N-Europe

3D on youtube 3D with 3D glasses

Sméagol

I was just going to call it "Youtube 3D", but after searching if by chance someone already made a thread about it, I came across [this one], but it didn't quite match what I want to talk about.

I've seen the headlines about this, but quickly dismissed it as something that's just for 3D monitors / screens. Seems it's not the case. You can actually change your 3D viewing style like you can change your resolution.

So for the people with 3D monitors, or those who have a pair of oldskool red & cyan 3D glasses lying around, you can enjoy the following channel:

[Youtube 3D]

Below are some (anaglyphic) examples, but since 3D requires a specific embedding, which N-Europe doesn't allow (you're so behind guys, get on with it :p), you'll have to click the videos to watch them properly:

The featured video on the channel at the moment, something about coke & mentos (but great example):

Paper Mario:

And of course the Avatar trailer:

If you don't have the glasses, I see you can order [a pair of youtube branded 3D glasses] :rolleyes: (or make one yourself of course). If you do have a 3D monitor, click on "3D" right next to the resolution setting, and click "change" to change your setting. Also, higher resolutions help.

Obviously anaglyphic 3D (the red & cyan stuff) doesn't provide the best viewing experience, nevertheless I think it's a very cool addition indeed, and I expect the whole Youtube 3D feature, along with things like the 3DS, to do more for 3D than the actual 3D TVs will.

Edited by Sméagol

• 1 month later...

I'm in love with the GoPro cameras since I saw a video of someone who mounted it on a RC flying thingy. I really want those (and take up some sport to make use of them). Now they have a system that can combine 2 of those cameras to film 3D.

Do yourself a favour and load the 1080p version of the following video and watch it fullscreen (and on Youtube itself so you can set the 3D options).