NEurope
dan-likes-trees

Diddy Kong Racing

I don't recall which I found hardest of the domain bosses, either the Octopus or the Dragon. (Wizpig doesn't count)

For me, the dragon was the most difficult besides Wizpig.

For me, the dragon was the most difficult besides Wizpig.

I struggled most with the octopus personally.

The first Wizpig race was easy once i'd learned that letting go of the accelerator button over boost strips gave you a massive launch forward.

Also i always used Drumstick for that part. I vaguely remember another Wizpig race but its not clear in my mind...

I vaguely remember another Wizpig race but its not clear in my mind...

I think you've blocked it from your memory due to the mega difficulty of it.

I think you've blocked it from your memory due to the mega difficulty of it.

Lol - perhaps so..

I can remember bits of it - was he flying?

Whinzypig was eeeevil. But yeah, getting the "rainbow" boost was the key to winning most of the races in the game.

I prefered how solid this game was over MarioKart 64 which felt technically loose. The 2D driver models for instance were dodgy. But the tracks were superb. Driving up to Peach's castle etc...Amaaaayzing!

Anyway - there needs to be more toon racing games! Mario Kart Wiiiii was great but I need more! Snowboard kids, Crash Team Racing, Konami's "Wai, Wai, Wai, Wai, Wai, Wai", racing.

Karting games are wonderful. But Diddy and Whinzypig were brutally awesome.

Also: "Celebrate, good-times come on"..

Edited by tapedeck

I prefered how solid this game was over MarioKart 64 which felt technically loose. The 2D driver models for instance were dodgy. But the tracks were superb. Driving up to Peach's castle etc...Amaaaayzing!

I've often wondered how Mario Kart 64 would have felt with 3D models..

This game is probably my favourite ever racing game. The SP was tough as nails and the MP battles and such were stunning. I don't think they'd be able to make anything qith quite as much spirit :D

(PS. MK64 was amazing... but this definitely tops it. :D)

I prefered how solid this game was over MarioKart 64 which felt technically loose.

Mario Kart felt faster and the powersliding was much much better.

*stirs*

The planes are the nuts. It's like, really good, especially for something that you only really use for about 5 levels.

Re: MK64 VS DKR

The level design and weapons have gotta be better on Mario Kart..

Yet the planes, hovers, and adventure mode has Diddy Kong edge it for me. Controls a bit better too, as long as you're one of the 3 good racers. (Tiptup is my man)

GET OUT! :D

I'm glad to see many of us on here actually prefer this over Mario Kart 64.

*hands out cookies*

The boss I found the hardest was probably the Octopus, such a git.

Been playing through the adventure the last couple days... rocketing through it, weird to think how many hours it took me when I was 10 or whatever. But yeah, 2nd octopus race I spent like an hour on this evening :P one false turn and it's into one of his stupid bubbles and an irritating restart. There should be more boss races in games, the sense of accomplishment was immense!

The dragon took a while too, until I discovered that Pipsy is like, the ultimate fly-er.

Just made it to the space levels. Awweeesome. Also, I loled at the weird cutscene where all the characters are partying on the beach and Wizpig comes along and runs around and random wizpig spaceship starts shooting at them all... the most random plot ever.