NEurope
chairdriver

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

"To The Lighthouse"

Episode of the CRIMINALLY CANCELLED Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. That Charlie would fight so hard and still stand by John even though Sarah abandoned him is really moving, and the performance by the actor playing Charlie was very involving for me.

Just that final moment a the camera pans across the dock and you see his body floating there to the last bars of "Donald, Where's Your Trousers?" is horribly fascinating. I was speechless for hours after seeing that.

The Wire? charizard

I have series 1, never finished it. I feel rude, since it was so unique and great, but I just left it too long between watching episodes. In fact...now I have loads of free/boredom time I'll start it up again. It's a lack of motivation.

But yeah I'll just buy Six Feet Under.

Ok so I have an Amazon voucher and want to start a STUNNING series. I'm leaning toward Six Feet Under right now as it seems up my alley (despite knowing nothingabout it, I'm drawn).

I also liked the first episode of Big Love a lot, but the DVD's are annoying/second-hand on Amazon.

Anyone think of stuff I'd like more? (I really want Veronica Mars but it's telling me import lies)

I'm telling you import truths: VM WILL WORK ON ANY DVD PLAYER.

And BL is cheaper elsewhere. I know you have vouchers but its sub £13 on Zavvi, The Hut, Asda, Argos, LoveFilm, Play.

I'm telling you import truths: VM WILL WORK ON ANY DVD PLAYER.

And BL is cheaper elsewhere. I know you have vouchers but its sub £13 on Zavvi, The Hut, Asda, Argos, LoveFilm, Play.

I can also confirm VM does work on any player of DVDs.

Just watched The Ties That Bind.

nikkiclyne_and_nicky_2.jpg

Genuinely didn't know what was going to happen in the airlock. At first I thought she was going to leave the baby, then I thought she was going to commit suicide.

I feel so tricked by Tory. Bitch is evil. But it had to be done, since Cally is blatantly racist/on drugs. Also she did it cleverly to make sure Chief never found out it wasn't suicide.

Janine - yes. She's 14, the one no one mentions cause she was boxed for being too controversial.

This thread is the greatest, i don't know how I have missed. And bonus Waking Life references! I need to read up.

(though re: first post - that was like my least fave episode, but then that's only because I hate relative standalonely episodes)

Watched the first season and was not impressed. The strong theme of religion, God and scriptures, robots wanting love, it all bores me.

Watched the first season and was not impressed. The strong theme of religion, God and scriptures, robots wanting love, it all bores me.

That says far more about you than it does the show.

And what would that be oh almighty one?

And since I just gave my opinion on the show, it's pretty clear it's talking about me, it being my opinion and all.

Edited by Diageo

2gsizup.gif

And since I just gave my opinion on the show, it's pretty clear it's talking about me, it being my opinion and all.

Got halfway through writing a massive spiel, but really it's not useful for anyone involved to publish it.

You can't hurry maturity.

Got halfway through writing a massive spiel, but really it's not useful for anyone involved to publish it.

You can't hurry maturity.

OK maturity queen. Make a judgement on someone else based on their taste of media like you normally do.

OK maturity queen. Make a judgement on someone else based on their taste of media like you normally do.

Well I will, because I believe taste reflects well what a person is like as a person.

*shrugs shoulders*

Well I will, because I believe taste reflects well what a person is like as a person.

*shrugs shoulders*

So you really think my taste in BSG is enough to know I'm immature?

Don't you think that's a little judgemental, pretentious, and keeps you from getting to know some really nice people, because you think if they don't like something you love, they are not good enough for you.

Diageo, you do realise that the language you pick does seem like you're spoiling for a fight so please don't get upset when one comes to your door.

Also no one was commenting on you opinion of BSG rather that by the way you have written earlier, you make it seem like the entire concept of spiritualism, religion and the definition of "alive" are just dull despite them being some of the most heavily studied topics of all human existence.

I'm not going to bash you for not liking BSG but I think that your explanation of why could do with some work.

So you really think my taste in BSG is enough to know I'm immature?

No, but I've read all your other posts too.

I didn't mean to start anything. When I said you can't hurry maturity it's more a statement of fact, it's not really 'your fault'. It just might be useful for your own sake to be aware of things like that.

[i'm a dick. I'm sorry. I actually enjoy your presence sometimes, in so much that you'd be in an episode of my RPG, which progresses the story a lot.]

Don't you think that's a little judgemental, pretentious, and keeps you from getting to know some really nice people, because you think if they don't like something you love, they are not good enough for you.

I'm not really interested in 'nice' people. They're nice and all, but realistically are mostly boring and probably have nothing to say I want to hear. I want stunners in my life. I want people I have faith in.

Everyone talks in terms of American High-school TV, as if having friends and being popular with everyone is the be-all-end-all. It's not a case of being "good enough", it's a case of having nothing to offer me I've not already heard.

I'm just so weary of enduring shit and thinking in terms of shit. I can try and appease people, I can try to change the way I am so I don't get labelled pretentious. etc etc. I'm bored.

Edited by chairdriver

Pretension is such a poor word to use in your case anyway. Literally not a pretence.