NEurope
chairdriver

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Diageo; watch firefly then watch BSG. Supernatural isn't anything really worth shouting about, it's just a comfort show gone awesome.

It was more a promise to a friend than anything. She said I was like a dude version of her. And I said that if she wanted to be a girl version of me she needed to watch House, and then she said I had to watch Supernatural.

But cheers, Firefly is next on my list.

House and Supernatural are both great shows to watch, but neither offer you wow. House has a main character that trumps a lot of TV shows, and Supernatural has a storyline circa 5-6 which is completely mind-blowing if you've followed it from the beginning, but BSG is fanastic throughout, with a sense of purpose that ulimately is reached; Firefly is mostly adored for the characters that were assassinated when the show was cancelled. It had no serious issues to consider, but once you've watched the show you can't leave them alone.

My faith in Adama is reinforced. Forgiveness. Yes.

Has a song ever been more aurally appropriate for BSG?

forgiveneeeeeeeeeeeesssss

Could be sung by a somehow-unnoticed 6 in a Jazz Bar on Cloud 9.

House and Supernatural are both great shows to watch, but neither offer you wow. House has a main character that trumps a lot of TV shows, and Supernatural has a storyline circa 5-6 which is completely mind-blowing if you've followed it from the beginning, but BSG is fanastic throughout, with a sense of purpose that ulimately is reached; Firefly is mostly adored for the characters that were assassinated when the show was cancelled. It had no serious issues to consider, but once you've watched the show you can't leave them alone.

Well I respectfully disagree. House "wow"s me all the time. Every time I watch the show, I feel delighted, I feel enthralled, I feel connected. And most of all, I feel entertained. I can't watch it without thinking, "I absolutely love this show," which hasn't happened with any show before.

I don't know if it has a deeper purpose, or if I'm supposed to find one in it. If I'm meant to change as a person from watching it. I haven't analysed that. But I do know I'm different after watching it, at least in mood.

Battlestar Galactica is still more worth watching.

Most likely. I've never seen House. I'd bet a toe I'd still value BSG more though. :p

The point is that house is extremely episodical. The characaters do not grow from one season to the next. BSG has a sort of ultimate goal that house/supernatureal do not aim for.

The point is that house is extremely episodical. The characaters do not grow from one season to the next. BSG has a sort of ultimate goal that house/supernatureal do not aim for.

Can't say I agree there either.

But as always it is a matter of opinion.

Can't say I agree there either.

But as always it is a matter of opinion.

Well I stopped watching house a long time ago so I'm not gonna participate in this discussion. However, I just replied to say that wether or not the characters grow/evolve isn't a matter of opinion. They either do or don't.

That said, I would personally find it odd if they didn't in a drama like House.

About Firefly: while I actually did like it quite a lot, especially Serenity... I didn't really feel that connected to it or the characters. It was awesome, but once it was over I never again thought of it even once till now. And upon doing so now, I can't really remember much, other than the central plot and most main characters... and I watched it a year ago, more or less.

So I wouldn't say it was very engaging, emotionally. But it's definitetly cool, no denying that.

Well I stopped watching house a long time ago so I'm not gonna participate in this discussion. However, I just replied to say that wether or not the characters grow/evolve isn't a matter of opinion. They either do or don't.

That said, I would personally find it odd if they didn't in a drama like House.

About Firefly: while I actually did like it quite a lot, especially Serenity... I didn't really feel that connected to it or the characters. It was awesome, but once it was over I never again thought of it even once till now. And upon doing so now, I can't really remember much, other than the central plot and most main characters... and I watched it a year ago, more or less.

So I wouldn't say it was very engaging, emotionally. But it's definitetly cool, no denying that.

Well he doesn't think they grow, and I think they do, so it is up to our opinions on what growth is, and how much a character has to change to grow.

So, saw Black Swan last night.

Natalie-Portman47.jpg_e_723d633edd5bb7d527f5b3714f765292.jpg

Having digested, I found it to be a very powerful film.

It's made me realise I need to just "Live life" more, and embrace the Black Swan inside me. This week I've become conscious that I can't put my finger on why I'm not having more sex than I am. I enjoy sex, but I only partake sporadically. I could be going to London every weekend and having loads of fun, but I'm not... I need to re-evaluate my life. I honestly don't care about heteronormative concerns about the moral/social [can't think of the word] of promiscuity. I'm so fucking bored of values inherited from the Victorians. If I meet a guy/girl I like/love, I'll re-analyse my outlook from there.

I just need to embrace the Black Swan. I did it a bit last night. Randomly kissed a guy on the dancefloor, then walked away, because he was boring me with not enough tongue / felt like I was kissing a corpse.

I'm sure Black Swan principal can be applied to other parts of my life too. Like being more assertive / impulsive / whatever, but sex is at the forefront of my mind. :p

Basically, let me dance my dance. I'm so ready for it.

/////

Second post:

But then, life is about striking balances. Since, the whole Anders/Starbuck/Apollo/Dee situation in BsG emphasises how annoying shite is.

I hate the feeling of potentially wrecking people's emotions. / shutup.

It's awful talking in black and white. I need to learn to talk in colours.

Edited by chairdriver
Automerged Doublepost

The sea refuses no river. The idea is to remain in a state of constant departure, while always arriving. Saves on introductions and goodbyes. The "ride" does not require an explanation, just occupants.

It's like you come into life with a crayon box. You may get the 8-pack, you may get the 16-pack, but it's all in what you do with the crayons, the colours, that you're given. Don't worry about drawing within the lines, or colouring outside the lines - I say colour outside the lines, colour right off the page! Don't box me in, we are in motion to the ocean, we are not land-locked.

fffffffffffffffffff

I watched it when I bought it about 2 years ago (think Ganepark recommended it), and was stunned, but I feel now is the time to take it out again and relish in it as it will always apply to your life. I watched just over half this morning, will watch the rest tomorrow. <3

I love the animation and the fact it changes so willy nilly. And the fact all the conversations are so personal and "real".

I'm just so overwhelmed.

"KATEE SACKHOFF AS STARBUCK"

Hand me a gun. I'm so fraking ready for it.

Cunts know. Cunts know the massive truth.

Wait, are you pro-human? I always felt the show leaves you disliking both sides.

Wait, are you pro-human? I always felt the show leaves you disliking both sides.

I'm really pro-Cylon. [/Yeah, the show deals with both sides so well]

I clapped when Gaius was acquitted.

I'm currently re-watching Band of Brothers for the first time in years.

It's absolutely remarkable. Probably one of the most powerful shows I've ever seen in its sheer emotional heft. The Bastogne episode that focus' on Eugene in the battle of the bulge is just...fantastic, one of the best hours of television ever filmed, I'd say. It conveys so much about the nature of the war and the men who fought it that it leaves you completely raw. Brilliant.

I watched this the other night and it me like a tonne of bricks. =/

"If your husband offs it go on holiday!"

Anyway.

big-love-season-five-poster_414x610.jpg

The end of days indeed. The show has built up this happy unusual family unit over three seasons and over the last two has completely put it through the ringer and its so compelling.

In the space of an hour they put you through so much it actually leaves me speechless. This week's episode completely changed everything, for both the show and the family, and knowing that there's only seven more episodes left (:() its going to be one hell of a ride.

You know a show is good when you find yourself shocked at someone uttering the word "bloody".

Also:

alby.jpgdavid_cameron_1292386c.jpg

It scares me.

I'm currently re-watching Band of Brothers for the first time in years.

It's absolutely remarkable. Probably one of the most powerful shows I've ever seen in its sheer emotional heft. The Bastogne episode that focus' on Eugene in the battle of the bulge is just...fantastic, one of the best hours of television ever filmed, I'd say. It conveys so much about the nature of the war and the men who fought it that it leaves you completely raw. Brilliant.

I simply couldn't agree more.

Another show worth watching, even if you don't like the subject matter is Friday Night Lights. The acting is top notch, the music is sublime (as much Explosions in the Sky as you can take). You can take away the football aspect of it and it's still breathtaking. Such a realistic telling of what it's like living in a small town.

The Bastogne episode that focus' on Eugene in the battle of the bulge is just...fantastic, one of the best hours of television ever filmed, I'd say. It conveys so much about the nature of the war and the men who fought it that it leaves you completely raw. Brilliant.

Probably the best episode in anything ever.

Ok so I have an Amazon voucher and want to start a STUNNING series. I'm leaning toward Six Feet Under right now as it seems up my alley (despite knowing nothingabout it, I'm drawn).

I also liked the first episode of Big Love a lot, but the DVD's are annoying/second-hand on Amazon.

Anyone think of stuff I'd like more? (I really want Veronica Mars but it's telling me import lies)