's quite a bit of Smash Bros in there, like all the cameo fighters that appear during a fight, and obviously all the Nintendo characters, who's moves are very similar.

This looks awesome, I want to get it! Is it for free like Mugen?