NEurope
Daft

Photoshop Thread

So I've got into Photoshop properly recently and thought it would be good to get a thread going to see who else uses it, also to post anything done or any help needed (I have plenty of questions).

Y'all might have noticed I'm a little Danger obsessed. I thought it would be good practice to try and do something in his style so I smashed these out. Probably the first bit of Photoshop I've ever done that wasn't abjectly awful.

5496765717_f8e55beb4e_b.jpg5503082033_a504cab5b7_b.jpg

Any thoughts?

I feel dumb, I've been trying to work out how to do scan lines for ages. Was so easy, I just overlayed a PNG image. Also, used chromatic aberration on both images. Looks much better on the second one, probably because of the high contrast white on black.

Question, in all images the RGB is split into three channels. How do you shift those individual channels? I'm probably missing something obvious but all I can do is make them visible or not.

I think they look great Daft, the second one especially! Brilliant!

The only thing about the first is the pyramid still doesn't quite blend in enough to look natural.

Those scan lines look better, but there's also a similar method under Filter > Texture > Grain > Grain Type > Horizontal, and then adjust the settings... but that's more of a TV static effect I suppose.

I sometimes use photoshop to correct/alter photo's of course, or to quite radically transform them into something more dramatic (I hope)...

p1030966u.jpg

p1030966e.jpg

p1030879.jpg

p1030879e.jpg

But as for actual creations in photoshop, I've only tried my hand at a few things...

This was created from textures found online...

page28.jpg

And these were having fun with two quite boring photo's I'd taken...

page29a.jpg

page30c.jpg

Edited by Retro_Link

I think they look great Daft, the second one especially! Brilliant!

The only thing about the first is the pyramid still doesn't quite blend in enough to look natural.

Cheers! Yeah, I totally agree with the pyramid. I was trying to work out what to do with it. I tried layering some mist coming off the rainforest but couldn't get it to not look awful. I do kind of like the uncanny look of it being too dark but not enough to want to keep it (actually, maybe I just like the idea of it). Yeah, I really need to sort that out. :heh:

Those scan lines look better, but there's also a similar method under Filter > Texture > Grain > Grain Type > Horizontal, and then adjust the settings... but that's more of a TV static effect I suppose.

I think I did this but the image took on the colour I had on my colour pallet and for the life of me I couldn't work out how to apply it without it using the colour. I'll look again because it might not have been 'Grain' I selected since I remember changing the type from 'Dot' to 'Line' and not horizontal.

I sometimes use photoshop to correct/alter photo's of course, or to quite radically transform them into something more dramatic (I hope)...

p1030966u.jpg

p1030966e.jpg

p1030879.jpg

p1030879e.jpg

I love the first car. Looks absolutely slick. The second one's reflection sticks out a bit too much for me

But as for actual creations in photoshop, I've only tried my hand at a few things...

This was created from textures found online...

page28.jpg

And these were having fun with two quite boring photo's I'd taken...

page29a.jpg

page30c.jpg

I like the scifi one. I might have a go at doing something similar.

My PC gets used pretty much exclusively for Photoshop, playing music and occasionally WoW. Some highlights from my Photoshop career:

work.3546627.3.fc,550x550,white.v3.jpg

IMG_9056copy.jpg

P4281062.jpg

Too many source images to list for this one. Other than Sir Patrick Moore and the porthole, the rest of it is from my own images. His monocle is made up from the dial of a bathroom scale, a camera lens, the horn from my bike and the charred twisted remains of Weston Super Mare pier IIRC. The background is a picture I took at a retro arcade at Carters Steam Fair. His neck/floating thing is from a photo I took of our garden lights and some generic picture of smoke:

work.3412074.3.fc,550x550,creme.v3.jpg

This one was made entirely from scratch using macros:

work.2973968.3.fc,550x550,black.v3.jpg

From various photos I took at the NE meet and some generic background swirls made from Photoshop brushes:

work.5752353.1.fc,550x550,black.v3.jpg

This is the sort of thing I use Photoshop for at work:

MontageResize.jpg

Sometimes I fanny around with self portraits too:

work.5906558.3.flat,800x800,070,f.jpg

Edited by Goafer

This is the sort of thing I use Photoshop for at work:

MontageResize.jpg

Haven't seen this one before. Big love.

Things I use photoshop for:

Drawings and illustrations, sometimes traced, sometimes hand sketched or tablet sketched.

shallow_work_and_progress_by_danlikestrees-d382ksq.jpg

hogwarts_state_of_mind_by_danlikestrees-d334bci.jpg

monster_inside_of_me_by_danlikestrees-d339i6q.jpg

And silly things like these

scott_pilgrim_drawn_on_by_danlikestrees-d359ymv.jpg

drawing_on_life_by_danlikestrees-d35v27q.jpg

Monster_Love_by_danlikestrees.jpg

How about a 'cool images thread' or something? Seems to be all tumblr blogs exist for I suppose.

big fan of these (not me)

artmeetscartoons_01.jpg

Edited by dan-likes-trees

Nowadays I use Photoshop for minor photograph tweaking or texture stuff (speaking of I need to sort out a photo of myself for something...) but here's something from a while ago I'm proud of (and shown off before as its the only reasonable thing I've done :p).

3530709363_42dc1678a1_b.jpg

3530707553_d2461e0de0_b.jpg

Messed around with some photos from the other day. Nothing amazing but was fun. My friend moved the camera around a little so I had to skew a couple of the shots to fit properly.

5517933380_b51b183f54_b.jpg

Drawings and illustrations, sometimes traced, sometimes hand sketched or tablet sketched.

shallow_work_and_progress_by_danlikestrees-d382ksq.jpg

Did you scan in a sketch for this and then go over it with a tablet?

Messed around with some photos from the other day. Nothing amazing but was fun. My friend moved the camera around a little so I had to skew a couple of the shots to fit properly.

5517933380_b51b183f54_b.jpg

Did you scan in a sketch for this and then go over it with a tablet?

Yeah think I did / took a photo of it as I have no scanner. Left is the sketch obvs.

Haven't touched photoshop in ages. I use sometimes to play around with stuff. STarted working on a new desktop background for myself lately though. This is a far bigger version of my new sig.

the_best_videogame_characters_by_mcjmetroid-d3bmzi5.jpg

God. This Photoshop business would be a lot easier if I knew (because you MUST be able to) rotate a selection.

Like...the magic wand wavy line, how do you rotate JUST the wavy line, not effecting your image. Because I'm trying to smooth out edges by using circles, but obviously you can only get it on limited (axis?)

Helpz.

God. This Photoshop business would be a lot easier if I knew (because you MUST be able to) rotate a selection.

Like...the magic wand wavy line, how do you rotate JUST the wavy line, not effecting your image. Because I'm trying to smooth out edges by using circles, but obviously you can only get it on limited (axis?)

Helpz.

Select>Transform Selection