NEurope
Daft

Impressive

So I just put together this...

I am really really happy with it. First time I've ever edited video. Would love to know what you all think. (And it's probably blocked on copyright grounds.)

[ EDIT: Here's a DailyMotion link - http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xh1t0q_pitch-black-danger-4h30-danger-bostleg-tournament-late_music ]

So, basically, when was the last time you impressed yourself?

I'm quite bad at impressing myself because if something is good I take it for granted. This is the first time in ages where I though 'Hell yeah!'.

Edited by Daft

That video was really well done. Now I feel the need to watch Pitch Black again - awesome film.

I rarely impress myself because I usually have very high expectations. The last time was probably half a year ago when I got a 6 for my Bachelor Thesis (the Swiss do their grading in steps of 1/4 and anything below 4 is a fail with 6 being the best).

I'm glad you guys like it. I had so much fun making it, first time in a long time that some serious effort has been so joyous, too. I've been pretty jaded with uni recently as well so it was a real nice change to have some enthusiasm again. :smile:

Shame about the YouTube thing. It's not like I'm doing the film a disservice. If anything I suspect it'd do the opposite.

Nice video Daft, I like the music too :)

I was actually thinking of the Chronicles of Riddick, today.

Adobe Premiere Pro CS5. It's an amazing piece of software. I'm looking forward to trying some more adventurous tricks with it.

The compiled footage (before being uploaded onto the internet) looks absolutely amazing on my HDTV. Looks shockingly professional.

Adobe Premiere Pro CS5. It's an amazing piece of software. I'm looking forward to trying some more adventurous tricks with it.

The compiled footage (before being uploaded onto the internet) looks absolutely amazing on my HDTV. Looks shockingly professional.

Good good.

Are you just doing this for fun or are you a student of some kind?

Just for fun. It's something I want to become good at. I like acquiring random skills. :heh:

Although I do have to shoot and edit a parkour (Yeah, I mentioned it again) video for uni in the next couple weeks. Will be interesting to see what the results are when I have to do the shooting/directing as well as the editing.

This is the trailer to my mafia game, Harry Potter and the Dark Mark Mafia. This is something I'm very proud of because of the last few seconds at the end where I made my own logo to fit the movie. Also, for some reason, I have a massive smile when I hear the music because of how well I linked it, haha. I never usually praise my own work but I adore what I've done!

Haha! Yeah, that end title looks slick. How did you do it?

---

Also, this thread isn't about my video (as much as I'd love everyone to see it :smile: ), no one else surprised themselves?

Haha! Yeah, that end title looks slick. How did you do it?

---

Also, this thread isn't about my video (as much as I'd love everyone to see it :smile: ), no one else surprised themselves?

I used Adobe After Effects along with a tutorial I found on YouTube called Bessie Potter. I honestly didn't think I'd be able to do it but I did and I feel like someone from Hollywood! :D

Also, I like your video! :)

Thanks very much!

Yeah, I need to have me some of that After Effects. I want to use some chromatic aberration. I love that effect.