NEurope
ReZourceman

Limitless (Movie)

I had a choice between seeing this or seeing The Lincoln Lawyer. They had similar scores on Metacritic, and Limitless was 15 minutes earlier and I like (love) Bradley Cooper, so went for this.

limitless-2011.jpg

And I'm glad I did! Wasn't confident on how good it was going to be, but straight out off the bat it seemed to be decent. The opening titles are really awesome...its like...zooming in...but also GOING aswell...its hard to explain. Anyway, it was incredibly immersive. I was like "Holy shit. If they did this technique in 3D ~}3DS{~ it would look amazing).

Anyway, it was pretty decent which surprised me a little. I tend to find Bradley Cooper a joy to watch and he makes a good leading man in this move....hell its got a lot of him. If you don't like him you'll be a bit stuck.

But the breif story idea is this drug which unlocks the full potential of your brain.

Although there are the odd stupid or SILLY (I should say) scenes, they are fun enough and the rest of the film I feel....makes it acceptable to have a few (cool yet eye rolling) scenes. Good action...fairly nice dialogue. Cool supporting cast (Particularly Vernon....I'm not sure the actors name but he was really great)

Recommended.

I love the original marketing plan of not even naming the movie/promoting it as a movie. I saw the "pill ads" on the tube. Such a joke thing to do.

However the trailer was unimpressive.

I love the original marketing plan of not even naming the movie/promoting it as a movie. I saw the "pill ads" on the tube. Such a joke thing to do.

However the trailer was unimpressive.

Yeah I saw those. I was like "WTF....why is Bradley Cooper advertising drugs", and I've also only just realised that that was this movie.

(I avoided the trailers....just saw a short one on TV last week)

Just watched if after convincing the lads that Your Highness was a bad idea*. I thought this film was really splendid, some good graphical effects like you mentioned, and generally very watchable and gripping, or in a word - followable.

You're right, some scenes were like 'yeah that's getting a bit ridiculous now' and the ending was a bit 'lolwat?' but still, I recommend to others here.

*by bad I mean fucking terrible. Defines the friends I've made, huh

I got free tickets to this years ago but it clashed with something, probably life, and thus I didn't get a chance to go.

Are you fo' real Shortz?

Sadly I am :(

Is "years ago" slang for "some time ago" in places.

Is there a pun I don't get?

In my defense, I am pretty ill.

Years ago may have been a slight exaggeration.

What do you mean 'may'? You're seriously saying that you're unsure if you were using hyperbole or not? Idiot. A month is nothing like a fucking year.

Edited by dwarf

What do you mean 'may'? You're seriously saying that you're unsure if you were using hyperbole or not? Idiot. A month is nothing like a fucking year.

I know what you're saying here, but in 24 years of my life I have never heard anyone use 'years ago' as a hyperbole for within the last few weeks. Hence my apprehension. Also the possibility that this film could be some kind of rerelease, or have taken a long time to reach our shores, wasn't out of the question.

Sweet Jimmeny Christmas.

The original post was hyperbole (just checked, the screening was for a month ago today and confirmed two weeks before that so just over six weeks ago) and the second post was sarcasm trying to indicate how time feels all warped and, honestly, months feel like years at the moment (it feels like I've only recently graduated but that's close to two years and someone had to remind me recently I left Woolworths six years ago, not four like I thought. It's also why I posted the Dali as that's what the painting is about).

I'm sorry my use of non-literal expressions has caused such an uproar but whatever.

(and I've heard obvious over-exaggerations such as "I haven't seen you in years" many times in the past)

Edited by Ashley

Honestly Ashley, what uproar? There hasn't been an uproar, just a misinterpretation and a joke.

You think too highly of yourself.

I agree, I've heard that sort of expression many a time. But I understand Shorty as well. LOOOOLZ basically.

Did anyone think the ice-rink scene was pants? 'It'll help you see clearer to get out of the predicament' or whatever... No. There were a lot of things that could've gone horribly with that. And it was generally just bullshit.

Just watched if after convincing the lads that Your Highness was a bad idea*. I thought this film was really splendid, some good graphical effects like you mentioned, and generally very watchable and gripping, or in a word - followable.

You're right, some scenes were like 'yeah that's getting a bit ridiculous now' and the ending was a bit 'lolwat?' but still, I recommend to others here.

*by bad I mean fucking terrible. Defines the friends I've made, huh

This angers me. Your Highness is going to be amazing. Danny McBride = actually amazing. James Franco = actually amazing. Natalie Portman practically naked and looking so fine = actually amazing. Best quest ever!

Honestly Ashley, what uproar? There hasn't been an uproar, just a misinterpretation and a joke.

You think too highly of yourself.

I agree, I've heard that sort of expression many a time. But I understand Shorty as well. LOOOOLZ basically.

Did anyone think the ice-rink scene was pants? 'It'll help you see clearer to get out of the predicament' or whatever... No. There were a lot of things that could've gone horribly with that. And it was generally just bullshit.

Yeah that was probably the most silly scene. I mean...just...what? Lol. Massively lol-worthy. If she wanted to get the guy without getting ("near") him, then there were hundreds of things she could have done. Grabbed and thrown the shears? (She's a genius now, so simple geometry shouldn't have been a problem) run into traffic? Throw a rock? Lulz.

But yeah. I've pretty much decided I'm getting this on Blu-Ray ftlulz.

Natalie Portman naked = enticing.

But the trailer was shite otherwise, (only one actual good bit - 'I was just finishing thinking of you) no actors can save a shoddy script/idea. 26% on Rotten Tomatoes boy.

This angers me. Your Highness is going to be amazing. Danny McBride = actually amazing. James Franco = actually amazing. Natalie Portman practically naked and looking so fine = actually amazing. Best quest ever!

You are far to optimistic on a film based on its cast, or a game based on its characters! As Dwarf points out, 26% is not something you can ignore and funny actors can't save poor writing or direction.

Natalie Portman naked could save it.

But she's in a bikini. And you see everything in the trailer.

I understand wanting to see films more based on who's in them, but assuming something will be good based on who's in it is something else entirely. :p

Might be seeing this tonight avec un future flatmate as we're borednd everyone in our lives has gone home for easter except us. Am actually prepared to let this completely bypass me but I have points saved up on my Premier Card so will get money off the ticket (I think).

I understand wanting to see films more based on who's in them, but assuming something will be good based on who's in it is something else entirely. :p

Might be seeing this tonight avec un future flatmate as we're borednd everyone in our lives has gone home for easter except us. Am actually prepared to let this completely bypass me but I have points saved up on my Premier Card so will get money off the ticket (I think).

You need to have saved up enough points to enable you to buy the ticket outright.

But yes. Films R good.

Awww blez.

He's a simple being with simple interests, who gives?

Well with that reply at least I know the world is still spinning.