NEurope
Hamishmash

My Fake Pokémon Bring All the Nerds 2 the Yard & They're Like "Its Better than Ninty"

I feel shitty. Chair and I started our own Poke gen in our heads and now the ideas have seeped into the collective conciousness of the universe.

I'm sure loads of people have done that. :D

I used to draw loads, in fact still do. I just can't draw. :p

You know I said a while ago on this thread that I'd love to see a sort of Pokemon game with Mario characters? Well... I've been naughty.

This is the grass starter -

tumblr_lo8p79Ltcs1qkg0q1o1_500.jpg

Are you and chair going to be revealing any of these ideas to us? Or are they going to remain in your joint brain. :P

When the time is rîght.

When the time is rîght.

When I've given up? :P

So I was having more thoughts about the Mario game and I came up with some cool ideas.

The game would be an excuse to bring back Stanley! With Mario and Luigi working on all the "plumbing" backlog they've collected after years spent being distracted by Princess-saving, mansion-exorcising and ... partying... Stanley is invited to the castle with a special mission.

Recently, more and more monsters have been cropping up in the Kingdom and Princess Peach has declared that every species must by catalogued.

Prof. E. Gadd has developed a new type of Block called a Capture Block.

tumblr_loa6yyeQog1qavd10.jpg

He also gives you a companion to help you... a Yoshi Egg? But what will you use to wake it up?

This is where POWER UPS COME IN!

tumblr_loa7jdByRg1qavd10.jpg

They're like Pokémon types only... different. Each monster has a Fixed Power Up... that's what they naturally have. Then they have the Secondary Power Up. That's the one you give it, and your monster needs to be given that to Power Up. They word just like types in battle, but they are also objects that help in the "evolution" on them.

PLAIN MUSHROOM - plain/normal

FIRE FLOWER - fire

WATER FROG - water

LIGHTNING BOLT - lightning/electric

PLANT LEAF - plant/grass

ICE FLOWER - ice

BATTLE HAMMER - battle/fighting

POISON MUSHROOM - poison

MAGIC WAND - magic/psychic

FLYING FEATHER - flying

MYSTERIOUS POTION - mysterious/dark

SPIKY EGG - spiky/bug

BRICK BLOCK - brick/rock

SPOOKY BOO - spooky/ghost

POWER STAR - power/dragon

METAL ANCHOR - metal/steel

ENCHANTED WHISTLE - will power up anything.

Prof. E. Gadd gives you the option of using Fire Flower, Water Frog or Plant Leaf to wake the Yoshi egg up. And then you have your first monster!

tumblr_loa7duixH61qavd10.jpg

You will then get the opposing monster then of your choice (but these monsters can also be found in the wild, unlike Yoshi.)

tumblr_loa6w6uD7I1qavd10.jpg

tumblr_loa6wvHl8i1qavd10.jpg

tumblr_loa6xk0VKi1qavd10.jpg

I'm trying to develop a more personal art style but just drawing how I love to naturally. It's a very sketchy style and I think it works well with the photoshop painting I've been working on with Qinc.

I'll try and post the art a bit bigger. But if you're liking this I'm happy to keep going on this as a "break" because it's a lot less work than Fakemon as I've got nothing to design.

Which "starter" would you chose?

the_cheep_cheep_family_by_spune-d3s07zb.jpg

Here is an example of how Power Ups can effect your monsters. Basically it's the same as Eevee, but a lot more common. Cheep Cheep will "Power Up" to the Boss Bass if left alone but "Power Up" to the Porcu-Puffer if given the Spiky Egg.

Also to see all the ones I've done so far I've added a new page to website, viewable here -

http://www.hamishmash.com/mario

Edited by Hamishmash

the_koopa_troopa_family_by_spune-d3s0fwo.jpg

I loved the four-legged Koopa Troopas from Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 so that is what I based their design on.

Koopa Troopas can be found in 4 different colours and each one requires a different item to power-up.

Green shelled Koopas become the Battle Type Hammer Bro if given the Battle Hammer. Red shells become the Paratroopa with the Flying Feather. Blue shells power up into the Magikoopa with a Magic Wand. And Dry Bones become the "spooky type" with the Spooky Boo power-up.

http://spune.deviantart.com/art/The-Koopa-Troopa-Family-228448392

I like this muchly, but maybe it needs it's own thread split for being so awesome by itelf?

I was thinking that, but I realised I already have quite a few threads in this area of the forum. :P